• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Panthers Trade EDGE Brian Burns to Giants for 2nd and 5th Rd Picks; Giants Extend for 5/150M

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's $87.5M over 3 years with the 1st 2 and a bit years guaranteed, (and the rest of the 3rd year being guaranteed in 2 later stages), then it's a solid deal. The 4th and 5th years might end up being irrelevant. However the Giants are still going to be paying something for those years. The Panthers didn't want to pay him and they were only going to get a 3rd round compensatory pick in 2025 if they let him go. It doesn't seem like they were asking for much. It's more than the Rams got for Ramsey but he was a $20M per year player. It's business, but no fun if you're a Panthers fan.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one of the dumbest moves of this offseason. This dork is getting paid like one of the best in the league when he's nowhere close. I get you had to endure the shit show that is the Panthers, but seriously? Giants should just give Daniel Jones another $200M while they're at it...

Good job NFC East fans that root for Dallas, Philly, and the Washington Football team... I guess you guys have an irrelevant division opponent now.

One of the dumbest free agency moves of today. Colby Parksinson to the Rams comes in at a distant second which is saying something because it's 2 years less, didn't require any draft ammo, and the Rams actually have a competent head coach...

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one of the dumbest moves of this offseason. This dork is getting paid like one of the best in the league when he's nowhere close. I get you had to endure the shit show that is the Panthers, but seriously? Giants should just give Daniel Jones another $200M while they're at it...

Good job NFC East fans that root for Dallas, Philly, and the Washington Football team... I guess you guys have an irrelevant division opponent now.

One of the dumbest free agency moves of today. Colby Parksinson to the Rams comes in at a distant second which is saying something because it's 2 years less, didn't require any draft ammo, and the Rams actually have a competent head coach...
Irrelevant divisional opponent? That ain't shit, homey. I root for a team that's fuckin irrelevant.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irrelevant divisional opponent? That ain't shit, homey. I root for a team that's fuckin irrelevant.
Technically...

...you root for several teams that are f**king irrelevant. Potentially even a multitude or a plethora. :heh:

(Just kidding).

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love it when the two bottom feeder teams make a trade. Good for Burns to make some cash but basically dumpster diving or more appropriately, dumpster fire diving. Got paid but likely wishing he gets to play in a decent organization at some point with a winning culture.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno, I think this might be one of the smarter moves by the Giants. It's potentially an overpay, sure, but they got a good player at a priority position. They now look to have Kayvon Thibodeaux, Dexter Lawrence and Brian Burns locked up for the forseeable future on the DL. That's pretty good.

The rest of their defense looks to be pretty suspect IMO, but they appear to be prioritizing the right position.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love it when the two bottom feeder teams make a trade. Good for Burns to make some cash but basically dumpster diving or more appropriately, dumpster fire diving. Got paid but likely wishing he gets to play in a decent organization at some point with a winning culture.
The Giants have had a pretty solid FA. They could be a vastly improved team if they nail the draft.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Technically...

...you root for several teams that are f**king irrelevant. Potentially even a multitude or a plethora. :heh:

(Just kidding).
Heh. No shit. Both the Halos n Ducks haven't busted a grape since winning the title/cup in their respected sports.

And don't even get me started on the Skins.