• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Charleston Southern vs. #3 Florida State 11:30 AM CST

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like @TigersBleaux said above, I absolutely hate playing FCS schools.
Ironically, it's no better for a level down from FCS with D2 schools. Even if D2 schools win, they may be left out in the cold for the playoffs for not having enough wins over D2 teams. If they lose, they're often heavily penalized in the polls.

But since there aren't many D2 teams out there, teams like UNA often have to schedule either FCS or NAIA teams. Used to schedule even Div 1A teams, before the updated rules prohibited it.

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Used to schedule even Div 1A teams, before the updated rules prohibited it.

Never knew that it was even allowed. That's somethin. Great chance for those D2 boys to get some looks from scouts though

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like @TigersBleaux said above, I absolutely hate playing FCS schools. There's nothing to gain out of it except some crazy stats. If you lose, you look stupid. If you win, you were supposed to. And with FIU, FAU, UCF, USF all in state and G5 schools you can pick 1 every year and play them, UF, a good P5 school and then a lower end P5 school every year and make a good schedule out of that

I hate playing FCS opponents as well. Hard to get pumped up for this UGA-Nicholls State game, and last year when UGA played Southern, I think it showed how dangerous the matchups can be.

A 145 pound WR, Devon Gale for Southern was paralyzed when blocking on a kick return. 145 pounds going against gigantic monsters that play for the big time programs is asking for trouble. The paralyzing blow game when he ran into our kicker, Brandon Marshall who is 6'3" and weighs 200 pounds.

When the kicker has nearly 60 pounds on guys blocking for a kick return, it ain't right.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never knew that it was even allowed. That's somethin. Great chance for those D2 boys to get some looks from scouts though
Yeah, UNA actually scored a multi-OT victory over one of them (LA-Lafyette I believe), back before the new rules put a clamp on such games.

Ha! Beat me to it. :D

jwolt92

Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate playing FCS opponents as well. Hard to get pumped up for this UGA-Nicholls State game, and last year when UGA played Southern, I think it showed how dangerous the matchups can be.

A 145 pound WR, Devon Gale for Southern was paralyzed when blocking on a kick return. 145 pounds going against gigantic monsters that play for the big time programs is asking for trouble. The paralyzing blow game when he ran into our kicker, Brandon Marshall who is 6'3" and weighs 200 pounds.

When the kicker has nearly 60 pounds on guys blocking for a kick return, it ain't right.

Something needs to be done, and soon. The only reason these FCS programs take these games are for the money. NDSU, EWU, and Jacksonville State are the only ones really holding their own in games against FBS schools now

jwolt92

Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite the fact that this will probably be a shit show, FSU needs to clean up the penalties. 2 already in 3 minutes

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something needs to be done, and soon. The only reason these FCS programs take these games are for the money. NDSU, EWU, and Jacksonville State are the only ones really holding their own in games against FBS schools now

Don't forget about McNeese State, I think they will beat the Ragin Cajuns today

TigersBleaux

Self-Deprecating
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,999.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like @TigersBleaux said above, I absolutely hate playing FCS schools. There's nothing to gain out of it except some crazy stats. If you lose, you look stupid. If you win, you were supposed to. And with FIU, FAU, UCF, USF all in state and G5 schools you can pick 1 every year and play them, UF, a good P5 school and then a lower end P5 school every year and make a good schedule out of that

Notes on the game thus far. Dalvin needs to hold onto the F***ING BALL.

TigersBleaux

Self-Deprecating
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,999.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, looks nothing like the player he was last year. Shows a few glimpses but needs to use this game to get going

The whole stretching the ball across the goal line thing is getting old fast. Just tuck it n down at the 1.

TigersBleaux

Self-Deprecating
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,999.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad that they are getting this game a week before the Lousivvile game too. I always dislike starting a season against a good opponent like Mississippi last week because too many things can go wrong and players need a preseason game of sorts to work out the kinks. thankfully they survived last week, so now they can really work things out before they play likely the second toughest game of the schedule next week.

jwolt92

Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad that they are getting this game a week before the Lousivvile game too. I always dislike starting a season against a good opponent like Mississippi last week because too many things can go wrong and players need a preseason game of sorts to work out the kinks. thankfully they survived last week, so now they can really work things out before they play likely the second toughest game of the schedule next week.

I think if you flip flop week 1 and week 2, using the same schedule, we've got even more epic games. Maybe USC hangs with Bama a little more or OU takes it to Houston. But that first week will always be bigger than the second for TV ratings so it'll always stay that way

TigersBleaux

Self-Deprecating
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,999.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few things i would like to see from this game. First, more Dalvin. Get him established and get him some confidence, maybe even a 25+ yard run. Second is i want Francois to turn the ball over. Sounds odd, but he needs to get the first one out of the way, and i want to see how he rebounds.