• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chin up Falcons fans

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember there's an entire fanbase here in San Diego that would give their left nut to change places with you. Losing your team is far worse than having them blow a Super Bowl. Our pain stays while you guys get to open a new stadium as NFC Champs in 8 months.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While that may be true, this is a horrible loss.

The Falcons blew their shot at a winning super bowl for the forseable future IMO. They're losing their OC and possibly one of their candidates to replace that outgoing OC to new jobs elsewhere. Blowing a 28-3 second half lead will cripple this teams' psyche, as it should.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember there's an entire fanbase here in San Diego that would give their left nut to change places with you. Losing your team is far worse than having them blow a Super Bowl. Our pain stays while you guys get to open a new stadium as NFC Champs in 8 months.
What are all those people in Atlanta going to do with a bunch of left nuts? And why does no one ever volunteer to give up their right nut?

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falcon fans and atlanta fans as whole have been there before....it is what has come to be expected. I still haven't forgiven Lonnie Smith.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are all those people in Atlanta going to do with a bunch of left nuts? And why does no one ever volunteer to give up their right nut?
Hell they can have both of mine. Already had my kids and vasectomy. Don't really need the beans, just the frank.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Falcons blew their shot at a winning super bowl for the forseable future IMO. They're losing their OC and possibly one of their candidates to replace that outgoing OC to new jobs elsewhere. Blowing a 28-3 second half lead will cripple this teams' psyche, as it should.
Disagree. Players are far more important than coordinators. The offense will still be great next year and if they focus on improving their defense they could easily get right back in the same position.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for most of these falcon players, this was the first taste of postseason success they've ever had, let alone making it to a superbowl. a loss like this is going to be absolutely devastating for them. don't be shocked if the falcons struggle to get anything other than a wildcard appearance next season.

all i know is that if rodgers and the packers were up 28-3 on the patriots, NO WAY IN HELL they're giving up that lead and game.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falcons are set up for playoff runs for the next couple of years. They have been the best drafting team in the NFL lately. Their defense is young and talented and only has a couple of holes. They have a franchise QB, a good enough oline and arguably the best player in football in Julio Jones.

Their division is relatively tough though Brees might not be a factor too much longer. Like most people are saying, this might be a little devastating to a young team but when you're young, you believe that you are going to get back. They lost some games last year that they should've won with more experience and Desmond Trufant is a true #1 CB.

I think any sane person would rather be a Falcons fan than a San Diego Chargers fan or a STL Rams fan.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mostly agree...HORRIBLE LOSS.

I don't think it will take 18 yrs to get back to the SB...they started 7 guys on DEF with 2 yrs or less experience. Obviously not MVP level, but Matt has produced well under every OC he's played for actually.

I think Shanahan will have more scar tissue from this than the players, but I do think it will have an effect on Matt Ryan for a while.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for most of these falcon players, this was the first taste of postseason success they've ever had, let alone making it to a superbowl. a loss like this is going to be absolutely devastating for them. don't be shocked if the falcons struggle to get anything other than a wildcard appearance next season.

all i know is that if rodgers and the packers were up 28-3 on the patriots, NO WAY IN HELL they're giving up that lead and game.
Yeah, I think it came down to experience, which Rodgers has. I was much less surprised that the Patriots came back than a lot of people. They kept saying that no team has come back from more than 14 points in a superbowl, etc. But really there haven't been many instances where the veteran, favored team was down like that. Even going into the 4th quarter when it was 28-9, anyone who doesn't think a team that's won multiple superbowls recently is going to at least make a run against an inexperienced 11-5 team like the Falcons doesn't watch much football.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think it came down to experience, which Rodgers has. I was much less surprised that the Patriots came back than a lot of people. They kept saying that no team has come back from more than 14 points in a superbowl, etc. But really there haven't been many instances where the veteran, favored team was down like that. Even going into the 4th quarter when it was 28-9, anyone who doesn't think a team that's won multiple superbowls recently is going to at least make a run against an inexperienced 11-5 team like the Falcons doesn't watch much football.

excellent point. we might go the next couple of decades before such a set of circumstances presents itself like that, in the superbowl of all games, once again. . .

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think any sane person would rather be a Falcons fan than a San Diego Chargers fan or a STL Rams fan.

That's implying that bandwagon = sanity though, which I vehemently disagree with.

The butthurt for Chargers fans is bit off-putting for fans of teams that REALLY moved, as in across state lines and time zones. The Chargers moved 100 miles up the coast. Easy drive to see a game, just not in your immediate vicinity anymore. It sucks, sure, but it's not the calamity that everyone is making it out to be. It's certainly easier than it was on St. Louis, who has now lost two teams.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mostly agree...HORRIBLE LOSS.

I don't think it will take 18 yrs to get back to the SB...they started 7 guys on DEF with 2 yrs or less experience. Obviously not MVP level, but Matt has produced well under every OC he's played for actually.

I think Shanahan will have more scar tissue from this than the players, but I do think it will have an effect on Matt Ryan for a while.

That could very well be. Remains to be seen who they get to run the offense, which could dictate their success level moving forward. A first place schedule and the super bowl loss hangover definitely puts a big damper on any return hopes next season though.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you really losing your team when they're just moving a couple hours up the road?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That could very well be. Remains to be seen who they get to run the offense, which could dictate their success level moving forward. A first place schedule and the super bowl loss hangover definitely puts a big damper on any return hopes next season though.

I think it would be unwise to predict the Falcons back to the SB or even the playoffs next year, but they are young enough and have a decent talent base to build on...you can never be certain about these things, but unless I'm totally wrong about Quinn, it shouldn't take them 18 more yrs to reach this game is my point.

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really pulling for the Falcons last night, after the loss I starting feeling so badly that I had to remind myself that I'm not a Falcons fan. At some point you just want other fans like yourself whos team has never won to finally break thru, I'm still shaking my head

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doubt it. It's a long off season. Month from now the fans are probably hurting more than half of the players...

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt it. It's a long off season. Month from now the fans are probably hurting more than half of the players...
And then the Falcons get to see the Pats unveil the banner on Opening Night in person. That will bring back some memories.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then the Falcons get to see the Pats unveil the banner on Opening Night in person. That will bring back some memories.
No doubt they will remember. But at the same time. Anyone can see the Falcons are good enough to win a SB as they were as close as you could get and played a tough postseason schedule to get there. As long as they look at it that way they will be fine. heck, looking at next year you could say they have this loss to keep them focused and avoid complacency. It could work both ways.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the folks in San Diego would have supported building a new stadium they'd still have a team.