• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bye Bye Woodley

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he got complacent and lazy after signing his big payday, which then led to him getting injured too much.

Oh well, I hope they use that cap money to strengthen their holes in FA. They've got to make a play in free agency this season if they have any hope of competing in '14.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5.5 million in dead money this year, and 8 million in dead money next :tsk:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5.5 million in dead money this year, and 8 million in dead money next :tsk:

Biting of the proverbial bullet... The writing was on the wall for Worilds after drafting OLB in '13, but he outshined Woodley in a critical season for both. Harsh reality for Woodley because he got injured again, but his injury history didn't do him any favors. Happens to a lot of players, but figuring out the right way to get healthy should have been a better priority for Woodley. Take it from Polamalu who struggled with injuries for multiple seasons, he tried multiple different doctors/phys/treatments before finally getting a full healthy season in LY. Woodley didn't do much to help himself in that regard.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ike should be next.

I think the offer has been made to Ike, at least that is the word around town. Right now a few things could be happening:
1. Ike's agent has received the paycut offer from PIT and is likely testing the market for other offers (what an agent is paid to do)
2. No offer has been made and PIT is preparing the paperwork for his release.

I have also heard that the Steelers have spoken to a few CB agents... Probably another Colbert insurance policy.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like only yesterday that Woodley and Harrison were a very dangerous combination back there.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like only yesterday that Woodley and Harrison were a very dangerous combination back there.

Hopefully Worilds produces again... And Jarvis will need to step up bigtime!

I feel most sorry for the thousands of fans that have Woodley jerseys... He was probably the most popular jersey on fans in the stadium along with Ben's.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now they just suck

:bawling:

I think the OLB position is dependent on the NT. Once Hampton vacated the OLB's couldn't do much. McLendon didn't demand the double team so O-lineman were free to change their blocking schemes.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But like 90% of all atheletes, once they get that big fat pay day their numbers seem to always go down!!!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I feel most sorry for the thousands of fans that have Woodley jerseys... He was probably the most popular jersey on fans in the stadium along with Ben's.

I have an autograph Woodley jersey.... I honestly can say, it dont bother me. This is how the Steelers have always conducted buisness.... get the good out of a player and kick him to the curb when he demands to much money!!!!

This is Steelers football, old school...... Art Rooney once said, "I don't make millionaires, I make football players!"

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the offer has been made to Ike, at least that is the word around town. Right now a few things could be happening:
1. Ike's agent has received the paycut offer from PIT and is likely testing the market for other offers (what an agent is paid to do)
2. No offer has been made and PIT is preparing the paperwork for his release.

I have also heard that the Steelers have spoken to a few CB agents... Probably another Colbert insurance policy.

Well, he did take a paycut, my worry is that it will prevent the Steelers from moving on, or playing a young guy because Ike has seniority, even if the new player is better.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he did take a paycut, my worry is that it will prevent the Steelers from moving on, or playing a young guy because Ike has seniority, even if the new player is better.

Trust me, that is not the way that Steelers do business... I've been to Latrobe many times and watched each player earn their position. Taylor will have to earn his spot on the roster, like everyone else.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have an autograph Woodley jersey.... I honestly can say, it dont bother me. This is how the Steelers have always conducted buisness.... get the good out of a player and kick him to the curb when he demands to much money!!!!

This is Steelers football, old school...... Art Rooney once said, "I don't make millionaires, I make football players!"

I know this all too well. I only had 1 jersey of a player that left, but luckily came back (Burress). I was given a Mike Wallace jersey a few years ago as a gift and I went and exchanged it for AB's.

I try to only get grouped signatures. I take a football with me to Latrobe and get as many signatures as I can. The only individual signatures that I get are on football cards.

Last edited by a moderator:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ike will get every opportunity to start as a vet, and he'll definitely come into camp in shape and ready. But the younger guy shows he's better in camp, and it transitions over to the games, I don't know if Ike will be on the field right now.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think they can. Seems we have a nice history of OLB stepping up. Worilds definitely came into his own last year.