• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chin up Falcons fans

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt they will remember. But at the same time. Anyone can see the Falcons are good enough to win a SB as they were as close as you could get and played a tough postseason schedule to get there. As long as they look at it that way they will be fine. heck, looking at next year you could say they have this loss to keep them focused and avoid complacency. It could work both ways.
The Falcons defense was one of the worst in the NFL in 2016.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Falcons defense was one of the worst in the NFL in 2016.
And yet...they had a SB in their pocket that they let slip away. If they are the same team this year as last year, bad defense and all, and Edelman doesn't catch that ball next year...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's implying that bandwagon = sanity though, which I vehemently disagree with.

The butthurt for Chargers fans is bit off-putting for fans of teams that REALLY moved, as in across state lines and time zones. The Chargers moved 100 miles up the coast. Easy drive to see a game, just not in your immediate vicinity anymore. It sucks, sure, but it's not the calamity that everyone is making it out to be. It's certainly easier than it was on St. Louis, who has now lost two teams.
I think its the idea of putting up with a hostile owner. I can't put myself in the Chargers shoes but I agree that moving an hour or two away probably wouldn't swing my loyalty as its takes me awhile to get to Arrowhead from where I'm at. Owner issues are very offputting but the Chargers have talent. They beat the Falcons and if Keenan Allen was healthy and Bosa played all year they probably had an outside shot at the playoffs.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet...they had a SB in their pocket that they let slip away. If they are the same team this year as last year, bad defense and all, and Edelman doesn't catch that ball next year...
Give Edelman credit for a clutch catch.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its the idea of putting up with a hostile owner. I can't put myself in the Chargers shoes but I agree that moving an hour or two away probably wouldn't swing my loyalty as its takes me awhile to get to Arrowhead from where I'm at. Owner issues are very offputting but the Chargers have talent. They beat the Falcons and if Keenan Allen was healthy and Bosa played all year they probably had an outside shot at the playoffs.
The fans should have supported a new stadium.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give Edelman credit for a clutch catch.
:scratch: Yeah. That's my point. That's what it took to beat Atlanta. To think they are done going forward is off base IMO

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are all those people in Atlanta going to do with a bunch of left nuts? And why does no one ever volunteer to give up their right nut?
Personally the left nut is that one that takes all the damage and its very frustrating so I will offer that one up first.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the folks in San Diego would have supported building a new stadium they'd still have a team.
Without going through the entire explanation again, we did support a new stadium. Just not the one that Spanos wanted.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you really losing your team when they're just moving a couple hours up the road?
I don't expect outsiders to understand the whole SD-LA dynamic. But they may as well have moved to China. San Diego despises LA for the most part.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't expect outsiders to understand the whole SD-LA dynamic. But they may as well have moved to China. San Diego despises LA for the most part.

<useful>

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ah shit man tell me you lost an avy bet and hopefully not for too long......

Just a week, not too bad, but yall should probably be thankful that @Vyle203 won the bet, I think the avy I had lined up for him was a little worse.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's almost never the same team the next year. Teams rarely make it back the next season, especially the losing team.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think it came down to experience, which Rodgers has. I was much less surprised that the Patriots came back than a lot of people. They kept saying that no team has come back from more than 14 points in a superbowl, etc. But really there haven't been many instances where the veteran, favored team was down like that. Even going into the 4th quarter when it was 28-9, anyone who doesn't think a team that's won multiple superbowls recently is going to at least make a run against an inexperienced 11-5 team like the Falcons doesn't watch much football.

Ditto here.

And to add to your point, even when the score was 28-3, the Patriots already had a big lead in time of possession. ATL's defense was on the field way too long before the comeback even started and you could see the effects already setting in when they got flagged for three straight defensive holding penalties on 3rd downs. Meanwhile, the Pats' D was pretty fresh entering the 3rd quarter.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for most of these falcon players, this was the first taste of postseason success they've ever had, let alone making it to a superbowl. a loss like this is going to be absolutely devastating for them. don't be shocked if the falcons struggle to get anything other than a wildcard appearance next season.

all i know is that if rodgers and the packers were up 28-3 on the patriots, NO WAY IN HELL they're giving up that lead and game.

Well... would like to agree, but Packers had their own meltdown in 2014 :gaah:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without going through the entire explanation again, we did support a new stadium. Just not the one that Spanos wanted.
Then don't whine over the Chargers leaving for a better deal.