• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Celtics Off-Season - the Quest for AD

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a New Orleans sports guy, for what it's worth...

Hmm interesting. I mean I agree Tatum, right now, is the best ceiling guy or best young player offered in any trade but #14 and Smart? That doesn't seem like a ton of return...he did say "#14 pick AT LEAST". I'm sure a future pick or so would be included.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a New Orleans sports guy, for what it's worth...

Question: If the C's were to get AD what are the expectations in your opinion?

I mean if they sign Rozier you are looking at. Rozier, Brown, Hayward, AD and Horford. Pending other moves. Is that even to even get out of the East?

Last edited:

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question: If the C's were to get AD what are the expectations in your opinion?

I mean if they sign Rozier you are looking at. Rozier, Hayward, AD and Horford. Pending other moves. Is that even to even get out of the East?
I think option A#1 for Danny Ainge would be securing both AD and Kyrie. That's everything working out. In that case, you have a MONSTER roster for next season and it's championship or bust.

Of course, the C's have most control over their ability to secure AD.

So option #2 would likely involve something where Kyrie is gone no matter what. In that case, AD very well could still be on the table... but not necessarily Rozier. How about a trade for Mike Conley? And, of course, still bringing back Horford... in that case a fab five of Conley/Brown/Hayward/AD/Horford. Which is pretty damn good, too... a serious title contender as well.

Personally, I'm done with Rozier. He can go to some other team and suck a lemon.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think option A#1 for Danny Ainge would be securing both AD and Kyrie. That's everything working out. In that case, you have a MONSTER roster for next season and it's championship or bust.

Of course, the C's have most control over their ability to secure AD.

So option #2 would likely involve something where Kyrie is gone no matter what. In that case, AD very well could still be on the table... but not necessarily Rozier. How about a trade for Mike Conley? And, of course, still bringing back Horford... in that case a fab five of Conley/Brown/Hayward/AD/Horford. Which is pretty damn good, too... a serious title contender as well.

Personally, I'm done with Rozier. He can go to some other team and suck a lemon.

Yeah I think they would make a move to get Conley. I love Conley, making a move like that would make them A LOT better. I guess they would give picks to the Grizzlies for Conley.

I think Kyrie is all but gone and if you were to land Conley, Rozier can take a hike as well.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... at this point... I hope at the very least, it's crystal clear on why I thought the C's should be all-in on obtaining Anthony Davis.

Because it was an either/or scenario.

Either the Celtics get AD and continue on as a title contender...

... or they go backwards.

I didn't see any middle ground, and it doesn't look like there is going to be a middle option.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... at this point... I hope at the very least, it's crystal clear on why I thought the C's should be all-in on obtaining Anthony Davis.

Because it was an either/or scenario.

Either the Celtics get AD and continue on as a title contender...

... or they go backwards.

I didn't see any middle ground, and it doesn't look like there is going to be a middle option.

I don't think they move up for a PG.

no point now. Take the best players and build for 2024.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GMan keep the faith. Bump in the road

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ainge made all those great moves but when push comes to shove he had opportunties to make big trades to get big stars possibly. Wouldnt give up Brown or Tatum

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GMan keep the faith. Bump in the road
Pretty big bump.

After years of forward momentum... this is a total blow up of any near term title hopes.

I'm not quite sure where Hayward fits in. We're not competing for a title any time in the foreseeable future.

So... we're left to hope on the development of Tatum... hope on the value of the Memphis pick. Brown is a decent starter, Smart has some grit... and...

:faint:

Yeah.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty big bump.

After years of forward momentum... this is a total blow up of any near term title hopes.

I'm not quite sure where Hayward fits in. We're not competing for a title any time in the foreseeable future.

So... we're left to hope on the development of Tatum... hope on the value of the Memphis pick. Brown is a decent starter, Smart has some grit... and...

Yeah.

Plan for Hayward has to be to rebuild his value and deal him

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty big bump.

Yeah.

Best Hope is two ways

1) dump bear and or baynes and go for kemba

2) get DeAngelo Russell with all this cap space and pray he continues to grow

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The title meant "after death"

As in the death of the Kyrie Celtics

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty big bump.

Yeah.

You made the deal with Nets and got all those assets. Years later, you use a good chunk of those assets to trade for Kyrie Irving. Irving destroys the team and then signs with the Nets. The basketball gods have a cruel sense of humor.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You made the deal with Nets and got all those assets. Years later, you use a good chunk of those assets to trade for Kyrie Irving. Irving destroys the team and then signs with the Nets. The basketball gods have a cruel sense of humor.
Nah... the Kyrie trade didn't nullify that Nets bonanza... not by itself. The deal for Kyrie involved:
  • IT
  • Jae Crowder
  • Ante Zizic
  • Nets 2018 1st (Sexton)
The Nets package from way back when was much bigger than that. It led directly to Jaylen Brown plus Jayson Tatum.

But otherwise... yeah, you got a point.

I take solace in the fact that Kyrie is pretty likely to destroy whatever he touches going forward.

Last edited:

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah... the Kyrie trade didn't nullify that Nets bonanza... not by itself. The deal for Kyrie involved:
  • IT
  • Jae Crowder
  • Ante Zizic
  • Nets 2018 1st (Sexton)
The Nets package from way back when was much bigger than that. It led directly to Jaylen Brown plus Jayson Tatum.

But otherwise... yeah, you got a point.

I take solace in the fact that Kyrie is pretty likely to destroy whatever he touches going forward.

Never should’ve given up nets 2018 in that deal.

Bear and the clippers pick sure. Never the nets.