• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bunch of good teams in the NFC

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The feeling around here is the team simply does not want to commit to paying him market value and will somehow find a way to lose him. That should be obvious by their offers to date. It was smart to retain him with the first tag, questions remained. But by now he has certainly proven to be in the 2nd level of QBs and those guys are damned hard to find.

With SF trading for Jimmy thry may be out of the Cousins chase. Imagine if the Giants sign him.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With SF trading for Jimmy thry may be out of the Cousins chase. Imagine if the Giants sign him.

Giants, Skins, Cardinals, Browns, Jags, Bills, Dolphins, Jets, Saints will all check in on him if not tagged.

Also I could see the Colts, Pats, and Steelers looking at him. Luck could be done, Brady is a long shot to not be back but possible, and Ben already talked about retirement once.

Saints are the most interesting to me. Brees money comes off the books and Kirk would probably be cheaper per year.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants, Skins, Cardinals, Browns, Jags, Bills, Dolphins, Jets, Saints will all check in on him if not tagged.

Also I could see the Colts, Pats, and Steelers looking at him. Luck could be done, Brady is a long shot to not be back but possible, and Ben already talked about retirement once.

Saints are the most interesting to me. Brees money comes off the books and Kirk would probably be cheaper per year.
All possibles with the exception. I see the Jimmy trade as the team believes Brady has at least 3 years left. If they didn't they'd have kept Jimmy and let Brady walk in 2018.
Now if course they could be pre-planning for a complete teardown and rebuild.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't kept up with what the offers of late have been. I heard that early on he was lowballed and asked for a reasonable pay (thinking it was 3 years at $17m per) and now he is pissed and so they are going to have to pay the "you pissed me off surcharge".

Hard to really know. You are right, he was agreeable to a deal that would be a steal now a few years ago. But the team rightfully still had questions. So they bought time and franchised him, something I was totally on board with. But by the middle of last season it was pretty obvious he was pretty good. So this last off season instead of recognizing this the brilliant Redskins made him an offer that was nowhere near market value which had been established with the new deals in Oakland and Detroit.

Not sure if he's really pissed or doesn't want to be here as many believe. He simply wants market value and there's not a damned thing wrong with that at all. So the team better figure out they need to do that or go back to 4-12.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Redskins lose Cousins to [insert team here] & they go out & sign Kaep for next year! :dance::yes: :dance:
it has Dan Synder written all over it!!!!

Eli stays in Giantville!!!

:heh: :heh: :heh:

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure what all the battling over Wentz & Dak is.

Both teams knocked it out of the park on drafting their QBs!

Only difference is the Eagles did it with their home run hitter (top of 1st round)
while the cowboys did it with the back part of their batting line up

Swish! nothing but net!

hows that for mixing sports Verizon!

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it sucks.

I thought the AFC would be the deep conference, and the NFC would struggle.

When the Bears got to 3-4 and beat BAL and then CAR handily. With an inviting 2nd half schedule (outside of Philly), I thought maybe they could perhaps play some meaningful football into December. Not looking that way anymore, unless Minnesota succumbs to a tough schedule and falls apart again this year down the stretch.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simply pointing out that Wentz has performed as well or better than Dak and he is not surrounded by as much help. No need to take my comment so personally son.
personally? not at all.
I tend to address football clueless statements.
In the NFL, good QB's make an offense, not 3 solid oline guys and a RB.

Point remains...Dallas fans have heard it for decades. Aikman benefitted from the players around him. Emmitt too, if you listen to the Dallas haters.
Team sport....no negative points for having solid players around the QB.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Cousins, with Jimmy G in San Fran and Goff no longer being pure suck in LA, it's kind of easy to see Cousins staying actually at this point assuming the money is offered.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you relay that to the dumb ass Redskins fans who don't think he is worth a big deal? They apparently missed the day in school when Supply and Demand was covered.

Bunch of freaking idiots is who I am surrounded by.

If matt stafford is worth ............

Never mind.

I would be all in on KC if I was a skinz fan.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile in the AFC, they only have two divisions with at least two winning teams. You have to earn it in the NFC.