• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Buster Olney's WS Prediction: PIRATES vs MARINERS

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed with PV.

You need to fix your quotes, though. :)

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed with PV.

You need to fix your quotes, though. :)
Yeah, I can be a fuck up some time.
Bottom line: when your team scores 10 more runs and gives up 200 runs less, the hero of your team is the pitching, not the offense. You're right. Football-first sports fans should not try to talk about baseball. It's too mentally taxing for them.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I agree with PV also.

It seems to me that a lot of people can be very easily swayed by what they hear on espn and in the media and don't draw their own conclusions. A lot of things have to go incredibly well and a lot of other things have to stay as good as they were.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not taking any sides in this, but as of now, the m's have the #11 payroll for 2015. i made a crack about us never cracking the top 10 again, but i guess i was wrong. glad of it, too.

LOL. I didn't realize #11 was in the top 10? :scratch: :pound:

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. I didn't realize #11 was in the top 10? :scratch: :pound:
I can't imagine them staying out of the top 10 much longer. I stated it as though it would never happen just a couple weeks ago.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look where their money is designated towards is my problem, they are only cracking the top 20 because of 5 guys (though you shouldn't count Rodney) They don't need to be tops in payroll, but they should spread it out throughout the entire roster not just top heavy and pray to god the rest have career years. IMO, they operate this organization like my college football team, spend boat loads in stuff that should help recruit guys and make them better but don't spend any money on the guys who can make those recruits better.

Using my college football analogy an organization with these fans, that much money, the great ballpark should have to rely on transfers.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, the only youngster we have had to really pay is Seager. That will change very soon if we want to keep Ackley and others, and if we don't, since we have horse shit on the farm, we'll still have to pay more even for crappy free agents to play outfield.

Since the team can't seem to draft much position free agent talent, and Jack Z gets raped on trades most of the time, the only option is to overspend for free agents like Cano and Cruz to come.

I'm great with the way the money is being spent right now. Just wish that whatever we offered Cabrera would've gone though.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with baseball its all about making the playoffs division leaders or homefield advantage doesnt matter, in a one game wild card situation I think we can beat anyone with felix pitching. The A's lost jon lester and cespedes, Texas lost darvish for the season and the angels still got the drug addict trying to recover but they still have a pretty good team even without him we have a great shot at winning the West

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I laugh at all these W.S. predictions. I still don't see us as much improved. Maybe the rest of the field took a step back. If that is the case, then I guess it is possible. I would rather us being the underdog.
I've seen a bunch of magazines that had predicted the M's to go as far as the ALCS. But one thing I've learned is that it's one thing to hype up a team; it's another for them to live up to said hype, which as long as we have the front office that we do...well, we'll see. Still a long way to go to make those pompous asses go cower in a corner and huddle in fear.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
redundant post

so n/m