• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

chicken skillet meals

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone got any ideas for easy skillet meals. due to
my diet restrictions i usually end up skillet frying some chicken and potatoes. anyone have any ideas how to spice this up? sauces? liquids? other veggies to make
a quick skillet and chicken meal
with tenderloins/breasts

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are you talkin stir fry?

And just a side note, but be careful with taters. If you're trying to lose weight then I'd substitute those with something less carb-filled.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are you talkin stir fry?

And just a side note, but be careful with taters. If you're trying to lose weight then I'd substitute those with something less carb-filled.
i workout 5-6 days a week and count calories i'm always high carb. carbs are my friend i eat roughly 3-4 potatoes with dinner a night

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sauces are the easiest fix, but I don't tend to use them because the sodium levels are sometimes astronomical. Soy is the popular with stir fry, but I've dabbled with Peanut/Sesame Oils mixed into the soy which I was very pleased with. Also if you like more of the teriyaki taste then throw brown sugar into the mix.

Spices:
  • S&P for the breasts prior to cubing
  • Garlic salt
  • Paprika
  • Chilli powder
  • Onion powder
  • Turmeric or Cumin
  • Cayenne powder
  • Ginger (ground)
That'll give you a nice oriental smoky/bbq flavor. Don't be afraid to be liberal with everything but the salts. Be careful with ginger though as it will sweeten it up and overpower everything else. If you're wanting to try a zesty route then try Lemon Pepper & Dill in combination with any of the above.

Veggies:
  • Water Chestnuts (canned, drained)
  • Onion
  • Green Bell Pepper
  • Baby Corn (canned, drained)
  • Broccoli
Other's I dabble with but not often:
  • Mushrooms (all diff kinds)
  • Sugar Snap Peas
  • Carrots
Others:
  • Cashews
Probably one of my favorite things to add is cashews. It'll make every stir fry better.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i workout 5-6 days a week and count calories i'm always high carb. carbs are my friend i eat roughly 3-4 potatoes with dinner a night
Lucky man. I have a tough time with cutting weight so I am very careful with carb intake. I miss my carbs

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sauces are the easiest fix, but I don't tend to use them because the sodium levels are sometimes astronomical. Soy is the popular with stir fry, but I've dabbled with Peanut/Sesame Oils mixed into the soy which I was very pleased with. Also if you like more of the teriyaki taste then throw brown sugar into the mix.

Spices:
  • Garlic salt
  • Paprika
  • Chilli powder
  • Onion powder
  • Turmeric or Cumin
  • Cayenne powder
  • Ginger (ground)
That'll give you a nice oriental smoky/bbq flavor. Don't be afraid to be liberal with everything but the salts. Be careful with ginger though as it will sweeten it up and overpower everything else. If you're wanting to try a zesty route then try Lemon Pepper & Dill in combination with any of the above.

Veggies:
  • Onion
  • Green Bell Pepper
  • Broccoli
  • Sugar Snap Peas
  • Carrots
Others:
  • Cashews
Probably one of my favorite things to add is cashews. It'll make every stir fry better.
good stuff face

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucky man. I have a tough time with cutting weight so I am very careful with carb intake. I miss my carbs
i bust my ass in the gym, i have a body fat under 10% ......trial and error u find what works for your body u know

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i bust my ass in the gym, i have a body fat under 10% ......trial and error u find what works for your body u know
I hear ya. I've been busting my ass in the gym lately trying to get back into shape & cut down the flab. No clue what my body fat is, but according to the generalized BMI I'm 25-28lbs overweight, which I think is bogus. I feel like I'm only 10lbs over where I want to be. Just need to lose the excess fats around my core.

Trying my damnedest to cut weight before December when my wife & I are going to Mexico. It's been a chore! My weight fluctuates between 220 & 225lbs. I'm 6'3".

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya. I've been busting my ass in the gym lately trying to get back into shape & cut down the flab. No clue what my body fat is, but according to the generalized BMI I'm 25-28lbs overweight, which I think is bogus. I feel like I'm only 10lbs over where I want to be. Just need to lose the excess fats around my core.

Trying my damnedest to cut weight before December when my wife & I are going to Mexico. It's been a chore! My weight fluctuates between 220 & 225lbs. I'm 6'3".
TBH id have to see a pic to see how much muscle your holding, but most ppl have way more fat than meets the eye.....

if you really wnna go at it, track calories, and cut 500 calories out per day........and up your cardio game

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TBH id have to see a pic to see how much muscle your holding, but most ppl have way more fat than meets the eye.....

if you really wnna go at it, track calories, and cut 500 calories out per day........and up your cardio game
My daily calorie goals according to MyFitnessPal app wants me to hit 1920cals per day. They have a max of losing 2lbs per week, and I set my activity level at "light" just so that it restricts my diet further. I've been doing a great job of netting in the surplus every day for the last 3 weeks.

My workouts (3-5x per week) incorportate a little bit of cardio. I warmup with 3 sets of 200 jumping jacks, 30s plank, 30s L-side plank, & 30s R-side planks. That gets my heart rate going & ignites my core a little. Then I'll go out and hit the weights for 2-3 different exercises before I finish with 20mins of inclined elliptical. After that I hit the sauna for 5-8mins. It's a great workout routine & it has been kicking my ass lately. I'm only 3 weeks in, but so far I've been shedding weight pretty well so long as I don't cheat on my diet.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My daily calorie goals according to MyFitnessPal app wants me to hit 1920cals per day. They have a max of losing 2lbs per week, and I set my activity level at "light" just so that it restricts my diet further. I've been doing a great job of netting in the surplus every day for the last 3 weeks.

My workouts (3-5x per week) incorportate a little bit of cardio. I warmup with 3 sets of 200 jumping jacks, 30s plank, 30s L-side plank, & 30s R-side planks. That gets my heart rate going & ignites my core a little. Then I'll go out and hit the weights for 2-3 different exercises before I finish with 20mins of inclined elliptical. After that I hit the sauna for 5-8mins. It's a great workout routine & it has been kicking my ass lately. I'm only 3 weeks in, but so far I've been shedding weight pretty well so long as I don't cheat on my diet.
how much are u losing per week. and how long are you trying to keep that pace up for

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how much are u losing per week. and how long are you trying to keep that pace up for
Haven't weighed myself enough. To be honest I think I started around 230-235, and now I'm down to 220-225 so I know I'm making good progress. I'd love to just cut down the core flab and I'd be happy with that, so I have no target weight. I'm thinking 200-210 would be that area I need to get to.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't weighed myself enough. To be honest I think I started around 230-235, and now I'm down to 220-225 so I know I'm making good progress. I'd love to just cut down the core flab and I'd be happy with that, so I have no target weight. I'm thinking 200-210 would be that area I need to get to.
just keep it up, youll know when to stop

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
balsamic reduction is good on a dried up turd

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just keep it up, youll know when to stop
Kickin ass & takin names! Just wish I had more time on my weekends to get out & do some sort of cardio. I used to do a lot hiking with my dogs, but now with a kid in the mix it makes finding that freetime all the more difficult.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kickin ass & takin names! Just wish I had more time on my weekends to get out & do some sort of cardio. I used to do a lot hiking with my dogs, but now with a kid in the mix it makes finding that freetime all the more difficult.
yeah that would make it tough

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCormick's Montreal Chicken seasoning is what I use. It's really good.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Spices:
  • Garlic salt
  • Paprika
  • Chilli powder
  • Onion powder
  • Turmeric or Cumin
  • Cayenne powder
  • Ginger (ground)

Veggies:
  • Onion
  • Green Bell Pepper
  • Broccoli
  • Sugar Snap Peas
  • Carrots
Others:
  • Cashews

Not just green peppers, but red, yellow, orange, jalapenos, Serrano, etc...(I actually am not a big fan of the bitterness in green peppers anymore)