• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Checking another off the list: Penguins at Oilers

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see an angry Pens team taking out some frustrations Saturday night in Calgary.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see an angry Pens team taking out some frustrations Saturday night in Calgary.

I could see a offensively challenged Flames team suddenly busting out 4 goals...in one game. VERY bad trend starting with the Pens right now. BUT, after this game, they have a big break. One game (Wednesday) in an 8 day period.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets give some credit to the Oilers. They won the SOG battle and I know it's not always a telling stat but they won the game and kudo's to them. Not too many people picked them to win and I lost some vCash on the Pens but give credit where credit is due.
They came back from being down and pulled out the victory.

Last edited by a moderator:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets give some credit to the Oilers. They won the SOG battle and I know it's not always a telling stat but they won the game and kudo's to them. Not too many people picked them to win and I lost some vCash on the Pens but give credit where credit is due.
They came back from being down and pulled out the victory.

Doobster gives credit to the Oil, they were the better team. Just frustrating to see the Pens let the other team's superstars get such wide open looks in the slot on a nightly basis.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to give credit to the Oilers in this one but what I find disappointing was the fact we didn't get to see a rematch of the 2012 beach ball Flyer/Pens series in goal. I was really hoping to see a 10-7 final score.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to give credit to the Oilers in this one but what I find disappointing was the fact we didn't get to see a rematch of the 2012 beach ball Flyer/Pens series in goal. I was really hoping to see a 10-7 final score.

Believe it or not, Bryz has done better for the Oilers than Dubnyk so far.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bylsma's continuing love affair of skating Deryk Engelland in every possible situation cost Pittsburgh last night on the tying goal. Letang sent a pass up the wing to Engo, who attempted to take the pass on his backhand that was right on his tape.

Unfortunately, because.. you know... Engelland is a d-man but Bylsma has him playing wing, Deryk flubbed the pass, the puck was turned over and five seconds later, Zatkoff was fishing the equalizer out of his net.

Get over your love affair Disco! Your stupid effing coaching decisions cost them an easy win against a horrible hockey club. :L

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“If you're going to try and play hockey like the Harlem Globetrotters, you're going to get burned. We continue to make the same mistakes, go for the same highlight reel plays.

“That might look good on the highlight reels every now and then, but it's not a formula for winning.”

- Scuds

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No fear tonight Scuds, you're playing the Washington Generals :L

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see another upset taking place tonight. Flames can't let their provincial rivals be the only team in Alberta to beat the Pens.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“If you're going to try and play hockey like the Harlem Globetrotters, you're going to get burned. We continue to make the same mistakes, go for the same highlight reel plays.

“That might look good on the highlight reels every now and then, but it's not a formula for winning.”

- Scuds

No fear tonight Scuds, you're playing the Washington Generals :L

Scuds is spot on. Their passing last night was embarrassing to watch. Low percentage, high risk passes that were just as likely to be turned over as received. It is good to hear him say this. I hope his teammates heard it, too.

Good luck tonight, Dash. Pens should be disappointed about their performance last evening, so they hopefully play with something to prove. Who is in net for Calgary?

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Penguins played Oiler hockey last night and they lost. Simple as that.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scuds is spot on. Their passing last night was embarrassing to watch. Low percentage, high risk passes that were just as likely to be turned over as received. It is good to hear him say this. I hope his teammates heard it, too.

Good luck tonight, Dash. Pens should be disappointed about their performance last evening, so they hopefully play with something to prove. Who is in net for Calgary?

Sounds like it will be Yogi Berra between the pipes tonight evolver. Pens should look to fatten their stats tonight.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have hope the Pens will fatten their stats tonight but I also have a feeling that the Flames will do the same. Pens' defensive strategy is to cover the perimeter & leave the entire slot area open. Fun times for the opposition.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like it will be Yogi Berra between the pipes tonight evolver. Pens should look to fatten their stats tonight.

Squidy and Hudler have always trolled Fleury and the pens You might be surprised tonight with the outcome.

Shero is on this road trip for what I assume is talent evaluation. Any chance Burke is feeling generous and wants to send Squidy our way?

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

- Scuds

I loved that quote from him now only if Malkin and Letang will actually listen?

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Squidy and Hudler have always trolled Fleury and the pens You might be surprised tonight with the outcome.

Very true, unfortunately I see another high scoring game.

I just hope they scratch Engelland tonight and have a real forward (Sill) play. Oh wait DB won't scratch Engelland and will put him on D and scratch Bortuzzo and Despres.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved that quote from him now only if Malkin and Letang will actually listen?

I thought Geno was fine (except when he kicked Dubnyk's stick away), but Tang's long passes to Engelland & Glass cost us the game, especially the 1 to Engelland.