• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chicago White Sox Ongoing Thread

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mere words cannot begin to describe how I feel about this shyt team on this shyt loss tonite when Sale trots out another gem and this f'd up sorry ass, feckless, cumstain, non-run scoring steaming pile cannot score more than a fng run. :rant:

That is fng all! :gaah:

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the season ended today the sox would have the 16th worst offense in mlb history. (according to war) 12 of the teams were pre 1910 when players didnt even have fricken gloves. sad

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JFC!!! :gaah:

Samardzija gem thru the 8th. RV yanks him from facing Machado with a runner on & 2 outs ... leading 2-0.

In comes Putnam .... BOOM! Just like that 2-2.

In-fng-credible ... this team. :facepalm5:

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well well ... thank you Shuck for that pinch hit RBI putting us up again 3-2. Still pissed though. lol

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and eaton just sucks. i'd bench him for 3 or 4 games and play shuck. the so-called 'spark plug' is badly corroded.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whew! garcia jumped up after his catch like a perfect game was just completed and it wasn't even the last out :). not sure i've seen that before. robertson sure owes him for that catch.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whew! garcia jumped up after his catch like a perfect game was just completed and it wasn't even the last out :). not sure i've seen that before. robertson sure owes him for that catch.
WOW ... what a game saving catch! :yes:

Still feel really shitty for Samardzija not getting that win. :(

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW ... what a game saving catch! :yes:

Still feel really shitty for Samardzija not getting that win. :(

He'll get over it when he's pitching for the Tigers/Dodgers/Cubs/Astros/Blue Jays in August

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Samardzija has found his groove in the AL.

Complete game shutout today against MLB's most potent lineup and very impressive last three starts!

Hope I just didn't jinx him. :what:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well… the fact that this team has won 8 of 10 and is almost back to .500 heading back into the break, just confuses me even more now.

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both the White Sox players Adam Dunn and Adam LaRoche were terrible investments by the Pale Hose. LaRoche is earning an incredible amount per year and hitting around .225 with no power and few RBIs. Until the White Sox learn to pick players better this team will continue to occupy the cellar in the AL Central.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both the White Sox players Adam Dunn and Adam LaRoche were terrible investments by the Pale Hose. LaRoche is earning an incredible amount per year and hitting around .225 with no power and few RBIs. Until the White Sox learn to pick players better this team will continue to occupy the cellar in the AL Central.
Ja, thanks for that new found insight that most of us didn't already know. :D

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol… "The White Sox have to learn to pick better players". Oh, gee… really high grade "expert" stuff there!

"Until then, they will continue to occupy the cellar."

Funny… because how things stand now. The White Sox could be out of the cellar tomorrow, and the Jays could easily be in the cellar very soon in the inferior AL East in just a few days after the AS break. Jays have lost 7 of 10, with the Red Sox hot on their tail. While the White Sox have won 9 of 11, and just took care of the Jays 3 of 4 times.

If I were you, I'd take some of that "expert analysis" and apply it to your own team. The Jays pitching is god awful. And due to that fact, coupled with the White Sox 2.19 staff ERA over the past two weeks. I might actually even be willing to say that the White Sox are currently more equipped to make a run than Toronto. As pathetic as that may be.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol… "The White Sox have to learn to pick better players". Oh, gee… really high grade "expert" stuff there!

"Until then, they will continue to occupy the cellar."

Funny… because how things stand now. The White Sox could be out of the cellar tomorrow, and the Jays could easily be in the cellar very soon in the inferior AL East in just a few days after the AS break. Jays have lost 7 of 10, with the Red Sox hot on their tail. While the White Sox have won 9 of 11, and just took care of the Jays 3 of 4 times.

If I were you, I'd take some of that "expert analysis" and apply it to your own team. The Jays pitching is god awful. And due to that fact, coupled with the White Sox 2.19 staff ERA over the past two weeks. I might actually even be willing to say that the White Sox are currently more equipped to make a run than Toronto. As pathetic as that may be.

just get me good hitters. i hate when management feels the need to get a left handed power hitter just because they feel that u r suppose. i can live with a middle of the order filled with righties. most power hitting lefties dont stand a chance against left handed pitching. u cant say the same for righty on righty

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well… kind of needed to win that game to keep any hopes of a pipe dream coming true alive. Thought Gio ended it, but knew once Sanchez grounded out that there was no way Jennings was holding the middle of the KC lineup again. Cain is a monster man. Sheesh…

Also, this may be unpopular to say. However, am I the only one who thinks Abreu's attitude is dog shit? I am not sold on him being this superstar player for the long term, in the least. Has he once shown a sign that he gives a shit? I've never seen him even look like he wants to be on the field. He is constantly bitching about having a "nagging" injury. He dogs his way around the field, I've never once seen him hustle.

The first sign of trouble for me was an interview late last season, where he outright said; "The season is too long. It starts out and you're excited to be out there, but then after a few months you're just tired and want it to be over." I am not shitting you. He was quoted saying that.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, this may be unpopular to say. However, am I the only one who thinks Abreu's attitude is dog shit? I am not sold on him being this superstar player for the long term, in the least. Has he once shown a sign that he gives a shit? I've never seen him even look like he wants to be on the field. He is constantly bitching about having a "nagging" injury. He dogs his way around the field, I've never once seen him hustle.

The first sign of trouble for me was an interview late last season, where he outright said; "The season is too long. It starts out and you're excited to be out there, but then after a few months you're just tired and want it to be over." I am not shitting you. He was quoted saying that.

i hope you're wrong ... but he looks little like the monster we all saw last season. no clue why. i doubt he doesn't care. there's too many quotes where he's indicated just the opposite. but if he does turn into a lumbering guy with only .280/20/85 then he will not have been worth his contract.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hope you're wrong ... but he looks little like the monster we all saw last season. no clue why. i doubt he doesn't care. there's too many quotes where he's indicated just the opposite. but if he does turn into a lumbering guy with only .280/20/85 then he will not have been worth his contract.

Believe me… I hope I am wrong too. I'm probably just in a foul mood about the entire team. For some reason, I've actually been stupid enough to somewhat (emphasis on the word "somewhat") buy into the team's play lately, and was really hoping they could take 3 of 4 from KC. Losing that game today after Shuck tied it in the 9th really took a lot out of me. Been in a shitty mood all evening. Just have to face the obvious fact that this team isn't going to magically put together a run.

I've been known to take it out on the wrong people in the past with the Bears, White Sox, etc... so I wouldn't be shocked if I'm doing it again by somewhat attacking Abreu.

I just don't feel like this team is THAT far away. We have a pitching staff that most contending teams would desire. Is it unthinkable that we could keep the staff together for another year and go try to get a couple of bats? Or can we not afford to go down that road twice? We probably can't…

Sucks man… just plain sucks.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man if they had shown this kind of offense all year as they've been doing the last couple of weeks they'd be a wild card team. This is the production we expected.