• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cam Newton - "Still Our QB"

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notice that no one has asked or even guessed as to what the "medical appointment" was for?

No one has asked or guessed where the appointment was.

Why would he have to go "away" to to see any medical expert when there is a hospital full of some of the best orthopedic and other medical savants in One Ptriot Place?

Then to take Covid tests that were not to the league standard is just plain stupid.

The real problem here is that he put "me" before "team".

BB is not happy and said today, "This is an outstanding opportunity for Mac Jones."

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The mind of a pro sports player does not work like that.

With all due respect, Cam was in a Super Bowl and had an opportunity to jump on a loose ball to potentially save the day and did not.

Cam doesn't seem to have the "win at all costs" gene that the majority of all great pro athletes have.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all due respect, Cam was in a Super Bowl and had an opportunity to jump on a loose ball to potentially save the day and did not.

Cam doesn't seem to have the "win at all costs" gene that the majority of all great pro athletes have.
Either that or just a "give up" gene that truly competitive players don't allow.

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was 20 years old, if I suffered a wound, it would heal in a couple of days. At my age today, it takes a couple of weeks or months, depending on the severity.
Dude, I'm only 50 and I'm dealing with that shit. I'm still pretty active and what would've been a simple little injury requiring a few days taking it easy years ago can now sideline me for weeks and oftentimes longer.
It's like I told my son: hangovers don't hurt more than they used to, they just last days longer.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be crazy but last season it sure did look like Cam gave up in a lot of games.
I honestly think he chokes and goes into an autopilot where he can't think. It may not be easy to see because his size, athleticism, and strength can carry him through the autopilot phase where he can still succeed. But it seemed apparent in the Seattle game that he couldn't adapt when the defense was prepared for the for the first read play. Same with the Buffalo play when he failed to react when the players around him changed and he left the ball exposed to being punched out. Those two games were the difference between a losing record and a winning record... but also the difference in getting Mac and not getting Mac without additional capital.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those two games were the difference between a losing record and a winning record... but also the difference in getting Mac and not getting Mac without additional capital.

Great point!

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notice that no one has asked or even guessed as to what the "medical appointment" was for?

No one has asked or guessed where the appointment was.

Why would he have to go "away" to to see any medical expert when there is a hospital full of some of the best orthopedic and other medical savants in One Ptriot Place?

Then to take Covid tests that were not to the league standard is just plain stupid.

The real problem here is that he put "me" before "team".

BB is not happy and said today, "This is an outstanding opportunity for Mac Jones."
BB has also been known for not being happy when guys go outside the their system for medical evaluations.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I'm only 50 and I'm dealing with that shit. I'm still pretty active and what would've been a simple little injury requiring a few days taking it easy years ago can now sideline me for weeks and oftentimes longer.
Which is exactly why older athletes pop on a test for steroids after an injury.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Misunderstanding about tests? How about he got the wrong tests.

The league has informed the players what tests are required for unvaccinated players. Because he had covid doesn't exempt him from following the protocols. He went out and had a nose rub done and didn't check what test he was getting.

The results were negative but he just can't follow the rules like everyone else.

Makes BB look bad because he trusted him to go outside the playground. Should have learned the first time with Aaron Hernandez.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The league has informed the players what tests are required for unvaccinated players. Because he had covid doesn't exempt him from following the protocols. He went out and had a nose rub done and didn't check what test he was getting.

The results were negative but he just can't follow the rules like everyone else.

Makes BB look bad because he trusted him to go outside the playground. Should have learned the first time with Aaron Hernandez.
He did not take "wrong tests" Protocol demands that If he takes them outside facility, he gets 5 days isolation.
Not wrong tests, not punishment. Just protocol.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cam screwing up protocols versus Hernandez murdering a bunch of people? Sure I can see the similarities... (do I really need green font here?)

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam screwing up protocols versus Hernandez murdering a bunch of people? Sure I can see the similarities... (do I really need green font here?)
Again you show that you can't read and don't understand what's written.

My reference was to allowing players to go off the course. I realize that you may not remember but BB actually was part and parcel to Hernandez being off the reservation in a place in California.

There was no reference to the similarities of not following a protocol and murder. That's your misunderstanding. OR misplaced logic.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again you show that you can't read and don't understand what's written.

My reference was to allowing players to go off the course. I realize that you may not remember but BB actually was part and parcel to Hernandez being off the reservation in a place in California.

There was no reference to the similarities of not following a protocol and murder. That's your misunderstanding. OR misplaced logic.
Using Hernandez at any point of reference is completely bad form and is akin to comparing any current politician to Adolf Hitler. Even if the heart of your comparison has merit you will never get anyone past Adolf Hitler. Add to that you blindly referenced Hernandez and expected us to know the obscure situation.

And you are correct. I did not understand what was written, probably because the writer did not include enough details to be certain I would. I remember Cam screwing up the protocol. I also remember Hernandez murdering at least several people.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did not take "wrong tests" Protocol demands that If he takes them outside facility, he gets 5 days isolation.
Not wrong tests, not punishment. Just protocol.
I had to do my research but found the article. The NFL is using the Mesa test which is not available to the general public or to the general medical community. This is the test that is being given to players on a daily basis who are not vaccinated. Cam violated the league's non vaccinated test protocol.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to do my research but found the article. The NFL is using the Mesa test which is not available to the general public or to the general medical community. This is the test that is being given to players on a daily basis who are not vaccinated. Cam violated the league's non vaccinated test protocol.

It is not a violation. It is just protocol.
Do this or you must do this.

Please don't put me in the position of defending Cam.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is not a violation. It is just protocol.
Do this or you must do this.

Please don't put me in the position of defending Cam.
It's ok to defend Cam. While he hasn't been the Stud QB we had hoped for, he has be a very good Patriot.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott Zolack is broadcasting from Foxboro on 98.5 the Sports Hub.

First 7 0n 7 series, Cam is getting the first team snaps.

Belichick said that the QB starter is still fluid and he won't know until game time.

Sorry Bill, but you probably have the starting line ups set for the game and most likely the first 25 plays are choreographed already. And your voice was not very convincing.