• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Burns a shark!

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
the other key thing about burns is that he can handle 25+ mins/game. In fact, by the end of the year last year, he was playing 27+ regularly. That is a huge huge force and he is the kind of player that can take alot of the pressure off of danny boyle and limit his minutes to 22-24 per game. Also, dougie could be active at the deadline to land another solid Dman if braun doesnt develop as hoped.

Next year, the sharks are now a better team. Beyond that, who knows, but at least they are better now than they were at the end of last year IMO.

ads_2006

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
hey, when mitchell scores that one goal

they are fucking epic :p

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first reaction is that I like this trade. Coyle and that 1st rounder isn't going to help the Sharks win for another 3 years. Burns helps now. They got a top 4 dman that's mobile and has good size. You have to give to get. The first rounder is nothing to me, like rules said, the Sharks never hit with the late first rounder. No reason to think they would this season. I actually would have rather traded Pavs.

Boyle-Burns
Demers-Vlasic
Braun-Murray

That's a solid mobile top 4. Not great, but solid. The strength of the team is still in the forwards.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah, dude.. we heard it already... he thinks McGinn/Desjardens/Ferreiro/Vesce are those "top forwards".

He doesn't have much else that we haven't seen yet...

Oh and don't forget the greatness that is Torrey Fuckin' Mitchell is still there and ready to "step up" and chip in with his monster 1G/year... :L

hahaha... I get your frustration for sure, though seto was expendable, as sad as it is. the top 6 are there in heater, jumbo, gutless, cooch, pavs, and clowe.

However dougie has money to add another key forward or two now because burns is likely a 5-6M defenseman playing at just 3.5M, so it's a good value play for the Sharks as well. The Defense is better than before and as of now, the forwards are worse, but hopefully dougie will be wise with his remaining money.

p.s.: White might get 5M on the open market this year. I dont blame dougie for not giving him that kind of money.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one single tiny positive I can draw from all this is... maybe it'll help Heatler remember how to score some fucking goals here and there and pretend like he belongs in the NHL... assuming he's moved back up to Thornton's line.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the deal. Peeps bitched about the Boyle deal too. Our time is now and we have been bitching about our D for years. Burns is borderline elite. An NHL unproven prospect, a pick, and an inconsistent overpaid winger is fine with me.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add Regehr and our D is dope.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add Regehr and our D is dope.

That shouldn't be hard... didn't someone say he waived his NTC to come to SJ (just before Burns trade was announced)?

But doesn't he have a big-ish cap hit? What do you send the other way?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Spector said he'd probably be down with joining us, he doesn't want to go to the Sabres as of now. He's pulling down 4 mill per.

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That shouldn't be hard... didn't someone say he waived his NTC to come to SJ (just before Burns trade was announced)?

But doesn't he have a big-ish cap hit? What do you send the other way?

just send thornton.. fuck it :L

Bowlby

The DON
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
if this gets us a Stanley Cup will everyone still hate it?? I dont like it, unless we iwn a cup and sign Burns long term.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can fit that no problem.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If regehr comes, it will be for cheap since it would basically be cap relief for calgary and not much more. I certianly wouldnt mind seeing murray moved now that they have another big physical defenseman. Murray's immobility and inept passing were blatantly exposed by vancouver's faster forwards. I love the big hits and it's so much fun to watch, but I just dont think murray is necesary and at 2.5M, he's not that cheap given him ice time and role. Regehr would be a nice replacement I think. Maybe dougie can make a move with murray and even more of the future? Does petrecki still have any value cuz I wouldnt mind losing him?

Bowlby

The DON
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
the onyly part of the trade i dont like is that its gotta hurt seto after just re-signing, i followed him on twitter, and you could really tell he loved SJ, loyalty in sports is hard to find, and the sahrks seem to have some pretty loyal players, sucks not being able to repay him for it.

Bowlby

The DON
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wouldnt give Murray up, i love the guy, he plays his damn heart out.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray is OK at $2.5M for what he does... don't get carried away.

Regehr isn't really needed, on second thought.. And $4M is too much... would be better spent on getting a winger who can play in the NHL to help with the 3rd/4th lines.