• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cherington: Should he go or stay?

Cherington: Need to go?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • One more season

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he signed everyone but does he really have that much say in Boston? Castillo, Ramirez, Procello extension, Panda..

Yes, I say he needs to go!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess no one looks at the Red Sox board anymore, huh?

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess no one looks at the Red Sox board anymore, huh?

I don't think the Red Sox are getting a lot of attention nowadays, mostly because they suck badly.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Red Sox are getting a lot of attention nowadays, mostly because they suck badly.

True but even last year and (when they started to be ok for a stretch this year) no one was on this board

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again... Awesome job with the pitching staff Cherington. Awesome job!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The GM job with the Red Sox has two major drawbacks. John Henry and Larry Lucciano. Cherington has found out why it's so hard to do anything having these two guys always meddling. There's a third quiet drawback....Tom Werner the silent minority owner.

Why fire someone for doing what all of his bosses want him to do. He pulled their asses out of the fire when he made the Dodger deal two years ago and they jumped right back in by signing Panda and Hanley and Porcello and Miley. Cherington is taking all of the flack because the ownership wanted to make a media splash.

Ever see the Patriots sign a guaranteed contract in excess of $90M? Panda=$95M, Hanley=$88M. That's more tht a single year's cap in the NFL.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all started with the Mike Cameron mess. Let's sign an aging player with basically nothing left... Move a rising CF to left field so he can crash into Adrian Beltre and never be the same in Boston... Than let Beltre walk... Granted they thought what's his name was the "future" 3rdbaseman but still.

Yes, Henry and Lucciano need to go as owners they are running this team into the ground.

Henry actually said the other day that it's ownership's fault and he is backing Cherington 100%, but you are right it made it seem like he was saying, "he is our puppet, he does what we tell him to do."

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this terrible de aza trade is any indication then they should've kept Benny. This was a worthless trade with zero benefit for the Sox.

I guess dombrowski owed sabean one?

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this terrible de aza trade is any indication then they should've kept Benny. This was a worthless trade with zero benefit for the Sox.

I guess dombrowski owed sabean one?

Holy lol

De Aza is a replacement level player making about $5M, brah. His performance with the Sox was good, but completely unsustainable. And the fact that they were able to get even a lottery ticket for him is reason to be happy.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy lol

De Aza is a replacement level player making about $5M, brah. His performance with the Sox was good, but completely unsustainable. And the fact that they were able to get even a lottery ticket for him is reason to be happy.

6.21 ERA should fit in very nicely with the red sox :L

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6.21 ERA should fit in very nicely with the red sox :L

who cares. Just be thankful De Aza actually played well in his short stint here, regardless of how unsustainable it was. He wasn't going to fetch us any blue-chip prospects.

Bradley showed considerable improvements at the plate in the 2nd half. Even if Bradley ends up being no better than league average offensively, his defense makes him a good player. Jury's still out on Castillo, though his defense was impressive. I'm glad we got to see them on a daily basis rather than a journeyman OF.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who cares. Just be thankful De Aza actually played well in his short stint here, regardless of how unsustainable it was. He wasn't going to fetch us any blue-chip prospects.

Bradley showed considerable improvements at the plate in the 2nd half. Even if Bradley ends up being no better than league average offensively, his defense makes him a good player. Jury's still out on Castillo, though his defense was impressive. I'm glad we got to see them on a daily basis rather than a journeyman OF.

Oh, I'm not saying I didn't want the trade to happen because I also believe De Aza wasn't going to keep it up. the outfield the Red Sox have now is what I want and there really wasn't any room for De Aza

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What the hell were they ever going to get for De Aza? He's hardly the one that got away.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is gonna be a fascinating off-season.

I think Dombrowski goes all in for Price.

He uses Marrero as the bait to get SD (who is desperate for a SS) to take Panda (he may have to eat Upton's deal as well).

I think maybe they trade Miley to get some bullpen help. Taz needs someone to do the heavy lifting and Layne needs to only be able to face lefties (more or less). He's fantastic in that role. Righties crush him though.

But this pen needs some flame throwers. I'd say 2 more guys who can do 7th or 8th inning duties. Taz had like what, 50 appearances around the 100 game mark.