• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chicago White Sox Ongoing Thread

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, honestly…

Have you ever seen a worst decision by a 3rd base coach, at any level of baseball… in your entire life?

I have not. That was… Unfathomable, if it was on a Little League level. On a Major League level? He should hung outside of the clubhouse. Fired IMMEDIATELY.

Ho… lee… shit… That did not just happen.

1st and 3rd no outs… one run game in the 9th... but nah… let's just wave Alexei around with ball in the CF's glove. Yeah… that works.

I haven't been that angry at a White Sox game in years. Not even because I thought we could make the playoffs, just because… that can't be serious. That could not have just happened. I'm dreaming, clearly.

it was perhaps the worst decision i have ever seen a coach make. the guy is out by what ..... 20/25 feet? the tying freaking run? is this team SO afraid they can't score a guy from 3rd with no outs they will take any chance at all? nothing like putting the exclamation point on the fact this "team" is crap from the top down!

then the idiot doug padilla tries to soften it for fans by saying everyone was to blame for the loss! no doug. the 3rd base coach is responsible for ending the game with a loss.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
game is still underway and it's 3 - 1 royals ... but two of those runs just make me crazy. kc's first run should have been challenged and it wasn't. on replay it looked to me like the tag was made before the runner hit the plate. no damn reason not to challenge it.
then the third run .... single to shallow left runner on second. cabrera has the ball before the runner reaches third ... barely but he did. he doesn't even try to throw home. lobs it to second.

crap play, crap management. nothing changes.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so sox lose 3-2 and in addition to the above garbage they also get men on 2nd and third in the eight with no one out and the 3, 4 & 5 hitters up and can't score a run.

losers.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
game is still underway and it's 3 - 1 royals ... but two of those runs just make me crazy. kc's first run should have been challenged and it wasn't. on replay it looked to me like the tag was made before the runner hit the plate. no damn reason not to challenge it.
then the third run .... single to shallow left runner on second. cabrera has the ball before the runner reaches third ... barely but he did. he doesn't even try to throw home. lobs it to second.

crap play, crap management. nothing changes.
I saw it. If Flowers doesn't make a motion to RV to challenge it, he's prolly not gonna. I didn't see Flowers motion for anything. That pretty much tells me the dude was safe. :noidea:

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw it. If Flowers doesn't make a motion to RV to challenge it, he's prolly not gonna. I didn't see Flowers motion for anything. That pretty much tells me the dude was safe. :noidea:

methinks you give flowers too much credit. besides he was swinging around reaching for the runner .... i don't know that flowers even saw the plate.

all i know is when the opposing team's announcers question the call .... the sox sure as hell should ... even if he was out.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i predict the next sox win streak will begin on august 27th for 6 games ..... after which the sox will lose 10 of their next 12 games.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's 23 ABs, but is this Thompson kid for real?

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even tho i still root for a victory every game .... i find that if i step back and think about it i want them to lose every game the rest of the season. two good things SHOULD come of this. ventura gets fired and the sox get the number one draft pick.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sox need Fullmer, Martinez and Buehrle asap. Get rid of Danks and 1 or 2 below average bullpen dudes. Rodon needs to skip some starts and regain some control and a better second pitch, maybe at Charlotte until he throws strikes and drastically cuts down on walks.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sox need Fullmer, Martinez and Buehrle asap. Get rid of Danks and 1 or 2 below average bullpen dudes. Rodon needs to skip some starts and regain some control and a better second pitch, maybe at Charlotte until he throws strikes and drastically cuts down on walks.
Easy there, Jays fan.

Rodon will be fine. He had a bad game ... that happens.

Danks should be gone after this season and I'll be all the happier for it.