• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

But they were close games...

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are some quotes from yesterday:

“There’s a thin line between winning and losing, and we’ve been on the wrong side of that thin line a few times this year,” said OU’s Aaron Ripkowski, who scored three touchdowns. “We’re all heartbroken.”

Ruined his special day of playing such a big part of the offense, really sucks for him.

“We’ve been on the wrong end of some tight games this year,” OU defensive coordinator Mike Stoops said."

Almost isn't good enough Mike.

“We’re not ending up on the right side of things,” OU offensive coordinator Josh Heupel said. “Obviously, there were some disappointments in tight games that we ended up on the wrong side.”

It's not a coin-flip Josh. Don't try to make it sound like one.

“Obviously, we’re not executing good enough in our pass game,” Heupel said.

Really?

“It was our inability to match up and make a play,” Mike Stoops said.

You don't say?

They were tight games. We are a few missed field goals, and accepted penalties from being a one-loss team being considered for the CFP. Does this create some wiggle-room/bargaining power for the current team administration?

What are Boren, Castiglione and the most influential donors going to weigh in determining any action this off-season? Are these results worth nearly 10 million dollars a year in coaching salaries? Compensation should be dependent on current results. The ceiling has been hit in regards to pay.

This IS a downward spiral. Recruiting affects possible performance, which equates into wins/losses, which affects the ability to recruit TOP talent. Grasping at DGB and Deedee Westbrook are firm proof of that. Expect more WR/DB JUCO transplants in the off-season. They will aggressively attempt to patch their recent recruiting deficiencies.

It's almost nut cutting time. I was ready to start fresh after the Baylor loss, I was ready to accept 2 or 3 years of suckage to get back to bigtime OU football. texico is going to be surging in the next 2 years and if they get up on us, just like TCU and Baylor have...I'm afraid we won't recover, EVER.

After observing the season as a whole and assessing EVERYTHING, I'm willing to go one more year with Bob. I'll give him a pass with the injuries and youth issues we currently have. But this is it. Get in next year's playoff or find another team to grow mediocre at. This should be the message sent to Bob & Co. by all parties involved with their "retainment" as staff.

/rant & go basketball

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are some quotes from yesterday:

“There’s a thin line between winning and losing, and we’ve been on the wrong side of that thin line a few times this year,” said OU’s Aaron Ripkowski, who scored three touchdowns. “We’re all heartbroken.”

Ruined his special day of playing such a big part of the offense, really sucks for him.

“We’ve been on the wrong end of some tight games this year,” OU defensive coordinator Mike Stoops said."

Almost isn't good enough Mike.

“We’re not ending up on the right side of things,” OU offensive coordinator Josh Heupel said. “Obviously, there were some disappointments in tight games that we ended up on the wrong side.”

It's not a coin-flip Josh. Don't try to make it sound like one.

“Obviously, we’re not executing good enough in our pass game,” Heupel said.

Really?

“It was our inability to match up and make a play,” Mike Stoops said.

You don't say?

They were tight games. We are a few missed field goals, and accepted penalties from being a one-loss team being considered for the CFP. Does this create some wiggle-room/bargaining power for the current team administration?

What are Boren, Castiglione and the most influential donors going to weigh in determining any action this off-season? Are these results worth nearly 10 million dollars a year in coaching salaries? Compensation should be dependent on current results. The ceiling has been hit in regards to pay.

This IS a downward spiral. Recruiting affects possible performance, which equates into wins/losses, which affects the ability to recruit TOP talent. Grasping at DGB and Deedee Westbrook are firm proof of that. Expect more WR/DB JUCO transplants in the off-season. They will aggressively attempt to patch their recent recruiting deficiencies.

It's almost nut cutting time. I was ready to start fresh after the Baylor loss, I was ready to accept 2 or 3 years of suckage to get back to bigtime OU football. texico is going to be surging in the next 2 years and if they get up on us, just like TCU and Baylor have...I'm afraid we won't recover, EVER.

After observing the season as a whole and assessing EVERYTHING, I'm willing to go one more year with Bob. I'll give him a pass with the injuries and youth issues we currently have. But this is it. Get in next year's playoff or find another team to grow mediocre at. This should be the message sent to Bob & Co. by all parties involved with their "retainment" as staff.

/rant & go basketball

I was with you up until the red. The only way I wouldn't push Bob out RIGHT NOW is if he made wholesale changes in the coaching staff. New OC New DC, not co defensive bull shit, get rid of them, cut the dead weight in the assistants, get new blood everywhere, and that's it. If he doesn't do that, then he isn't serious and has no intentions of changing, which means getting worse and worse every year. You are exactly right about recruiting and its starting to show up bad. It's more than a 1 year fix at this point, but if it doesn't happen RIGHT NOW, it wont happen at all under Bob.