• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chip Gotta Plan

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but according to him he ain't in control of it.

In December, amid a three-game losing streak, three players sat at their lockers and argued whether it was Chip Kelly or Howie Roseman who had ultimate say over the business side of football operations.

Player 1 insisted that Roseman, then the Eagles general manager, controlled the salary cap and contract negotiations. Player 2 agreed but jokingly said a coach who monitors their every move with tracking devices would eventually want complete authority. But Player 3 wasn't convinced and figured Kelly was already pushing all the buttons.

Player 3 is no longer on the team and the other two remain, although Player 1 never received the new contract he had hoped for this offseason.

When some Eagles have attempted to talk about their deals with him this offseason, the coach has answered that he has no authority over contracts, sources familiar with the conversions said.

Kelly hasn't mentioned Roseman by name, only referring to contract deciders as "they" or "them." Ed Marynowitz, promoted to vice president of player personnel after the front-office shake-up, deals with agents, but it's been made clear decisions aren't coming from his desk.

Article mentions Ertz will be the test case. Right now he's saying and doing all the right things. But if he has a PB season and/or get franchised, will it all be lovey-duvy at Nova Care?

chip Better win.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horrible journalism going on there. The more I read McLane, the less impressed I get.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A head coach deflecting a question from the press. That is a rare event in today world. :D :D Chip is in control now but he isn't in 100% control. The only one that has that honor is Jeff Lurie. When he is asked similar questions he is as evasive as anyone.

The experts can say what they want but until they start playing no one will know. I am sure if this year is successful everyone will take credit for it. If it isn't, Chip will get the blame.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In any biz people will dislike the HMFIC no matter how good he is. If we come out 6-0 you won't hear a peep. If he's 2-4 you'll hear every story from the Shady's of the world.
Not much in this story.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A head coach deflecting a question from the press.

I think you missed what the quote said
When some Eagles have attempted to talk about their deals with him this offseason, the coach has answered that he has no authority over contracts,

Player: "Hey Coach, when can we talk about my new contract?"
Chip: "I have no idea; I'm not in charge of that shit! Hey Ed, I'm tired of Evan bytching about his contract. Cut him."

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In any biz people will dislike the HMFIC no matter how good he is. If we come out 6-0 you won't hear a peep. If he's 2-4 you'll hear every story from the Shady's of the world.
Not much in this story.
Navy man?

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you missed what the quote said

Player: "Hey Coach, when can we talk about my new contract?"
Chip: "I have no idea; I'm not in charge of that shit! Hey Ed, I'm tired of Evan bytching about his contract. Cut him."

Um. That "quote" wasn't actually in the story. Even the "quotes" that are in there don't really count as quotes IMO as they are anonymous. Its a really Nancy sort of move IMO to go bitching to a reporter anonymously. Either own what you say or keep your mouth shut. And its poor reporting IMO as well to build a story around anonymous quotes. Use your deep throat if you must to build context and background, but don't publish a story until you have something more than some guy who won't own his quote. Its tabloid journalism.

Sometimes I think some fans and reporters are more interested in stirring up a soap opera than watching a football team.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With your facts and reasoning, dpd i'm surprised you haven't reasoned us to SB victories the last 50 consecutive years.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With your facts and reasoning, dpd i'm surprised you haven't reasoned us to SB victories the last 50 consecutive years.

You are really bored aren't you? 5 weeks until Training Camp opens. Take a vacation. Find a hobby. Date a woman.

You do realize that we are all just Yahoos on a message board and nothing we discuss here makes one dam bit of difference on what the Eagles do or how they perform? I find it strange at times how people use the "we" pronoun to discuss their football team. The emotional connection here is fake and manufactured for the sole purpose of extracting money from your wallet. Go get a real life.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A head coach deflecting a question from the press. That is a rare event in today world. :D :D Chip is in control now but he isn't in 100% control. The only one that has that honor is Jeff Lurie. When he is asked similar questions he is as evasive as anyone.

The experts can say what they want but until they start playing no one will know. I am sure if this year is successful everyone will take credit for it. If it isn't, Chip will get the blame.

I was generalizing since the quotes from the players are nameless. Let me try this again so you will be content.

"A head coach deflecting a question. That is a rare event."

Better? :D :D

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are really bored aren't you? 5 weeks until Training Camp opens. Take a vacation. Find a hobby. Date a woman.

You do realize that we are all just Yahoos on a message board and nothing we discuss here makes one dam bit of difference on what the Eagles do or how they perform? I find it strange at times how people use the "we" pronoun to discuss their football team. The emotional connection here is fake and manufactured for the sole purpose of extracting money from your wallet. Go get a real life.

If that is the case, perhaps you should take your own advice.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOT="L.Freamon, post: 6808625, member: 8547"]If that is the case, perhaps you should take your own advice.[/QUOTE]
That is the case and I do.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horrible journalism going on there. The more I read McLane, the less impressed I get.

I usually won't checkout who the author is of an article because I want to get right to the meat, but part of the way in and I'm going "man this is just going nowhere." Had to see who the author was and yup it's McLane.

He's a lazy writer. Seemingly comes from being a lazy thinker. Agreed, that the more I read the less impressed.

It's a shame for us all because he's one of the guys with the most access.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um. That "quote" wasn't actually in the story. Even the "quotes" that are in there don't really count as quotes IMO as they are anonymous. Its a really Nancy sort of move IMO to go bitching to a reporter anonymously. Either own what you say or keep your mouth shut. And its poor reporting IMO as well to build a story around anonymous quotes.

It wasn't even anonymous quotes. It was likely McLane just being in the lockerroom and overhearing that conversation and him going "I should jot this down so I can use it at some point."

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the case and I do.
You're taking your own advice and yet have more posts in the Evan Mathis thread than anyone else, and by a good margin. Ha!

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're taking your own advice and yet have more posts in the Evan Mathis thread than anyone else, and by a good margin. Ha!

I do have a 3 week vacation to Italy on the horizon with my beautiful wife of 25 years. Really been on the message boards much more than usual lately as I had back surgery 2 months ago. Thankfully, it looks like a strong recovery.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do have a 3 week vacation to Italy on the horizon with my beautiful wife of 25 years. Really been on the message boards much more than usual lately as I had back surgery 2 months ago. Thankfully, it looks like a strong recovery.

You really should start hanging out with her more, and posting less. I work as a personal trainer, let's rehab your back and get you going! :D

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it wasn't for dpd this board would be quite dead.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it wasn't for dpd this board would be quite dead.

That might be true, but that would be better than arguing over Tim Tebow being a worthy NFL QB and Tobin being a better guard than Mathis.