• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cano Breaks Toe...Uh Oh!

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Japanese Tour sounded good, but first Kuma gets pounded and now Cano breaks toe. Oh, and we miss out on our rumored top choice. Not a good off season so far.

My biggest worry is Kuma who stunk at the end of the year and now is getting pounded in Japan. If he has any trade value, ship him out and go with Volsquez or someone of the type plus another #3 type for insurance.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just another week in Mariner land. Felix loses the Cy Young, Vmart resigns in Detroit, Kuma gets pounded and now Cano gets hurt. Doesnt sound too serious though which is good. I guess it can only go up from here!!!

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You win the Silver Lining Award. :suds: :lol:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Japanese Tour sounded good, but first Kuma gets pounded and now Cano breaks toe. Oh, and we miss out on our rumored top choice. Not a good off season so far.

My biggest worry is Kuma who stunk at the end of the year and now is getting pounded in Japan. If he has any trade value, ship him out and go with Volsquez or someone of the type plus another #3 type for insurance.

I won't pretend to know anything of whats actually going on in Japan right now, but even if he was hurt with his performance towards the end of last year and his getting performance in Japan they need to run from him like a sinking ship. To me it appeared that MLB got the book on him and going to Japan and getting killed? That is the one place that his style is always suppose to be effective.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same with Paul George breaking his leg, dont get why they have to play.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't pretend to know anything of whats actually going on in Japan right now, but even if he was hurt with his performance towards the end of last year and his getting performance in Japan they need to run from him like a sinking ship. To me it appeared that MLB got the book on him and going to Japan and getting killed? That is the one place that his style is always suppose to be effective.

Per MLB Trade Rumors today:
The Mariners have fielded inquiries from a few teams on Hisashi Iwakuma and the Red Sox have had at least internal conversations about the 33-year-old right-hander. The Mariners, meanwhile, would want an impact hitter like Yoenis Cespedes in return.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per MLB Trade Rumors today:
The Mariners have fielded inquiries from a few teams on Hisashi Iwakuma and the Red Sox have had at least internal conversations about the 33-year-old right-hander. The Mariners, meanwhile, would want an impact hitter like Yoenis Cespedes in return.

I don't think the Red Sox would even entertain an offer of Iwakuma for Cespedes. With the way MLB is going I don't think there is a single pitcher a team would trade straight up for their top hitter. Really think the Angels would think twice if LA offered Kershaw for Trout?

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think LA would take Kershaw for Trout in a second. I really do. I do believe overall MLB has changed in that hitting for pitching was once impossible and now it has turned to hitting being hard to get for pitching.

As far as Cespedes goes, Sox probably would do it because Cespedes hasn't been loved by their coaches and he hasn't exactly torn it up as of late. He is a slugger with for hype than production, but would still be a huge improvement for the M's weak OF. Plus he, like Kuma, are on one year deals and Boston has a better chance to re-sign Kuma than Cespedes since h basically shut them down on contract talks.

I see it more of a win-win for both teams. Not sure if they do.