• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BYU wants in Big12

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big 12 should go BYU and Cincy

BYU-Big name, big time fanbase, they already have their own network and they compete in the big sports at a decent level already.

Cincy-Decent tv market, good recruiting state, solid football, great bbball, and a bridge to West Virginia. Plus it would help teams like West Virgina, kansas state, etc recruiting Ohio. The B1G owns that state, but some of those recruits might prefer big 12 football and would now have an instate option.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big 12 should go BYU and Cincy

BYU-Big name, big time fanbase, they already have their own network and they compete in the big sports at a decent level already.

Cincy-Decent tv market, good recruiting state, solid football, great bbball, and a bridge to West Virginia. Plus it would help teams like West Virgina, kansas state, etc recruiting Ohio. The B1G owns that state, but some of those recruits might prefer big 12 football and would now have an instate option.

:agree:

BYU and Cincy make the most sense.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is Florida or nothing at all.

UCF, USF, FAU, FIU are there for the taking.....And Miami (FL), FSU will at least listen to pitches no matter how unlikely.

FLORIDA give better recruiting, bigger markets, stronger college football fanbase, and long term growth. Otherwise just keep the very lucrative payouts at 10 mouths to feed instead of 12.

Nobody wants to travel to Utah in the Big 12.
It simply doesn't make financial or recruiting sense for now.

Maybe if there was an obvious Mountain partner and recruiting angle...but there isn't.
The Big 12 already suffered enough with Colorado draining the league.

BYU missed their chance. They could have easily joined in 2010 or 2011, but not with a stable prosperous Big 12.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FAU and FIU are embarrassments. Throw USF in there too. No way would any of those three schools get invites.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FAU and FIU are embarrassments. Throw USF in there too. No way would any of those three schools get invites.

:noidea: An in state rival game for the Big12 in Florida could be good given a few years of B12 level recruiting and the right coaches.
Im sold on Oleary and the direction and feel of UCF but USF needs to get their act together, they had chances in the old BigEast to have a nice string of dominating teams being in Florida but couldn't put it all together. To their credit though, their football offices were literally in like a double wide when they began to play football in the BigEast so...They HAVE made strides.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FAU, USF, and FIU would be worth the long term future investment.

Florida is one of the top 3 recruiting grounds.
Florida will be the 3rd most populous state in a few years with a tremendous market.

And more importantly, college football is king. The market penetration is fairly deep and a strong appetite for the sport in general.

With Big 12 money, any of the 3 could rapidly improve their facilities and be big time quickly.

They would not produce results right away....but they are much more attractive long term investments than Utah, Ohio, or Idaho markets.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any of them would deliver more than bsu.....that being said i dont think 2 of the 3 would ever get invites.

That wasn't my point. My point is those three schools are embarrassments regardless of where they're located and wouldn't get an invite in a million years, not that Boise would either. I will say this. Even though Boise took a big step back this last season, they would kick the dog shit out of any of those three sorry teams, most FBS teams would.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FAU, USF, and FIU would be worth the long term future investment.

Florida is one of the top 3 recruiting grounds.
Florida will be the 3rd most populous state in a few years with a tremendous market.

And more importantly, college football is king. The market penetration is fairly deep and a strong appetite for the sport in general.

With Big 12 money, any of the 3 could rapidly improve their facilities and be big time quickly.

They would not produce results right away....but they are much more attractive long term investments than Utah, Ohio, or Idaho markets.

Might as well add Sam Houston St., Texas St., and UT San Antonio.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wasn't my point. My point is those three schools are embarrassments regardless of where they're located and wouldn't get an invite in a million years, not that Boise would either. I will say this. Even though Boise took a big step back this last season, they would kick the dog shit out of any of those three sorry teams, most FBS teams would.

and boise has a 30 year head start on all those football programs too. metro population, student body size, research grants....big12 would be lucky to secure a foothold in florida now, but you go ahead and base your conclusions on glancing at an occassional boxscore.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Dish and LHN and soon SECtv. I seen/heard a lot of trash talked about the LHN but I have given it a fair shot and watched a few programs to judge for myself. My verdict? Not bad, especially compared to the other 500 channels of garbage that seem to be on. If SECtv is similar or better (which I feel it will be) then I see both doing well in the future.

The LHN is GREATNESS, if you're a Longhorn alum, student or fan. It's not really meant for outsiders to like it, but the fact that you seem to think it's alright, shows that the network is interesting to watch. It's like the BTN; I am forced to carry the BTN, but I have not watched it one bit b/c I don't give a shit about the B1G, but if you're a fan, student or alum from the B1G, I'm pretty sure that channel is awesome. BTW, when is that Mountaineer Network gonna kick off?

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enrollments
UCF - 59K+
FIU - 50K+
USF - 47K+
Cincy - 33K+
FAU - 30K+
If the Big 12 is going to have to add a mid-major, high enrollments and media markets will be some of the factors used in filters schools.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BYU is more than a mountain school, they bring a national audience. With Big 12 money and big 12 recruiting they could easily compete at the highest level. UCF would make more sense if they weren't so far out of the big 12 footprint. But i guess if you go Cincy/UCF it makes more sense, just stay east.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BYU is more than a mountain school, they bring a national audience. With Big 12 money and big 12 recruiting they could easily compete at the highest level. UCF would make more sense if they weren't so far out of the big 12 footprint. But i guess if you go Cincy/UCF it makes more sense, just stay east.

I would rather have the Big 12 extend an invite to UCF. We have 1 too many private schools already, although BYU brings more to the table than both TCU and Baylor combined. UCF is ready to take the next step, especially after watching the thrashing they gave Baylor (although everybody knows Baylor fucking sucks on the road). Adding UCF gives the Big 12 a presence in the state of Florida for recruiting. Now you have the best two states in the country that produces the best athletes in the same conference. I'm all in....

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Answer #1 It would be this year that they receive equal share 2011 25% 2012 50% 2013 75% 2014 100%

Answer #2 Then why didn't they? Oh that's right Utah has more to offer than just a wrestling team.

Answer #3 So you must have been waiting there all night also, to count that Utah struck out 6 times. Good one Doyle. :suds:

1. I believe your wrong on this year.
2. Boise State wouldve demanded to be an equal partner with an equal voice like Colorado got, Utah begged and doesn't have a voice.
3. Doesn't even make sense, WSU and everyone outside of athletically broke Cal were fine with 10 or even just 11 with Colorado. They struck out on the Big 12 and only chose Utah to piss off BYU. If the PAC would've wanted the SLC market like Utah proclaims they would've taken BYU.

Like I said more power to you but when Utah says something the rest of the conference says "Shh, grown ups are talking"

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I believe your wrong on this year.
2. Boise State wouldve demanded to be an equal partner with an equal voice like Colorado got, Utah begged and doesn't have a voice.
3. Doesn't even make sense, WSU and everyone outside of athletically broke Cal were fine with 10 or even just 11 with Colorado. They struck out on the Big 12 and only chose Utah to piss off BYU. If the PAC would've wanted the SLC market like Utah proclaims they would've taken BYU.

Like I said more power to you but when Utah says something the rest of the conference says "Shh, grown ups are talking"

Surely Cal wasn't as broke as CU. CU was applying for food stamps until the Pac came along and saved them.....

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are BUILDING the B12 then add Penn too and get into PA/Philly market/academics and they have a nice sized stadium already (50k if memory serves).

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The PAC-12 already has buyers remorse with Colorado.

Colorado went from bouncing checks and collecting government assistance from the Big 12......to bouncing checks and collecting government assistance from the Pac-12.

The PAC-12 loves the enhanced revenue overall from the magical #12, but they probably wish they did not have such a financial drain like CU. If they could go back in time, they would have taken anyone but Colorado for the 12 teams.

I have no idea how the proud Buffalo alumni and donors can stand the financial mismanagement in power at Boulder.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The PAC-12 already has buyers remorse with Colorado.

Colorado went from bouncing checks and collecting government assistance from the Big 12......to bouncing checks and collecting government assistance from the Pac-12.

The PAC-12 loves the enhanced revenue overall from the magical #12, but they probably wish they did not have such a financial drain like CU. If they could go back in time, they would have taken anyone but Colorado for the 12 teams.

I have no idea how the proud Buffalo alumni and donors can stand the financial mismanagement in power at Boulder.

Ahahahahaha! So true :lol:

Where is John01992 when you need him to tell us how great CU athletics are..... :L