• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can Alabamas defense stop Ohio State??

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oney

Hoopla Cash
$ 757.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not counting that garbage 8 points at the end and the 75 yards they accumulated, Bama held Auburn to about 170 yards and 7 points the entire second half to that drive. Pretty sure everyone would agree Auburn has a very potent offense, much more than the Buckeyes. You might not want to hang to much on that hope of yours! :whistle:

Also, not really seeing a lot of power offenses in the B1G so not sure how much those highly ranked defenses OSU is putting those points against is real legit! :noidea: In fact, didn't some expert analyst ask if it was coincidence that the B1G finally started finally winning, and looking better, when they started playing each other? :pound:

Auburn's offense is not close to as good as Ohio State's. And we've seen 4 top 10 defenses, I have no worries we'll score early and often.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Auburn's offense is not close to as good as Ohio State's. And we've seen 4 top 10 defenses, I have no worries we'll score early and often.

You are a flippin idiot. AUs WRs are better than yours. Williams, Coates, Bray better than Smith, Michael, etc. Artis Payne running up the middle and speedster Cory Grant are just as good if not better than Eze etc. Auburns Oline is at least just as good as yours. They have a talented TE in Uzomah. And finally they have a QB in Marshall that is way more nimble and athletic than Cardale who is going to be a sitting duck in the pocket. OSU will be lucky to score more than 28pts and Bama will put at least 35 on you. Your offense is solid and definitely has talent and will score points. But with Cardale at QB its not going to be nearly as productive as you think. You don't know now, but you will learn soon enough.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are a flippin idiot. AUs WRs are better than yours. Williams, Coates, Bray better than Smith, Michael, etc. Artis Payne running up the middle and speedster Cory Grant are just as good if not better than Eze etc. Auburns Oline is at least just as good as yours. They have a talented TE in Uzomah. And finally they have a QB in Marshall that is way more nimble and athletic than Cardale who is going to be a sitting duck in the pocket. OSU will be lucky to score more than 28pts and Bama will put at least 35 on you. Your offense is solid and definitely has talent and will score points. But with Cardale at QB its not going to be nearly as productive as you think. You don't know now, but you will learn soon enough.

All opinion. Zero facts.

Ohio state is a lot more balanced than Auburn. That is a fact.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State had more yards and more points against Michigan St, than Auburn did on South Carolina

South Carolina is garbage especially on defense. MSU is a top 10 defense.

These are Also all facts.

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State had more yards and more points against Michigan St, than Auburn did on South Carolina

MSU is not a top ten defense. Well, they play a B1G schedule so I guess they are. Oregon filleted that defense.

This Authority guy is making me root for Bama now.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU is not a top ten defense. Well, they play a B1G schedule so I guess they are. Oregon filleted that defense.

Oregon "Filleted" a lot of defenses.

I am making you root for bama because I am actually stating facts ?

So be it.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn we were counting on the support of the Oregon fans

Oney

Hoopla Cash
$ 757.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Keep dreaming. You have no chance to stop this train.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oregon fileted that MSU defense in Autzen to the tune of less points and less yards than OSU had against MSU in East Lansing.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon fileted that MSU defense in Autzen to the tune of less points and less yards than OSU had against MSU in East Lansing.

pumped_kid.gif

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Practically any team would have a top 10 defense in the awful B1G. MSU stepped outside their shitty conference and got raped by Oregon.....

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Practically any team would have a top 10 defense in the awful B1G. MSU stepped outside their shitty conference and got raped by Oregon.....

these types of posts are so full of fail it isn't even funny.

Indiana had more yards on Mizzou than every SEC team except one.

apparently having a top 10 defense in the Big isn't as easy as the SEC.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess that goes for the Big 12 as well considering Texas had a good defense too and got even more raped outside of their conference.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Statistically speaking the SEC and the B10 are pretty comparable for overall offense ( B10 average rank is 65th while the SEC average rank is 59) far and away the top offensive league was the B12 but they were also far and away the worst defebnsive league. Its not really that suyrprising to see leagues suceed in one and fail in another since 70%ish of your games are played vs teams in league. I will say that using Oregon as the metric on which to gauge MSU is pretty unfair. Most teams give up huge yards and points to Oregon as they are a top offense, Debating conference strength is only really relevant if the team from the weaker league did not dominate their opposition. OSU won by an average of almsot 26 ppg in league play ( most of any conference champion ). A more valid conference strength argument as it relates to a playoff team is the ACC and Florida State

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry SJ you belong to the authority in this thread. If you're looking for me feel free to answer my reply in tbe Oregon/FSU thread you've been dodging

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be a lot like Notre Dame in the 2012 championship game. Yeldon and Henry will have nearly 10 ypc.