• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chip.kelly house shopping in florida

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pete-carroll-jets.jpg
Pete Carroll is a good football coach. He has been a winner in college as well as in the NFL.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurrier was a decent college coach but made a mistake by agreeing to coach the hapless Redskins. That team hasn't been relevant since Joe Gibbs was head coach.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GnG likes to add useless statements to a conversation

"he was a failure in the nfl"
"he is overrated imo"
"he's overrated"

Wow, great insight bud.
You know in your heart that I am right... :thumb:

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think NFL experience has anything to do with how good a college coach is. Good grief the best college coach out there failed in the NFL. Yes, failed. He saw the writing on the wall and got the fuck out of Miami.

Kelly is an excellent college coach, I do think he inherited a team on the rise, with a plan already in place, but he executed it to near perfection. Frost was a big part of that as well though...
Even with the "but" part there, he was part of the plan. It's not like he just inherited a team on the rise, he was already a big part of them being on the rise.

I hate talking him up, cuz fuck him, but to call him overrated at the college level is pretty stupid. He's rated right where he should be.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GnG likes to add useless statements to a conversation

"he was a failure in the nfl"
"he is overrated imo"
"he's overrated"

Wow, great insight bud.
He's not the brightest tool.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC was hit with atomic sanctions and Washington was being run by an alcoholic joke. The PAC was also historically down during Chips run. He had a window and maximized the advantage. Good for him. But the end result was NCAA sanctions and him being banned from coaching in it for multiple seasons.

I think this ends up a disaster for Florida or any other school that hires that POS. The rap sheets of the players he brings in will be a mile long and it will make Urban Meyer's crews there look like chior boys. And at least Urban knows you got to play defense to consistently win the big games. Chips a total joke in that dept.
To be fair, he'll probably match Meyer's rap sheets, probably won't out do them. They aren't concerned about that at Florida. They desperately want to win right now, and are probably attracted to his flexible take on the rules more than concerned about it.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna lie, I do think the ducks lost to Auburn mostly because of stupid coaching, which I viewed as pure awesomeness.

Not a fan of florida, 0regon or chip so I don't know why Im even posting here. :scratch:

To put how badly a mirage the 2011 Ducks were:

In one of the worst collection of PAC teams in modern history, they avg 49 points a game. What happened when they faced a team with a pulse at defense? They proceed to score 19.

So what happens when they faced a team with a real defensive front 7? The Auburn defense absolutely shut down every aspect of the Ducks run game. All Chip could do was keep trying to pound LaMichael James up the middle and it was like watching a special ed kid keep running into a wall. He had nothing else. He was getting his pants pulled down on national tv.

And to really put that debacle in perspective, Cam Newton brought his C game that night. The guy was flat from start to finish. And he was a one man show that year. He was most of Auburns entire offense that year. And even with him looking like he pounded a bunch of purple drank before game time, they still ended up beating the Ducks.

Florida's AD and boosters should watch that game film before even creating a list of candidates. That's what happens when Chip Kelly teams face a team with a defense with a pulse.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To put how badly a mirage the 2011 Ducks were:

In one of the worst collection of PAC teams in modern history, they avg 49 points a game. What happened when they faced a team with a pulse at defense? They proceed to score 19.

So what happens when they faced a team with a real defensive front 7? The Auburn defense absolutely shut down every aspect of the Ducks run game. All Chip could do was keep trying to pound LaMichael James up the middle and it was like watching a special ed kid keep running into a wall. He had nothing else. He was getting his pants pulled down on national tv.

And to really put that debacle in perspective, Cam Newton brought his C game that night. The guy was flat from start to finish. And he was a one man show that year. He was most of Auburns entire offense that year. And even with him looking like he pounded a bunch of purple drank before game time, they still ended up beating the Ducks.

Florida's AD and boosters should watch that game film before even creating a list of candidates. That's what happens when Chip Kelly teams face a team with a defense with a pulse.
Cam was having back issues and in a lot of pain.
That Auburn defense was the worst to win a NC in the modern era.

Let them hire Chip.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam was having back issues and in a lot of pain.
That Auburn defense was the worst to win a NC in the modern era.

Let them hire Chip.

I forgot that Cam also beat Chip with a busted out back, but not sure about calling that a bad defense. Nick Fairley had five tackles, a sack, and a forced fumble. Three of his tackles were made behind the line of scrimmage. Fairley was selected as the defensive player of the game award. They still made LaMichelle and whatever QB who ended up in the CFL look like a little bitches and completely shut down Chipster.

I can see why the rest of tSEC is rooting for Chip to get hired at Florida. His team will lead the conf in arrests and general assholery, which will keep less heat on the other teams. Smart.