• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bunch of good teams in the NFC

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season the Eagles line has outplayed Dallas, and as grest as Dallas line is, it's hasn't been the best on pass protection.

Yup....you are right. The Cowboys lost a couple pieces this off season and IIRC the moved one lineman to another spot. So while still very good I don't think they are the best in the NFL any longer. I don't think the Eagles are either but I IMO the Eagles/Cowboys offensive lines are even.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever fellas. I'm done telling you how great the QBs on division rivals are.

Fuck em all. :)

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know better than me, when Im home and I happen to catch his show, it always just cracks me up that his first order of business is to defend and make excuses for any Cowboys loss, and downplay any win by the Giants/Eagles/Skins (when the Giants used to win)

I was dumb enough back in the early 90's to buy his book "God's Coach". Insipid 3rd person observations from start to finish with absolutely nothing of substance. I didn't waste my time with "The Boys". Fordman already referenced an item (Bayless' assertion that Aikman was gay) from "Hell Bent". He didn't reference John Blake trying to accuse Aikman of being racist. Utter and complete garbage.

Every time I hear someone say Bayless is a Cowboys fan I cringe. He's a contemptible piece of shit. Why espen and now Fox deem his opinions of any value is beyond me. But I'm a Cowboys fan. What the hell do I know?

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever fellas. I'm done telling you how great the QBs on division rivals are.

Fuck em all. :)

I am not one that soured on Cousins. I also think he can be elite. I think he is doing pretty good given the shit receivers he is stuck with.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dak/Carson debate will be fun to have over the years. Both are going to be studs and to be honest I think they are the future faces of the NFL QB. Add Goff and you could very well have the next Peyton/Brady/Rodgers.

Over the past week I have watched a lot of NFL analysts from Chris Carter to Skip Bayless and it is easy to spot the Cowboys fans among NFL analysts. They have all downplayed what the Eagles did to the Broncos. All of a sudden the Broncos are not a good football team and the Eagles did not really do anything special. That is just laughable. The Broncos defense are very bit as good as advertised IMO. When you take a close look all their games you can see the defense did the job. The offense just shit the bed. Take the Chiefs game for instance. The score was 29-19 and that loss was not on the defense. The Defense gave up one offensive touchdown. They actually did a good job against the Chiefs but the offense did nothing to help them. The Eagles are the only team to get more than 275 yards of total offense on the Broncos. In fact most teams barely cracked 250 but that offense is just so bad the defense can't hide it.

Was the Bronco's game a fluke or was it a sign of how good the Eagles offense really is. After last week the Broncos dropped to the 2nd ranked defense behind the Panthers. The Eagles have faced the two best defenses in the NFL and performed well against both of them. So in my opinion the offense is as good as advertised.

Seems more you are hung up on what analysts say and for some reason any of them that talk bad about Philly or good about Dallas bothers you as you've brought this up a couple of times already. I'm not one to look at one game or a common opponent so I'll let you do that with Denver. One could talk about how the Cowboys dominated KC and the Eagles lost to them. I don't really care. It's one game. Eagles have been better this year NO DOUBT. 90% plus chance they win the division and they deserve it. It would take a total breakdown to not win it at this point. How many teams with a winning record have they beaten so far? I think they are looking at a season like Dallas had last year where their record is better than their talent. But who cares? If they win 13 games they shouldn't give a shit whether other fans or Skip Bayless think they are good or not.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having the best OL in football was omitted here for some reason. Dak benefits greatly from that.
The Cowboys line has been great the last couple of weeks. But before that they weren't playing anywhere near the level that people seem to think. Dak was under constant pressure. The run holes were minimal. Penalties in big spots hurt them. Martin is the best OG in Football but wasn't plying like it. Frederick was actually bad for a few games which is crazy because he is so consistent and technically sound. I understand a Redskin fan is going to make any excuse possible to avoid saying a Dallas QB is as good as he seems to be and that is fine with me. I look forward to hearing the only reason Dak wins a SB and makes the HOF is because of his OL.:thumb:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In more important news

Is Dez playing?

Is Terrance Williams or Cole Beasley the better pickup if he doesnt?

I wouldnt use either. Cole Beasley has 150 total yards in 8 games. Williams almost had that last week.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying these guys are Peyton and Brady, but back in the day, Indy fans would never trade Peyton for Brady, and New England fans would never trade Brady for Peyton

I think thats we are with Dak and Wentz, this comparison is likely to last throughout their entire careers, and the one that wins a SB will probably be judged as the better QB
And since they are different types of QBs who won't have teh same numbers or offense it will always be difficult to compare them which will make the "argument" continue until one (Wentz of course) fails miserably:suds:

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not one that soured on Cousins. I also think he can be elite. I think he is doing pretty good given the shit receivers he is stuck with.
Can you relay that to the dumb ass Redskins fans who don't think he is worth a big deal? They apparently missed the day in school when Supply and Demand was covered.

Bunch of freaking idiots is who I am surrounded by.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you relay that to the dumb ass Redskins fans who don't think he is worth a big deal? They apparently missed the day in school when Supply and Demand was covered.

Bunch of freaking idiots is who I am surrounded by.

Is cousins elite? No. Could he be with a good line, good RB, and good WR's? Yes. Is he most likely going to end up being in the 5-10 range of top QB's which in the current NFL warrants overpaying? I think so.

Or the Skins can let him go and roll the dice on finding another QB in the draft or someones cast away. Skins are in a tough spot but if they lose Cousins then the next year and maybe two should be tanking/rebuilding years. Trade anything on the current team for picks and try to reload.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is cousins elite? No. Could he be with a good line, good RB, and good WR's? Yes. Is he most likely going to end up being in the 5-10 range of top QB's which in the current NFL warrants overpaying? I think so.

Or the Skins can let him go and roll the dice on finding another QB in the draft or someones cast away. Skins are in a tough spot but if they lose Cousins then the next year and maybe two should be tanking/rebuilding years. Trade anything on the current team for picks and try to reload.

They've been looking for a QB this good for 30 years. The Bears have been looking for a QB this good since leather helmets. We won't even discuss the Cleveland Browns. If they allow him to walk to save $5 mil in cap space I'll be so pissed.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've been looking for a QB this good for 30 years. The Bears have been looking for a QB this good since leather helmets. We won't even discuss the Cleveland Browns. If they allow him to walk to save $5 mil in cap space I'll be so pissed.

That's pretty much my thinking too. I wonder if Kirk could be the first player to either A) play on a third franchise tag or B) be the first player to sign a percentage based contract. I know that the league and owners have been dead-set against it but someone has to be the first and Kirk holds so much power right now I'd love to see him do it. Sign a contract that pays 15% of the cap each year.

Think how much easier that would be for eveyrone.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty much my thinking too. I wonder if Kirk could be the first player to either A) play on a third franchise tag or B) be the first player to sign a percentage based contract. I know that the league and owners have been dead-set against it but someone has to be the first and Kirk holds so much power right now I'd love to see him do it. Sign a contract that pays 15% of the cap each year.

Think how much easier that would be for eveyrone.

The feeling around here is the team simply does not want to commit to paying him market value and will somehow find a way to lose him. That should be obvious by their offers to date. It was smart to retain him with the first tag, questions remained. But by now he has certainly proven to be in the 2nd level of QBs and those guys are damned hard to find.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not ready to call any of the 3 elite, but if Cousins stays in DC there 3 franchise QBs in the NFCE.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The feeling around here is the team simply does not want to commit to paying him market value and will somehow find a way to lose him. That should be obvious by their offers to date. It was smart to retain him with the first tag, questions remained. But by now he has certainly proven to be in the 2nd level of QBs and those guys are damned hard to find.

I haven't kept up with what the offers of late have been. I heard that early on he was lowballed and asked for a reasonable pay (thinking it was 3 years at $17m per) and now he is pissed and so they are going to have to pay the "you pissed me off surcharge".

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not ready to call any of the 3 elite, but if Cousins stays in DC there 3 franchise QBs in the NFCE.
So that would give the NFCE:
3 franchise QB's
1 franchise RB (zeke)
2 franchise OL's (DAL and PHL)
1.5 franchise WR's (OBJ and .5 for Dez)
2.5 franchise Defenses (NYG, PHL, and .5 Wash)
and ST's are what they are.

If only for a defense in Dallas :pout:

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will be wearing red next year. :rolleyes2: