• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cam Newton - "Still Our QB"

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots 2021 NFL Draft: Bill Belichick addresses Mac Jones pick, notes Cam Newton is still 'our quarterback'

"Look forward to working with him," Belichick said of Jones following the first round. "He's a smart kid. He's been in a system that's similar to ours. We've had a lot of good conversations with him. I think he'll be able to process the offense. It's obviously going to take a lot of time. We'll see how it goes.

"Cam's our quarterback. Whatever time Jarrett or Mac are ready to challenge and compete we'll see how that goes. Right now, for Mac, he's just got a lot of learning in front of him."

When later pressed on whether or not it'll be Newton taking the starting reps and how long that may last before he gives way to Jones, Belichick said, "I don't know. Somebody would have to play better than he does."

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we think Newton lasts the entire season or do we think Jones steps in at some point this year?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't completely ignore Jarrett Stidham. He's doing everything he can to displace Cam nd if all of his work has made even a slight improvement, He might be the guy under center in September.

I don't trust BB when he makes statements like that. He's generally steering the media and everyone else in the opposite direction that he rowing his boat.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we think Newton lasts the entire season or do we think Jones steps in at some point this year?
I don't think Cam is our day 1 starter. But if he is he won't be come the end of the year.

Will it be Stid, Jones or someone else? Time will tell.

Go get Rodgers BB. Then go Defense and one or two late round WRs.

Just do it

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Cam is our day 1 starter. But if he is he won't be come the end of the year.

Just do it

They are not going to trade for Rodgers

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just do it
Think we could send a package wit either Cam or Jones to GB for Rogers?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just do it
Rodgers ain't jumping from the breath of Jordan on his neck to the breath of Mac. The only reason he might is the team seems setup for another good run. But others teams are close too without the firm, firm structure of BB.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam had better show a lot of improvement, but I am with BK BB say's shit just to have the media go into a tail spin. I will say this BB will do what's best for the team. My Pats Pecking order to start.

Cam
Stid
Jones

Stid may steal that spot but I am unsure BB will start a rookie QB unless forced to.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam had better show a lot of improvement, but I am with BK BB say's shit just to have the media go into a tail spin. I will say this BB will do what's best for the team. My Pats Pecking order to start.

Cam
Stid
Jones

Stid may steal that spot but I am unsure BB will start a rookie QB unless forced to.
But BK says "he doesn't trust what BB says". I say "why listen ever"? BBs sound bites are for entertainment purposes only. If you listen long enough you are sure to be entertained.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
''I talked to Coach Saban and every year they always have a lot of players in the draft," Belichick "Coach Saban is always very helpful in his evaluations. I have a tremendous amount of respect for him professionally but also personally. He does a good job of projecting what they'll be like on this level because he's been on this level and he knows the demands. Whether it's evaluating players, scheming or anything related to football there's no one I'd rather talk to then Nick."

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Cam plays the entire season and plays well.

That said, when the lights are the brightest he seems to shrink so we'll see.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cam plays the entire season and plays well.

That said, when the lights are the brightest he seems to shrink so we'll see.
I can't say I agree with that as the outcome, but I do see it as one of the possible outcomes.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see Newton playing along with this like they think he will. Here is a National JC champ, National NCAA champ, Heisman winner, NFL MVP vs some kid, nay!!!!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see Newton playing along with this like they think he will. Here is a National JC champ, National NCAA champ, Heisman winner, NFL MVP vs some kid, nay!!!!
So you don't think Cam owns a mirror?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers ain't jumping from the breath of Jordan on his neck to the breath of Mac. The only reason he might is the team seems setup for another good run. But others teams are close too without the firm, firm structure of BB.
Exactly NE is poisec for another run with multiple offense targets already in place.