• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cam Newton Vs. Andrew Luck

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Knowing what you know of Cam now (his upside and God given physical talent passing and throwing); and the hype (deservedly so) surrounding Andrew Luck and what he can do for any franchise. If Both were in the same draft class, as a GM which of the two would be your # 1 pick?

BrawlinHawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Knowing what you know of Cam now (his upside and God given physical talent passing and throwing); and the hype (deservedly so) surrounding Andrew Luck and what he can do for any franchise. If Both were in the same draft class, as a GM which of the two would be your # 1 pick?

Andrew Luck without a doubt. You don't want the leader of the team to be a thug or a wise ass.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its debatable. I'd still go Luck, but Newton is fucking amazing. I have him on both of my fantasy teams, so I've watched about 80% of his games this year. He already has good pocket presence. Just because he can run, people assume he bails too early- which isn't true. He stands in there until he doesn't have a downfield option or he will occasionally take off when he sees the middle is open. He can stand in there and make throws when there are bodies all around him. Cannon for an arm and he can throw into tight spaces (see the TD pass to Nanee last week for an example of this). I've only seen 1 game where he played subpar- the Washington game. In Newton's defense, his WR's and TE (Olsen) where terrible that game and didn't do him any favors. Can you imagine trying to prepare for Newton as a defensive coordinator? Newton is only going to get better too.

If Carolina had Denver's defense- people would be all over Newton's jock instead of Tebow's right now.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey BrawlinHawk,

Do you only troll with uninformed idiocy?

How is Newton a thug?

I would take Newton if I knew what I know now just because he is a proven commodity on a bad team. However just based on their college careers and how Newton looked at the combine and in workouts I would have probably taken Luck.

BrawlinHawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think its debatable. I'd still go Luck, but Newton is fucking amazing. I have him on both of my fantasy teams, so I've watched about 80% of his games this year. He already has good pocket presence. Just because he can run, people assume he bails too early- which isn't true. He stands in there until he doesn't have a downfield option or he will occasionally take off when he sees the middle is open. He can stand in there and make throws when there are bodies all around him. Cannon for an arm and he can throw into tight spaces (see the TD pass to Nanee last week for an example of this). I've only seen 1 game where he played subpar- the Washington game. In Newton's defense, his WR's and TE (Olsen) where terrible that game and didn't do him any favors. Can you imagine trying to prepare for Newton as a defensive coordinator? Newton is only going to get better too.

If Carolina had Denver's defense- people would be all over Newton's jock instead of Tebow's right now.

The defense that gave up 487 passing yards against a Rookie QB? How about if Scam wasn't a turnover machine he might put his defense in a better position?

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense that gave up 487 passing yards against a Rookie QB? How about if Scam wasn't a turnover machine he might put his defense in a better position?

The defense that returned an int for a TD? One bad game that Denver still won.

Newton needs to improve on throwing picks, but he's a rookie who's playing with ONE NFL caliber WR. His TE Olsen has been garbage for the better part of the year. Perhaps if you actually watched him play you would have a different opinion. Ignorance is bliss right?

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More on Newton:

"The rookie No. 1 pick continues to improve. Instead of forcing passes, as he did on occasion earlier in the year, Newton is taking advantage of his running skills, leading all players with 13 rushing touchdowns, including six in the last three games. As a passer, he has been interception-free in four of his last six outings and picked off only once in another. His play has helped lift the Panthers to two straight wins."

Read more: Tim Tebow rises from 31 to 5 in latest NFL quarterback rankings - Jim Trotter - SI.com

But he is "Scam" Newton? Not buying it Mr. Hawkeye.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the better question would be newton or griffon?

BrawlinHawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The defense that returned an int for a TD? One bad game that Denver still won. Newton needs to improve on throwing picks, but he's a rookie who's playing with ONE NFL caliber WR. His TE Olsen has been garbage for the better part of the year. Perhaps if you actually watched him play you would have a different opinion. Ignorance is bliss right?

How about the defense that gave up 45 points to the Lions? That defense? When he learns how to manage a game and not be a turnover machine, then we'll talk. He just got himself in trouble recently by telling a reporter he wants his teammates to be on his "level". Meaning he is great and he wished his teammates were there too. Great leadership huh? He is a jive ass punk.

BrawlinHawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
More on Newton:

"The rookie No. 1 pick continues to improve. Instead of forcing passes, as he did on occasion earlier in the year, Newton is taking advantage of his running skills, leading all players with 13 rushing touchdowns, including six in the last three games. As a passer, he has been interception-free in four of his last six outings and picked off only once in another. His play has helped lift the Panthers to two straight wins."

Read more: Tim Tebow rises from 31 to 5 in latest NFL quarterback rankings - Jim Trotter - SI.com

But he is "Scam" Newton? Not buying it Mr. Hawkeye.

4 and 20. That's the combined record of the "two straight wins."

BrawlinHawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This guy and has always been a no-nothing troll on here. It is best to just ignore him.

He is only mad because I said Virgina Tech and the ACC are horse shit. V Tech is one of the most overrated teams in college football. Every year they are preseason top 10 and beat nobody. At the end of the year they end up high in the rankings because they were rated high in the beginning and they still manage to lose games in that weak ass Conference.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is only mad because I said Virgina Tech and the ACC are horse shit. V Tech is one of the most overrated teams in college football. Every year they are preseason top 10 and beat nobody. At the end of the year they end up high in the rankings because they were rated high in the beginning and they still manage to lose games in that weak ass Conference.

Maybe so, but you still have no idea what a thug is.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 and 20. That's the combined record of the "two straight wins."

Nit picky. Cam Newton > Ricky Stanzi, Drew Tate, Matt Sherman, Chuck Long, Ed Podolak, Gary Snook...............