• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

............CFP: Peach or Chik-Fil-A ???

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What will be the name of that bowl after this year in the new CFP?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 0.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, never have cottoned to the "Chik-Fil-A bowl," I've still called it "Peach" myself.

The thing is, these bowl sponsors? That shit works. I STILL can not hear the Sugar Bowl said out loud without thinking of "USF&G," which sponsored it for years...I don't even know if USF&G still exists as a company.

I still think of Toyota when I hear Gator Bowl, FedEx when I hear Orange, Tostitos with Fiesta, Mobil Oil Cotton, and so on. I remember the Rose making such a big deal out of not having a sponsor's name in the game for years, but they finally sold out, too.

I've never watched one minute of a single Pinstripe Bowl played at Yankee Stadium, but I know that New Era Caps sponsors it.

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peach

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank God its back to the Peach!

Now if we can get the Capital One back to the Citrus.

I dont know why they cant just do the whole "Peach Bowl presented by ChikfilA" or Capital One Citrus Bowl like many big bowl games do.

I know they cant pass on the sponsorship money, but taking out an iconic name like Peach and Citrus from those bowls was just un Murrican

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A new Bowl game has been thrown around as a potential placing a PAC team vs I am not sure who called the CHristmas Bowl played on Christmas Day.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, never have cottoned to the "Chik-Fil-A bowl," I've still called it "Peach" myself.

The thing is, these bowl sponsors? That shit works. I STILL can not hear the Sugar Bowl said out loud without thinking of "USF&G," which sponsored it for years...I don't even know if USF&G still exists as a company.

I still think of Toyota when I hear Gator Bowl, FedEx when I hear Orange, Tostitos with Fiesta, Mobil Oil Cotton, and so on. I remember the Rose making such a big deal out of not having a sponsor's name in the game for years, but they finally sold out, too.

I've never watched one minute of a single Pinstripe Bowl played at Yankee Stadium, but I know that New Era Caps sponsors it

Missed a good one last season. Syracuse beat West VA in the snow. Very entertaining bowl game.

I remember watching Geno in the snow struggle mightily and thinking to myself, this guy is going to struggle in the NFL when he plays in freezing conditions. Better hope he doesnt get drafted by a NE team. Low and behold he goes to the Jets.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Meineke Car Care Bowl of Texas is now just called the Texas Bowl.

It's now sponsored by Advocare, Cavenders, Wrangler, and Exxon-Mobile.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 0.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed a good one last season. Syracuse beat West VA in the snow. Very entertaining bowl game.

I remember watching Geno in the snow struggle mightily and thinking to myself, this guy is going to struggle in the NFL when he plays in freezing conditions. Better hope he doesnt get drafted by a NE team. Low and behold he goes to the Jets.

I'm thinking of taking my son to see this year's game, except...

If Notre Dame wins, he could turn out to be a Domer for life.

The alternative: he could turn out to be a Rutgers fan! Plus, it's cold out there.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking of taking my son to see this year's game, except...

If Notre Dame wins, he could turn out to be a Domer for life.

The alternative: he could turn out to be a Rutgers fan! Plus, it's cold out there.

Notre Dame is one of the best locks on this years bowl slate imo.

But getting ND and Rutgers to play at Yankee Stadium is perfect.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 0.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame is one of the best locks on this years bowl slate imo.

But getting ND and Rutgers to play at Yankee Stadium is perfect.

Absolutely.

Lots of old Natives up here are ND fans because they saw them play Army in the old Yankee Stadium years ago. Oh, plus they're Catholic!

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely.

Lots of old Natives up here are ND fans because they saw them play Army in the old Yankee Stadium years ago. Oh, plus they're Catholic!

Will watch.... But who am I kidding, I watch em all.

This one I looked forward to last year and am again this year.

Jonvi went to watch Syracuse win last year. He had a blast. Cold as a MFer he said. Think he had some spirits to keep him warm.:suds:

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats right. I remember that. Also the Copper Bowl in Arizona.

I didnt even know the bluebonnet is a Texas flower.

When the bluebonnets are in bloom in the hill country of Texas is something to see. Reminds me of the Indian paintbrush in bloom here in SW Kansas in the river valleys, only more prevalent in coverage.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the bluebonnets are in bloom in the hill country of Texas is something to see. Reminds me of the Indian paintbrush in bloom here in SW Kansas in the river valleys, only more prevalent in coverage.

Yeah when I found out what they were I searched and found some fantastic photos of them.

I would love to see them in person while in bloom someday.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Officially, it is going to be the "ChikFil-A Peach Bowl." But everybody will call it the Peach Bowl.

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chick Fil A should serve Peach milk shakes...

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I resisted the change from Peach to Chick-Fl-A, but now I always call it the Chick-Fil-A bowl.

I think of Nokia when I think of the Sugar Bowl.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've never watched one minute of a single Pinstripe Bowl played at Yankee Stadium, but I know that New Era Caps sponsors it.

Usf&g, no shit, lol. Im with ya on fed ex and tostitos too :lol: