• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CC Sucks

Zig

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moore is really good, but he's not been starting in the bigs and dominating nearly enough to really be in the discussion. Lets see how he does at the end of this year.

You can't say Darvish is an ace then say Moore isn't because he hasn;t been doing it long enough. Moore has more starts than Darvish

homer

BUCCS469

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
between cobb and moore i think the rays are in good shape going forward because both have pitched like aces this year so far..archer and odorizzi still works in progress.....they need to get that sorry piece of shit fausto carmona out of the rotation...price and hellickson have been let downs....but if they turn it around the rays could still make a ton of noise going forward.

Lord Scalious

Shut up World
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another guy that you can say is aleast a fringe ace is Matt Moore. The dude's got a lot of talent. I have him on my team.

He is an interesting case. He has been lights out since the 2nd half of last year.

His Secondary stuff is deadly and the Fastball is there. However, he still seems to have some big command control problems at times. (for someone that we want to dub an ace)

Right Handers are still helpless against him...but don't let that .235 BA against Lefties fool ya...they have been making some good contact on him lately...

Zig

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
between cobb and moore i think the rays are in good shape going forward because both have pitched like aces this year so far..archer and odorizzi still works in progress.....they need to get that sorry piece of shit fausto carmona out of the rotation...price and hellickson have been let downs....but if they turn it around the rays could still make a ton of noise going forward.

Ok HeatBuccs

:laugh3:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cobb's got stud potential, that's for sure. We'll see in another year or two. In the meantime, the Rays better do something about that bullpen.

Lord Scalious

Shut up World
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't say Darvish is an ace then say Moore isn't because he hasn;t been doing it long enough. Moore has more starts than Darvish

homer
Damn fine point...

however

Rangers 3

Red Sox 0

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

homer

He says that because matt moore is outperforming his advanced stats.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We gotta add Scherzer and Anibal Sanchez as fringe aces too ( Who's been the best in baseball)

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I still sense maybe just a LITTLE Darvish bias there. I guess if Harvey had another year under his belt and was still performing at a high level, i'd feel the same way.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still sense maybe just a LITTLE Darvish bias there. I guess if Harvey had another year under his belt and was still performing at a high level, i'd feel the same way.

I Don't think its Bias at all. Darvish is better and has more potential than Moore. In a fantasy league i would also take Darvish over Moore ANY DAY. I have both of them on my team though

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Don't think its Bias at all. Darvish is better and has more potential than Moore. In a fantasy league i would also take Darvish over Moore ANY DAY. I have both of them on my team though

Yeah, I get that. I just think it's a bit premature to include Darvish in the same sentence with guys like Verlander and Kershaw. Close maybe, but not yet.

Lord Scalious

Shut up World
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True..but he did actually state because he hasn't been dominating long enough..

While I agree at this Moment in time Darvish is looking better in ability. Darvish hasn't been Dominating nearly long enough either. Ace needs some track record behind at the MLB level IMO. He was striking people out last year. But he wasn't Consistent in performance until near the end of last year..

As far as Talent? Yeah Darvish has more Talent...but ya don't need a bunch of pitches to be a dominating ACE. Moore has the skill set needed.. So the difference ONCE Moore throws with more Command/Control won't need to be noted as much.

Because his problems right now...putting himself behind in the count too often. So hitters are sitting dead red. He is still Gold when he gets ta 2 strikes..

Zig

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hold on. lemme get Scal to tell you what I really meant

J_E_T_S

Rihanna >>> Emma
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not had that much fun watching the sox at a bar in awhile

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What part of August is Bucholz expected back?

blade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I get that. I just think it's a bit premature to include Darvish in the same sentence with guys like Verlander and Kershaw. Close maybe, but not yet.

And rightfully so. Darvish hasn't been good for very long. Last year he only had 10 quality starts in his first 21 starts and he was sitting on a 4.51 ERA as late as August 17th. So, if we are going to penalize Moore for his first year then I you have to penalize Darvish too, because his first season wasn't any better and neither pitched anywhere close to what we should expect from an ace.

Darvish career as an ace-like pitcher has lasted exactly 19 starts, going back to August 17th last year. That's not very long. Certainly no longer than Harvey and only a few starts longer than Moore.

blade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not had that much fun watching the sox at a bar in awhile

rihanna-500LB_1493827a.jpg

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rays need a new closer.