• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BYU wants in Big12

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you watch those Utah teams from 2004 and 2008? Did you really watch them actually play? I don't give a shit who the competition was those were special teams, top 5 type teams easily. Damn good football teams up there with the best in the country in those particular seasons. And if they could have played the crap Utah teams from these past couple of seasons, they would have absolutely destroyed them regardless of conference affiliation.

Yes I did.

2004 Utah 12-0, led by Alex Smith. Very good team. Didn't beat a ranked team all year and got a shit draw of a marginal 8-4 Pitt team that even my shitty 5-6 Nebraska team beat.

2005 Utah 7-5 in the MWC. :noidea:

2006 Utah 8-5 in the MWC. :noidea:

2007 Utah 9-4 in the MWC. :noidea:

2008 Utah 13-0 MWC Champs. Got Bama and put it to them to prove people wrong in the Sugar.

In those undefeated 2004 and 2008 seasons, Utah played a collective 4 ranked teams. 3 of those being TCU, BYU, and Pittsburgh.

And since the move to the Pac12, and after being ranked year after year after year, Utah goes 4-5, 3-6, and 2-7 in their first 3 years in the conference.

Coincidence? :noidea:

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah played four ranked teams in those two seasons mentioned as you said. They went 4 and 0 against them. Actually five if you include Bama. And so what? Most BIG teams don't play two EOY ranked teams all season! Ask Ohio State about that. Shit look at your team. You played two EOY ranked teams in 13 games last year and went 0 and 2 against them. And the only reason you did play two is because you drew UCLA in the OOC who kicked your ass. Give it a rest bro. The BIG just isn't that good when it comes to P5 conferences, barely even better than the sorry ACC and that gap's closing.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah actually played four EOY ranked teams total in those two seasons including Bama, not five. I just checked. My bad. Still doesn't change my opinion of the Big 10 in terms of quality teams.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah played four ranked teams in those two seasons mentioned as you said. They went 4 and 0 against them. Actually five if you include Bama. And so what? Most BIG teams don't play two EOY ranked teams all season! Ask Ohio State about that. Shit look at your team. You played two EOY ranked teams in 13 games last year and went 0 and 2 against them. And the only reason you did play two is because you drew UCLA in the OOC who kicked your ass. Give it a rest bro. The BIG just isn't that good when it comes to P5 conferences, barely even better than the sorry ACC and that gap's closing.

Bro?

Do you comb your hair from the front to back, or the back to front?

By the way, where did I champion my team as being all that great? I know my team hasn't been up to par in the last decade +.

Lastly, most on here bag on the Big 10 as being the 5th best conference. Fine. I'm just throwing out some stats that may well tip the boat of opinion, and rightly so.

When your conference champ gets beat by double digits in back-to-back years in a BCS bowl game, your conference strength should get called into question.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah actually played four EOY ranked teams total in those two seasons including Bama, not five. I just checked. My bad. Still doesn't change my opinion of the Big 10 in terms of quality teams.

I know it won't. Not possible with your jaded opinion already in hand.

Facts avoid the general public 80% of the time.

Why would you do actual research, question your fellow fan, and find out the truth with factual research?

I find it rather comical that a Boise State fan would fall into the media trap like you are right now.

Agent Orange

Harbaugh's shrink
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that UC would be a good pick up, but they need to get a larger stadium. I know they're expanding Nippert, but it'll only be to about 40k or something like that. They should have expanded it to 50k if they were serious about a P5 offer, as I'm pretty sure it would be the smallest stadium in the conference.

I don't know who else the Big XII would grab if they were to expand.... Maybe grab UConn and trade them along with cash considerations and a team to be named later to the ACC for Louisville? In all seriousness It would probably be UCF, but for now they're fine.

As for NU fan(s) talking crap about the Big XII... Dude, you're like the boyfriend who dumps the pretty girl for another pretty girl and can't stand the fact that she, the ex girlfriend, has moved on. Let. It. Go. The B1G has been down since Appy State beat Michigan in the Big House and the only programs that are currently worth a damn are: Michigan State, Ohio State, and to a lesser degree Wisconsin (no offense). If your team isn't one of those three and they play in the B1G, hush until they win something.

Oh and Michigan better drop 100 on Appy State this year. > GRUDGE MATCH <

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The B1G is watered the fuck down and I can see why people would think they are 4th or 5th best.

Lets look at the crap in the B1G in two time frames. 10 years and 5 years and I will stick in the crap BIG XII along with them.

Last 10 years Winning Percentage:
Iowa .603
Kansas St .553
Rutgers .595
Northwestern .544
Baylor .484
Maryland .463
Purdue .444
Minnesota .432
Kansas .421
Iowa State .407
Illinois .364
Indiana .345

Last 5 years
Iowa .594
Rutgers .578
Northwestern .562
Iowa State .429
Maryland .387
Illinois .371
Purdue .371
Indiana .317
Kansas .233

So yes, the B1G is pretty weak, but just from a watered down perspective. The top of the B1G is just as good as anyone else.

stats at STASSEN.COM College Football Information

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that UC would be a good pick up, but they need to get a larger stadium. I know they're expanding Nippert, but it'll only be to about 40k or something like that. They should have expanded it to 50k if they were serious about a P5 offer, as I'm pretty sure it would be the smallest stadium in the conference.

I don't know who else the Big XII would grab if they were to expand.... Maybe grab UConn and trade them along with cash considerations and a team to be named later to the ACC for Louisville? In all seriousness It would probably be UCF, but for now they're fine.

As for NU fan(s) talking crap about the Big XII... Dude, you're like the boyfriend who dumps the pretty girl for another pretty girl and can't stand the fact that she, the ex girlfriend, has moved on. Let. It. Go. The B1G has been down since Appy State beat Michigan in the Big House and the only programs that are currently worth a damn are: Michigan State, Ohio State, and to a lesser degree Wisconsin (no offense). If your team isn't one of those three and they play in the B1G, hush until they win something.

Oh and Michigan better drop 100 on Appy State this year. > GRUDGE MATCH <

Obvious Michigan fan. :laugh3:

Which team are you trying to troll?

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what did TCU's and WVU's records in BCS games mean when they entered the Big 12? 12-24 in combined conference play and never a winning season in conference play.

As for UCF and Cincy? Get after it. WVU is already asking for travelling expenses in the Big 12, and you now want to bring in Cincy and USF? You do know that the SF in USF is South Florida, right? Even UCF would be a gigantic travelling venture for the bottom half of the conference.

WVU had less than 60 scholarship players out of 85 after the Orange bowl win (3-0 in BCS games btw) due to lack of recruiting on the previous coaches part and would have struggled no matter WHAT conference they played in (think Nebraska during Bill C's years) and TCU had a drug raid that depleted their roster as well ( btw the frogs are ranked top 15 in one of the pre season mags now and WVU has a ton of RS players seeing the field for the first time this year so..) but no, you go ahead and keep acting like those programs were overrated and that teams like CU were better LMBO.

Travel expenses are a pain for several teams post expansion, in fact I read an article that sited WVU having the exact same travel budget as Nebraska and if memory serves NU got help too from the BIG but....enough with the pissing matches I've given your trolling self enough space ITT :lol:.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back on topic, please husker fans try not to cream yourself talking about the big 12. Would adding cincy give the big 12 a decent shot at ohio valley recruits? Would West Virginia benefit the most? Would UCF give the Big 12 any real inroads to florida?

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back on topic, please husker fans try not to cream yourself talking about the big 12. ...

That won't happen. They expected that the Big 12 would die, when they left. Since that didn't happen and won't, they're unhappy because they didn't get their way. Just like during the 11-1 Big 12 votes when they were on the '1' side.:bawling:

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just baffles me how they think leaving for more money tarnishes their image somehow. They'd rather go on big12/Texas rants, and look so petty.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big 10 to Nebraska: "Here is a giant wheelbarrow full of cash."
Nebraska: "Okay, we will take it. Don't let anyone know. We will waste everyone's time and sanity for the next decade trying to find any other reason to publically claim. We will ignore the fact that no one freaking cares if we left for money. We are too worried about are image that we will create some fantasy world of imaginary slights and wrongs from the Big 12."

Big 10 to Maryland: "Here is a giant wheelbarrow full of cash."
Maryland: "Where do we sign? We will pay 50mm and go further in debt to get that cash."

Big 10 to Rutgers "Here is a giant whee...."
Rutgers: "Yes"
Big 10 to Rutgers: "You didn't let us finish the of....."
Rutgers: "Yes. Yes. Yes. No takebacks. Where is our money?"

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska: "Okay, we will take it. Don't let anyone know. We will waste everyone's time and sanity for the next decade trying to find any other reason to publically claim. We will ignore the fact that no one freaking cares if we left for money. We are too worried about are image that we will create some fantasy world of imaginary slights and wrongs from the Big 12."

Maryland: "Where do we sign? We will pay 50mm and go further in debt to get that cash."

:10::agree: ... and your best post ever! ... that I've read.

Agent Orange

Harbaugh's shrink
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obvious Michigan fan. :laugh3:

Which team are you trying to troll?

:lame:

Unlike you I don't need to troll another school or conference. You say that you're happy in the B1G, that it's a more stable and an upgrade, but continue to run your mouth about the Big XII. Why? It only makes you look like a jilted lover, which is a weird position to take when you're the one who left.

The B1G is down and has been for quite some time and the only teams that have done anything in the conference play in Columbus, East Lansing, and Madison. I respect Nebraska's history and I get that the season record is 0-0 at the moment and you're ready to kick things off. However, if you're not satisfied with your teams status quo, then why are you thumping your chest like they're reigning B1G/Rose Bowl champions?

I thought Husker fans had more humility than that... Maybe it's only in person.

Fire Hoke

Agent Orange

Harbaugh's shrink
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Major college athletics is a business, I'm not sure why people refuse to believe this... That was not aimed at you btw.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but the Nebraska hate of the Big 12 is deep. They seem to think they were wronged at every turn, and that even things they voted for and supported were evil plots to destroy them. It's very confusing.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but the Nebraska hate of the Big 12 is deep. They seem to think they were wronged at every turn, and that even things they voted for and supported were evil plots to destroy them. It's very confusing.

Not confusing to me. They are acting like children. Jealous, spiteful children that took their ball to another conference and really upset that the old conference didn't fall apart when they left. I think it's in the kinda funny realm.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not confusing to me. They are acting like children. Jealous, spiteful children that took their ball to another conference and really upset that the old conference didn't fall apart when they left. I think it's in the kinda funny realm.

JFC you guys are delusional. Get the fuck over yourselves.

Nebraska left the Big 12 for a better situation for themselves and their future. Period.
End of story.

So while it was OK for Texas and the rest of the Big 12 South to search out other conference opportunities, Nebraska and the Big 12 North were just supposed to be good little lap dogs begging for you guys to stay and keep the conference alive, right?

So while you were out looking for a bigger better deal that didn't include Nebraska, we went out and secured our future. God forbid we do something in our own best interest.