• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Castellanos - just bad trades

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, I was one of the dumb asses that traded him because he went to the OF instead of 3b or CI...did it in two leagues...MF, SB, MF (*&(*&^)_(_...

Still not as bad as giving up Matt Carpenter for Kris Medlen before last season...yes I got talked into it by more than one person, I was the only one who didn't want to and the even other team I traded with laughing that I had to add more too the deal....that was in a "veto committee" league...hate those...they have changed it this season after that deal.

I am sure I will make a few bad deals this year but it won't be because of the veto committee at least.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still not as bad as giving up Matt Carpenter for Kris Medlen before last season...yes I got talked into it by more than one person, I was the only one who didn't want to

Always best to make your own decisions. Being talked into a trade by multiple people is .....well, strange.
a) how do multiple players know about your trade offer?
b) why, if you're the only the only one who didn't want the deal, would you hit the ACCEPT button?

Even stranger..

I am sure I will make a few bad deals this year but it won't be because of the veto committee at least.

How is it the fault of a veto committee?
Did they force you to accept or did they make you add to Carpenter? And if they had those abilities, it's good that this committee got disbanded.
Quite possibly the oddest thing I've heard in years.

Please note: Pre-2013 receiving Medlen for Carpenter would have been considered a major coup. A lot of people (including myself) weren't terribly high on Medlen following his insane 2012 half-season, but nobody (including myself) would have turned him down for Carpenter a year ago.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, I offered

Thornburg
Gennett
Heathcoat
and someone else

for

Medlen

The Veto committee opted to Veto the Trade and said I wasn't giving enough for an "Ace" like Medlen. After a bunch of heated arguments from me against the members of the veto committee of Medlen not being an "Ace"...basically I lost and had to add someone else.

I added Matt Carpenter because they wouldn't put him at 2b the year before and I didn't think he would play 2b...well he did

It was a combo of the veto committee and myself who gave up Carpenter, plus some really good prospects for Ace Medlen (which I now call him in the league)

side note...they revised the approach of the veto committee after that...which I said was so moronic before the trade ever happened...

Its all good now...but one of those "pain is gain" moments for the league.

this is also a contract league and Medlen was 2.7 million still with team control.