• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chants of "fire wilson"

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I guess those were the chants last night and I'd say it's probably time however there's no good replacements out there should be interesting off season

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess those were the chants last night and I'd say it's probably time however there's no good replacements out there should be interesting off season
Sometimes you just need to take out the garbage. Even you don't have a replacement bag.

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From PUCK DADDY (re coaches who may be fired):

Todd McLellan, San Jose Sharks

McLellan is under contract for another year. If he decided to leave the Sharks, it would cost that new team a third-round pick. Granted, it would be worth a third to hire one of the best coaches in the NHL, and one assumes this was the last ride for McLellan and the Sharks, who missed the playoffs for the first time since 2003.

Unless they do the smart thing, which is to fire GM Doug Wilson and hang onto McLellan. But they’ll undoubtably do the dumb thing, which is the opposite.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I dunno I think wilson hung himself with that Thornton debacle

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to see Wilson gone, I don't understand how it's Noon of the day after the Sharks ridiculously epic collapse and Wilson is still named the GM. No more... get the fuck out the door! :hellno::mad2:

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson needs to go. This season is completely unacceptable and wholesale changes to personnel need to be made. I'm not savvy enough to the inner workings of the NHL to know who the ideal replacement would be but Wilson clearly is a detriment to the franchise. I'd like to see this team invest in the future and build around Pavelski, Couture and Burns aka "the guys who try".

TMac needs to stay.

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given Duh(g) brings nothing to the table at this point, his firing now would send a positive message to the fans & possibly the coaches. Let TMAC finish out the year & let a new GM figure it out. I think we've all been saying it, gone in this order:

1. Wilson
2A. Nemo
2B. Marleau
3. Thornton (unless he is able to restructure. not sure about the CBA)

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Remember, Doug was a rookie GM when we first hired him -- Im not sure what his credintials were before that... I know he wasnt a coach... As far as I remember he was just a retired stud Dman who was our first captain and he got the job... So unless im missing something, if their is nothing else available than he can always be replaced by another ex-player if nothing else is available... Owen Nolan for GM hahah

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember, Doug was a rookie GM when we first hired him -- Im not sure what his credintials were before that... I know he wasnt a coach... As far as I remember he was just a retired stud Dman who was our first captain and he got the job... So unless im missing something, if their is nothing else available than he can always be replaced by another ex-player if nothing else is available... Owen Nolan for GM hahah
Ricci? Hedican? Remenda?

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He was groomed for over a decade to become GM he was head of scouting amongst other things before becoming GM

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was groomed for over a decade to become GM he was head of scouting amongst other things before becoming GM

Did he scout the likes of Viktor Kozlov, Jan Caloun, Jeff Jillson and a few other stiffs the Sharks took in those years post Wilson retirement and pre-GM? Just wondering.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed in the post game article by Kurz after the Dallas game it seemed Pavs and Couture were the most irritated and willing to talk candidly. I didn't hear a peep out of frick and frack though.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson needs to go. This season is completely unacceptable and wholesale changes to personnel need to be made. I'm not savvy enough to the inner workings of the NHL to know who the ideal replacement would be but Wilson clearly is a detriment to the franchise. I'd like to see this team invest in the future and build around Pavelski, Couture and Burns aka "the guys who try".

TMac needs to stay.

TMac can stay as long as Doogie Howser Baby Jay Woodcroft is shown the door.

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can play armchair GM for fun and to vent and to reasonable discuss differences of opinion therein but what isn't in debate is the current state of the SJ Sharks is which completely unacceptable and requires major restructuring. The job of finding a new GM falls on the shoulders of someone who hopefully has more knowledge and experience than we do.

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ricci? Hedican? Remenda?

I dont expect Drew is going to be back anytime soon. He already has a job with the Edmonton Oilers broadcast staff.

Drew's firing was really a telling moment for the Sharks where he was one of the only guys telling people the sorry state of the Sharks as a franchise and instead of listening to what an experienced and knowledgeable hockey personality had so say, they ran him out of town.

Part of me thinks the Sharks deserve to suck at this point though the fans certainly deserve better.
No joke tho... the Sharks management is killing bay area hockey.

Frankly I expect the Sharks to do what they did last offseason, which is nothing, and if they do make the changes so many fans are demanding, I will be pleasantly surprised because they're pretty much becoming the GS Warriors circa 2000.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can play armchair GM for fun and to vent and to reasonable discuss differences of opinion therein but what isn't in debate is the current state of the SJ Sharks is which completely unacceptable and requires major restructuring. The job of finding a new GM falls on the shoulders of someone who hopefully has more knowledge and experience than we do.

Yeah, Hasso Plattner. :L Would much rather have Greg Jamison back.

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Hasso Plattner. :L Would much rather have Greg Jamison back.

That's just the guy who signs the checks which is all I expect from an owner. If he's a smart businessman, he knows to delegate responsibility to people most capable of doing any given job within his organization.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont expect Drew is going to be back anytime soon. He already has a job with the Edmonton Oilers broadcast staff.

Drew's firing was really a telling moment for the Sharks where he was one of the only guys telling people the sorry state of the Sharks as a franchise and instead of listening to what an experienced and knowledgeable hockey personality had so say, they ran him out of town.

Part of me thinks the Sharks deserve to suck at this point though the fans certainly deserve better.
No joke tho... the Sharks management is killing bay area hockey.

Frankly I expect the Sharks to do what they did last offseason, which is nothing, and if they do make the changes so many fans are demanding, I will be pleasantly surprised because they're pretty much becoming the GS Warriors circa 2000.

Blame that on John Tortora, along with the idiotic on-ice gimmicks.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just the guy who signs the checks which is all I expect from an owner. If he's a smart businessman, he knows to delegate responsibility to people most capable of doing any given job within his organization.

He cares much more about SAP, the Sharks are just a side note.