• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chants of "fire wilson"

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'll give them until the end of the summer to pass final judgment. Keeping dougie is not so bad as long as this summer is a smart one. However, if the team is basically the same as it was at the end of the year, I'll be devastated. If the big two are still here, I will be crushed. However, I wonder if a big move is not coming. Yes, the tone of the letter is one of "stick to the plan" which implies little major change, but at the same time, who knows? I didnt love the line "the older players are still committed" since that clearly implies they are staying, but we'll see...

I believe Plattner has already said that Thornton isn't going anywhere. It was part of the statement he made right after the Wilson/Thornton incident. If Babcock comes to the Sharks you can be assured Marleau won't go anywhere either as Marleau is one of Babcock's favorite players. He was Babcock's top choices for the Canadian Team in the last Olympics.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I believe Plattner has already said that Thornton isn't going anywhere. It was part of the statement he made right after the Wilson/Thornton incident. If Babcock comes to the Sharks you can be assured Marleau won't go anywhere either as Marleau is one of Babcock's favorite players. He was Babcock's top choices for the Canadian Team in the last Olympics.
What does Babcock know anyway

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What does Babcock know anyway

Lol. If there is one coach out there that could get Marleau to play to his full potential on a much more consistent basis it would be Babcock. I think you guys are right in thinking Toronto is the favorite to get him but this Sharks team with just a couple additions and Babcock behind the bench could be really, really good next year.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lol. If there is one coach out there that could get Marleau to play to his full potential on a much more consistent basis it would be Babcock. I think you guys are right in thinking Toronto is the favorite to get him but this Sharks team with just a couple additions and Babcock behind the bench could be really, really good next year.
Agreed! However it looks like sharks are talking to Carlyle

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Agreed! However it looks like sharks are talking to Carlyle

I expect they will talk to a lot of people. They will need a 2nd option if they are unable to sign Babcock.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can coach, can I get a interview? :laugh3:

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Detroit needs to get knocked out of the playoffs quick so he has less bargaining power. That Tampa Bay comeback really helped other teams seeking his services.

I see Chiarelli took the Edmonton GM job. Nice place to start with Connor McDavid in your lap.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wish I could experience what it's like to be an Nhl exec during the July UFA frenzy and at the trade deadline. We all do our couch GMing but it would be interesting to see all the things that go into a trade. Like what's always black and white to us isn't so to a GM

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
More I think about it and from what I've been reading I think Babcock ends up in San Jose, they have the right blend of youth and veterans. I think he can get the most out of the guys like couture,hertl, nieto, and mueller

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a long shot, but just maybe it may happen........maybe ......

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's a long shot, but just maybe it may happen........maybe ......

Have none of you guys read the latest presser from Hasso? - Blaming the FANS... lol NO ONE with any name value - player or coach will sign here.... Doug is also here to stay - and here to stay for awhile at that. Hasso & Wilson are a bigger public display of embarassment than a World Star video. Babcock wont step foot here for an interview after the shit Hasso just released to the medi..

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Have none of you guys read the latest presser from Hasso? - Blaming the FANS... lol NO ONE with any name value - player or coach will sign here.... Doug is also here to stay - and here to stay for awhile at that. Hasso & Wilson are a bigger public display of embarassment than a World Star video. Babcock wont step foot here for an interview after the shit Hasso just released to the medi..
Where did he blame the fans? I personally like his business logical approach to the situation, I'd hate to see this become maple leafs west where a bunch of nhl15 armchair gms are running the show and trade off valuable young assesets for the current hot commodity

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Where did he blame the fans? I personally like his business logical approach to the situation, I'd hate to see this become maple leafs west where a bunch of nhl15 armchair gms are running the show and trade off valuable young assesets for the current hot commodity

Hasso blamed the fans and media for labeling him an "Absentee Owner". He blamed the on ice failures 100% on the players which will hopefully make this an interesting off season.

Wilson spoke at the STH event about stepping away from the GM spot. I believe he mentioned it a second time in an interview with Pollak. One of the reasons Babcock is looking to move on from Detroit is because he wants more control of the roster. The Sharks may be the only team in a position to offer Babcock a Head Coach/GM position and that gives them a chance at landing him.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hasso blamed the fans and media for labeling him an "Absentee Owner". He blamed the on ice failures 100% on the players which will hopefully make this an interesting off season.

From the article I read he basically - in his own words - called the fans assholes for demanding Wilson be fired. And called them out for not keeping the sellout streak going, saying basically they abandoned the team. It was a very dick move article and I dont recall ever reading an article similiar to that by any GM ever

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From the article I read he basically - in his own words - called the fans assholes for demanding Wilson be fired. And called them out for not keeping the sellout streak going, saying basically they abandoned the team. It was a very dick move article and I dont recall ever reading an article similiar to that by any GM ever

I don't know what article you read but Hasso's quote about the fans wanting Wilson fired was:

He believes some fans are overreacting.

That is all he said regarding the fans and Wilson. Again, I don't know what article you read but this is a direct quote from the video of his press conference and I'd hardly view that as calling the fans dicks.

He said absolutely nothing about attendance or the sell out streak ending. Here is his quote on the team finances:

Cost in general is an issue. We had a very, very bad year in the year of the lockout. There is a limit for losses. This is still a business. This is not a hobby. When it turns into a hobby, that's not good. I think that is not good because it has tax implications, severe tax implications. So we have to have a healthy enterprise here.

To me the only real meaningful quote out of his whole presser was:

Doug was not on the ice when we didn’t make it.