• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Celtics Rebuild- Phase 2

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think Lakers fans ever had experienced a bad management and ownership situation before. Thats the issue there. The Celtics went through that when the owner handed the reigns to the kids too, and it did not get solved until they sold it off to groups better able to manage the modern NBA.

Yeah, it was a combination of factors that caused the Lakers situation. The first was the vetoed CP3 trade. Folks have their opinions on whether or not Stern overstepped, but that's a different discussion. Regardless of who one sides with, it was the first blow.

Then, we had the Dwight/Nash trade which likely never happens (at least not the Nash part) if the CP3 trade isn't vetoed.

Then, Dr. Buss died. That threw the organization into something of a tailspin (one of the drawbacks of a family business I suppose) as folks mourned his passing.

Then, we have the fact that Jim Buss is a moron and Mitch was sticking to old rules that no one really follows anymore or has found workarounds. I was solidly in the "Fire Jim, Keep Mitch camp" until I read where a former FA (I forget who) that the Lakers targeted, said that Mitch was the only GM who actually waited for the midnight start of FA to contact them. By then, it's too late and most deals are already struck or close to it. That made it apparent that Mitch needed to go. Too bad, because from all reports, he's a solid guy and good person.

Now we have Jeanie in charge of the organization (which is what Lakers fans have wanted since Dr. Buss passed) and I have no complaints about what Magic and Pelinka have done so far. It looks like the Lakers are finally moving in the right direction. Hopefully, the light at the end of the tunnel isn't a train. lol

ChrisWebber

Changed my password to "incorrect"
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it was a combination of factors that caused the Lakers situation. The first was the vetoed CP3 trade. Folks have their opinions on whether or not Stern overstepped, but that's a different discussion. Regardless of who one sides with, it was the first blow.

Then, we had the Dwight/Nash trade which likely never happens (at least not the Nash part) if the CP3 trade isn't vetoed.

Then, Dr. Buss died. That threw the organization into something of a tailspin (one of the drawbacks of a family business I suppose) as folks mourned his passing.

Then, we have the fact that Jim Buss is a moron and Mitch was sticking to old rules that no one really follows anymore or has found workarounds. I was solidly in the "Fire Jim, Keep Mitch camp" until I read where a former FA (I forget who) that the Lakers targeted, said that Mitch was the only GM who actually waited for the midnight start of FA to contact them. By then, it's too late and most deals are already struck or close to it. That made it apparent that Mitch needed to go. Too bad, because from all reports, he's a solid guy and good person.

Now we have Jeanie in charge of the organization (which is what Lakers fans have wanted since Dr. Buss passed) and I have no complaints about what Magic and Pelinka have done so far. It looks like the Lakers are finally moving in the right direction. Hopefully, the light at the end of the tunnel isn't a train. lol

I hope that light is quite a bit further in the tunnel.