• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carolina vs denver: avoid it

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:

Thanks so much!

Actually, the Thursday night product in the NFL is decidedly garbage. This game may be an outlier, because it's the first game of the season and both teams are coming off relatively the same amount of rest and preparation, but during the rest of the season, it's generally bad football.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miss the first game of the season?
No fuckin way!
Waited since February for another game.
Doesn't matter if I like the match up

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miss the first game of the season?
No fuckin way!
Waited since February for another game.
Doesn't matter if I like the match up

Go Pats!

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks so much!

Actually, the Thursday night product in the NFL is decidedly garbage. This game may be an outlier, because it's the first game of the season and both teams are coming off relatively the same amount of rest and preparation, but during the rest of the season, it's generally bad football.

You forgot the color rush uniforms

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be a great defensive game alright.........you have a first year starting QB who was not in the sb that will be turning the ball over three or four times it will be completely one sided.

About to learn just what a difference maker mentally Manning was. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know Carolina is winning.

Well actually Siemian was in the Super Bowl. He has a Super Bowl ring as we speak. Your boy Brees and Siemian have the same number of Super Bowl rings.

And yeah Manning's 2 huge turnovers, 0 touchdown passes, coaches having to call timeout because he kept trying to audible out of running plays late in the game, worst QB Rating of any Super Bowl winning QB, just higher than 50% completion rate really was the difference in that game.

I love Manning and all that he did for the Broncos but that playoff run was all about the defense. We didn't see those last minute drives where Manning at least contributed that way. What we saw was the defense continue to come up with big plays when it mattered most. Manning carried the team for pretty much 3 years while in Denver but this past year he was carried by the defense.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks so much!

That statement I can get on board with. Thursday Night Football is often watered down because of the short week. Pretty sure the home team is killing it against the spread.

Yet still, not bad enough to abandon the 1st game of the season. I am sure there will be a couple TNF matchups I will skip.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, better them than us. I've learned along time ago to take care of #1 first. Besides wouldn't this bump the Jags fan base 33%?

If they beat GB 40%, lose and its back down to 25%.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Avoid it? Fuck that! I'm counting the minutes until kickoff! I do think putting a super bowl rematch as the season opener is pretty lame though.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
So I thought long and hard on the OP's advice. I discussed it with my family, I prayed over my decision with Tebow, I watched countless hours of game film, I consulted with Vegas Bookies and I flipped a coin.

Even though the OP gave out very well thought out reasons for avoiding watching the game, I am pretty much of a mind to tell him to blow his grandpa.

I'm glued to the set tonight.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's all lower the ratings by refusing to look at the game. If people made the olympics suffer low ratings, we can do the same for nfl opening thursday. No need wasting time on seeing a super bowl rematch (only people in Denver and Charlotte can watch) .

I guess to me I'm not getting your cause and effect thought process here. People didn't watch the Olympics so we shouldn't watch something else? That would be like saying baseball viewership is down so don't watch the NFL to really show them...It makes 0 sense?

Maybe if they wanted better viewership for the Olympics then maybe they should make it more viewer friendly. Maybe they should have worked harder to hype up the fact that the Olympics were happening. Maybe instead of having a 1-2 hour tape delay in what was happening in an age where everybody is on social media and already knows the results of the games then maybe viewership would have gone up.

Also I would just add that football has been the #1 viewed show on tv for quite some time. Out of the top-30 shows watched in any given year something like 28-29 of those are an NFL game. So again not their fault for being so popular and people wanting to watch that rather than the Olympics. The Olympics are fine and I enjoyed watching them when I watched but not every event interests me and I just don't have the information on the athletes like I do on the Broncos. Just the way it is.