• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Capital One Bowl

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, nobody has really said anything here at the Husker Hoop today, which I'm hoping means everyone was with family on this fine day. I had meself a fine Christmas, but I had get-togethers on the 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 24th, and 25th.........so I am soooo ready for this to be over to be honest.

And with that said, we are officially less than 1 week away from a big showdown vs. a top 5 team. Maybe not top 5 according to the BCS, but they definitely put together a top 5 resume this season.

So let's start focusing on game talk. How you guys feeling? I am oddly feeling better and better about the game as the days go on. I keep thinking back to last year's bowl game and getting discouraged at the thought of the beat down, but I also remember that this team is loaded with Seniors and they have to want to prove something after getting their shit tossed in Indy.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am having a good feeling about this game. That doesnt mean jack squat though and usually I am wrong but I am opptomistic. Happy you had a good Christmas I myself had a good Christmas I didnt know ham could taste that good.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank God someone said something this board has been dead.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over these past few days I have eaten Ham, Turkey, Oyster Soup, and Prime Rib..........with all of the other little things of course. But cot damn do I feel spoiled as hell.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, nobody has really said anything here at the Husker Hoop today, which I'm hoping means everyone was with family on this fine day. I had meself a fine Christmas, but I had get-togethers on the 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 24th, and 25th.........so I am soooo ready for this to be over to be honest.

And with that said, we are officially less than 1 week away from a big showdown vs. a top 5 team. Maybe not top 5 according to the BCS, but they definitely put together a top 5 resume this season.

So let's start focusing on game talk. How you guys feeling? I am oddly feeling better and better about the game as the days go on. I keep thinking back to last year's bowl game and getting discouraged at the thought of the beat down, but I also remember that this team is loaded with Seniors and they have to want to prove something after getting their shit tossed in Indy.

How many times have we said that only to see them come out of the locker room unprepared?

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna try and watch the whole thing today:

[YOUTUBE]F-jRQ1gF9PE[/YOUTUBE]

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I broke up two pairs of rose colored glasses this season and I hate to predict a loss, but here it goes... Georgia 38-24. My only hope is that I jinx Georgia with this prediction!

I wonder if my sister Georgia would be pleased with my prediction. I'll ask her in the near future!

I would like to add though... If Beck gets his head out of his ass, maybe we would have a chance with a stout rushing style gameplan, and if we see a little defense? I know I know, I'm asking too much here!

Last edited by a moderator:

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georiga DL John Jenkins was ruled academically ineligible for bowl game.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I broke up two pairs of rose colored glasses this season and I hate to predict a loss, but here it goes... Georgia 38-24. My only hope is that I jinx Georgia with this prediction!

I wonder if my sister Georgia would be pleased with my prediction. I'll ask her in the near future!

I would like to add though... If Beck gets his head out of his ass, maybe we would have a chance with a stout rushing style gameplan, and if we see a little defense? I know I know, I'm asking too much here!

If we don't come out fast and keep on coming we will be blown out.

That's what South Carolina did. They had Georgia on their heels for the whole 1st quarter w/ play action and connor shaw scrambling out of the pocket... That should be our gameplan.

Georgia was confused as hell and sometimes guys were wide open.

21-0 SCAR @ end of 1st quarter.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia DL John Jenkins is out for the bowl game.

So the this only meanstge Huskers will lose by two TDs instead of three.

aqwk68

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see us coming out similar to what we did against Ohio State. We will be aggressive on D, keep Georgia in check and put some points on the board, then the coaches will try and change the game plan mid game and end up giving the game away. I just hope it doesn't get as ugly as the Ohio State game did.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think NU comes out unprepared from the get-go.

Pelini will have over-schemed Georgia's offense. NU will not be able to stop the run. Georgia's QB will have all day to throw as our D line will be in "contain" mode.

Offensively Martinez will throw an early pick six on a quick out pattern, and have a fumble. He will be running for his life all night long.