• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Celtics 2018 theme: Rise of Jaylen Brown and Jason Tatum

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a way to start a season. Watching Gordon roll off Crowders back and on to that floor you knew it was going to be an ugly fall. It could have been worse, much worse. The break appears clean, hopefully no ligament/blood vessel damage.

With adversity comes stardom. And our eyes did not deceive us with the Jaylen/Jason infancy. Tatum will get almost starter level minutes, and his double double will become common place. Jaylen is going to be a man child in the league. Brad will need to use 2017 and 2018 to bring them to another level. I suspect Rozier and Smart will develop well too.

So by March we will see the dude back. There will be alot of motivation by the Celtics to meet the Cavs in the playoffs.

I am very sad for Gordon, but something tells me this set back will have a good outcome. Lets enjoy the new young studs of the green this year

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is how to use that 8.4m

and now no question the cavs win the deal.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tatum had a rough 1st half and a couple of embarrassing welcome-to-the-nba moments.

Which made the 2nd half he had all the more impressive. He looks legit.

With Hayward out, I think Jaylen Brown becomes a serious contender for Most Improved Player this season.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sell high.

Get cousins

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but something tells me this set back will have a good outcome.

It truly could. I hate to call something like this a "blessing in disguise," but if the young guys use this as an opportunity to develop more quickly, the Celtics could be in a real good place by the time Hayward returns.

Fish

Hoopla Cash
$ 630.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does this even mean?

Celtics get a disabled players exception for 8.4m that they can use to replace GH.

Fish

Hoopla Cash
$ 630.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtics get a disabled players exception for 8.4m that they can use to replace GH.
Thanks, and how does Hayward getting hurt have any bearing on who won the cavs-Celtics deal?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, and how does Hayward getting hurt have any bearing on who won the cavs-Celtics deal?

Celts only make the deal if they landed GH.

They landed GH to take down the Cavs.

That ain't happening.

Cavs get to walk into the finals and get the premium pick (which never should've been offered anyway).

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It doesn't really except that it was Crowder that undercut him. So I guess Cavs fans are counting Crowder as their new court thug.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It truly could. I hate to call something like this a "blessing in disguise," but if the young guys use this as an opportunity to develop more quickly, the Celtics could be in a real good place by the time Hayward returns.

Optimism is key but thats how I am going to look at this. By playoffs we will have Hayward but in the interim, it accelerates tatum in particular. They seem high on this kid Semi O but I dont see it. I would give the minutes to Yabusule. Tatum can shoot and defend, but can his body last the year?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't really except that it was Crowder that undercut him. So I guess Cavs fans are counting Crowder as their new court thug.
The bitter is strong...

You say that like you think it was intentional.

It was a fluke, freak accident.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say after one game how they will be but I feel for Gordon.

Imo I don't see them as a top team anymore. I actually had them as a 5 seed with Hayward but I still see them as a 5-7 seed or around there. I think Miami, Milwaukee are the 4th anc 5th seeds and Boston probably will grab the 6th unless certain teams emerge

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually had them as a 5 seed with Hayward ...
Obviously, we'll never know now... but that's just too low in the East.

This team with Kyrie at the helm, Horford pacing things down low, and an army of versatile/interchangeable wing players at their disposal would have done damage in the East. They could've used Hayward, Brown, Smart, Morris and Tatum in waves all game long... just wearing the opponent out.

It's not only the offense... with that length and athleticism the C's were pesky as heck on defense last night, forcing turnovers.

Now?... yeah, they're probably a mid to low seed. I don't see them falling out... but a lot of the excitement for the season has evaporated.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, we'll never know now... but that's just too low in the East.

This team with Kyrie at the helm, Horford pacing things down low, and an army of versatile/interchangeable wing players at their disposal would have done damage in the East. They could've used Hayward, Brown, Smart, Morris and Tatum in waves all game long... just wearing the opponent out.

It's not only the offense... with that length and athleticism the C's were pesky as heck on defense last night, forcing turnovers.

Now?... yeah, they're probably a mid to low seed. I don't see them falling out... but a lot of the excitement for the season has evaporated.

It may give them a chance to use some of their assets to jump into the top 10 again this year. Between their pick and the clippers pick they might be able to do so.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a way to start a season. Watching Gordon roll off Crowders back and on to that floor you knew it was going to be an ugly fall. It could have been worse, much worse. The break appears clean, hopefully no ligament/blood vessel damage.

With adversity comes stardom. And our eyes did not deceive us with the Jaylen/Jason infancy. Tatum will get almost starter level minutes, and his double double will become common place. Jaylen is going to be a man child in the league. Brad will need to use 2017 and 2018 to bring them to another level. I suspect Rozier and Smart will develop well too.

So by March we will see the dude back. There will be alot of motivation by the Celtics to meet the Cavs in the playoffs.

I am very sad for Gordon, but something tells me this set back will have a good outcome. Lets enjoy the new young studs of the green this year
my man

jaylen looked smooth, fluid, and poised. even missing that last sbhit...glad he took it. they will fall eventually.

tatum...looked star struck in the first quarter (aside from seeing haywards leg snap like celery). he really impressed me, especially on the boards.

danny may have hit a homerun...

do any other teams play 2 guys under 20, regularly?

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say after one game how they will be but I feel for Gordon.

Imo I don't see them as a top team anymore. I actually had them as a 5 seed with Hayward but I still see them as a 5-7 seed or around there. I think Miami, Milwaukee are the 4th anc 5th seeds and Boston probably will grab the 6th unless certain teams emerge
LOL

could you do me a favor and bump your hyperbole up a few MORE notches? the celtics are the only team in the east that IMPROVED themselves. cleveland added washed up vets and are asking love to play (lol) center...

both the C's and Cavs (if i see one more assclown Cavs fan refer to themselves as the C's I'll murder a bitch) may get fresh FA legs (thomas, hayward) in march.

Celtics still win 50+ without hayward and get a 1-3 seed.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do any other teams play 2 guys under 20, regularly?

Nope. Actually three under 23 now and 4 under 26. Sink or swim. Celtics with loss of Hayward are the youngest team in the NBA now. I always enjoy the Q's trolls. Its like he think everyone is stupid on this site to him

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Actually three under 23 now and 4 under 26. Sink or swim. Celtics with loss of Hayward are the youngest team in the NBA now. I always enjoy the Q's trolls. Its like he think everyone is stupid on this site to him

nothing i said here was incorrect. At all.

Plus using a pick that could be in the teens this year, plus the clippers pick and maybe their 2020 pick to get another top 10 pick this year (since they got bent over giving one away) is not a bad idea.