• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bucs @ Seahawks Week 9

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, despite the need for a defibrillator every time I watch a game, I have to say that was damn entertaining at the end. Watching RW teach a master class in clutchness, we are quite fortunate.
I don't know what the fuck it is with kickers though. 7 fucking points flushed down the drain. I'm not really surprised by Tampa giving us a close fight either. They have a good offense and can compete with anyone when Winston isn't giving the ball away.
Fantastic game by Lockett. And a good game by Metcalf as well. If I ever run into one of these idiots that yap about Seattle having shitty receiving, I will seriously punch them in the face. Our guys can ball with anyone in the league because we have the best QB (currently playing) in football. The addition of Gordon can only help. And fucking fantastic that the young TE got to catch the game winner. The kid played great today.
All in all, I'm pretty happy. I'm resigned to the fact that our defense just isn't all that good but they actually held their own in the 2nd half for the most part. They were pretty fatigued at the end.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the Hawks showed the identity of what they are built for this game. An explosive PASS FIRST offense and i know it goes against what Pete wants to play BUT when Wilson is your QB the risk is much lower than almost EVERY OTHER QB in the NFL. They were passing at will and it opened up the running game. 120+ yards rushing and almost 400 passing and 5 TD passes by Wilson. Throw in Gordon into the WR Mix and just ball out and run against those 5 or 6 man fronts not the 7 or 8 man fronts lol.

Carson needs to understand how to switch the ball in his hands. Just think about this for one second. When you are just playing pitch and catch with friends even you automatically put the ball in the off hand away from pressure. Carson doesn't!

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some positives:
  • Down 21-7 and we come back to win it in OT
  • Carson ran for over 100 yds against the best rush defense in the NFL
  • RW with 5 TD passes, while dropping dimes left and right in clutch moments... MVP leader
  • DK is growing up quickly... He continues to become a major contributor in each game
  • OL protected RW and opened up running lanes for CC... Great game by the OL as well...
  • Speaking of OL, looks like we didn't miss a beat with Joey Hunt taking over at the C position

Not going to talk much about the negatives because we all know them... Defense and Kicker...

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on Hunt at C. Played a solid game after struggling in his first outing. Decent play by the entire Oline when it mattered most.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lockett is the new Largent! he just keeps showing he has amazing hands every game every year. He has amazing awareness getting open on big 3rd downs and pulling in clutch catches, finding the right spots to sit and always being in Russell's eyesight on broken plays. This is so awesome to see.

Loved Baldwin but Lockett is better.

DK Metcalf is just WOW! he doesn't play like a rookie AT ALL. He is aware of everything it seems and he showed the smarts on it getting out of bounds to help set the team up for the game winning FG that our kicker choked on. Metcalf is a grown man not just physically but mentally. He is going to be a superstar WR that is going to be a beast to cover.

Time to start using two EXTREMELY talented players more. These guys plus Russell just are beasts as a trio.

Last edited:

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lockett is the new Largent! he just keeps showing he has amazing hands every game every year. He has amazing awareness getting open on big 3rd downs and pulling in clutch catches, finding the right spots to sit and always being in Russell's eyesight on broken plays. This is so awesome to see.

Loved Baldwin but Lockett is better.

I agree with 90%... in the end, I think you will be correct. Need to see more before I push Largent & Baldwin from that pedestal.

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seven and two is damn good.

the next four games are all in prime time. We rock in prime time

We always get better as the season progresses

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with 90%... in the end, I think you will be correct. Need to see more before I push Largent & Baldwin from that pedestal.

i did not say he was better than Largent lol i would never say that and Baldwin was great i just think Lockett is special and has a nack more so than Baldwin did to just be special. It's like he could be that guy every game if they just let him be! he is money just like Wilson and every bit like Baldwin was.

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i did not say he was better than Largent lol i would never say that and Baldwin was great i just think Lockett is special and has a nack more so than Baldwin did to just be special. It's like he could be that guy every game if they just let him be! he is money just like Wilson and every bit like Baldwin was.

hell I Think Metcalf is going to be special

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think we are on the same page. No need to argue in the finer details. I really think when history judges the Seahawks, the Wilson to Lockett connection will be the best in NFL history.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are on the same page. No need to argue in the finer details. I really think when history judges the Seahawks, the Wilson to Lockett connection will be the best in NFL history.

Was not arguing was just making my statement more clear as to what i meant by it.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hell I Think Metcalf is going to be special

Go back and look at what i said about Metcalf after what i said about Lockett in the same post. :P

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No who was not even bringing Russell Wilson UP in the talk for MVP?

After the game Babs and the other dude we’re taking about it, I can’t say specifically, but they were saying they dogged Russ and didn’t mention him...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens look to be for real. This is the #1 offense and Defense in the NFL they are going against.