• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Celtics 2018 theme: Rise of Jaylen Brown and Jason Tatum

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The C's are the envy of just about every other team in the league when it comes to youthful talent.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think what you said is possible, but outside of Kyrie, its a bunch of unproven young talent, and I think there are teams in the East that can say the same, like Philly, Milwaukee, Charolotte maybe

I still think the Celtics have a decent shot at the #2 seed, the conference is really bad........But Hayward IMO gave them legit Finals aspirations that are now gone.......I dont believe for a second he makes it back this season, and even if he did, Im not sure what kind of player they are gonna get back......

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The C's are the envy of just about every other team in the league when it comes to youthful talent.

Not sure Gman. We are almost too young...Philly ish but we do have two bonafide stars, one hurt, one still talking to a realtor

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont believe for a second he makes it back this season, and even if he did, Im not sure what kind of player they are gonna get back......

To you point dirt I see him only making it back as a 6th man this year. And maybe thats fine I dont know. I cannot see him getting starter minutes even when he gets back

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what you said is possible, but outside of Kyrie, its a bunch of unproven young talent, and I think there are teams in the East that can say the same, like Philly, Milwaukee, Charolotte maybe.
Fair enough.

Damn if Brown and Tatum didn't look good last night... but I can't argue with you that these guys still have to prove a lot more.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To you point dirt I see him only making it back as a 6th man this year. And maybe thats fine I dont know. I cannot see him getting starter minutes even when he gets back

Yeah, I dont claim to know much about the recovery, but Id have to think its a long grueling one

Too bad, I was always a huge fan of that guy since the day he came oh so close to making Duke Fans cry forever

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what you said is possible, but outside of Kyrie, its a bunch of unproven young talent, and I think there are teams in the East that can say the same, like Philly, Milwaukee, Charolotte maybe

I still think the Celtics have a decent shot at the #2 seed, the conference is really bad........But Hayward IMO gave them legit Finals aspirations that are now gone.......I dont believe for a second he makes it back this season, and even if he did, Im not sure what kind of player they are gonna get back......

i don't think you can even count kyrie in that comment.

I'll take Milwaukee (even with an overrated Parker) or Minny (Townes) or NO (Brow). You can start around any of those guys.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

brown is going to be a star in this league, i keep telling you

and tatum is going to be fultz's superior

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tatum had a rough 1st half and a couple of embarrassing welcome-to-the-nba moments.

Which made the 2nd half he had all the more impressive. He looks legit.

With Hayward out, I think Jaylen Brown becomes a serious contender for Most Improved Player this season.

And TAtum becomes a legit ROY contender. I thought his competition for minutes and touches was too much before the injury.

Brown looked awesome last night.

If Hayward can eventually come all the way back from this, it could be a long term blessing for the C's. Brown and Tatum get asked to do more and will hopefully develop quicker as a result. They were not winning a ring this year anyway, so the silver lining of additional reps for Brown and Tatum could be really positive.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
brown is going to be a star in this league, i keep telling you

and tatum is going to be fultz's superior

I am more inclined to agree every time I see those 2 play.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.....Well now that you say it
ive said it about brown since they drafted him. project offensively but his athleticism is through the roof. just needed some room to grow. he got minutes last year, but danny/stevens made him defer. now hes taking the shots.

tatum...i didnt like it, i was a fultz guy...until i saw them both play.

tatum is a double double machine waiting to happen.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ive said it about brown since they drafted him. project offensively but his athleticism is through the roof. just needed some room to grow. he got minutes last year, but danny/stevens made him defer. now hes taking the shots.

tatum...i didnt like it, i was a fultz guy...until i saw them both play.

tatum is a double double machine waiting to happen.

alcs.jpg

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the team, I like tatum as a modern 4. I think it also limits his limitations moving laterally.

Using that injury exception to get a guy like Ennis from memphis would be interesting to me.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look who's singing a different tune after opening night! :nod:

I always said I preferred Tatum as a 4.

I don't think he moves well enough laterally to be a 3 (he's got ups, but not horizontal explosiveness).

to me getting an Ennis works here.

The fun idea would be Aaron Gordon, his defensive versatility would work here and he is technically in the last year of his deal.