• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bucs @ Seahawks Week 9

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Finger" w/ the pick...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens actually made it look easy against the #1 offense and #1 Defense in the NFL. The crowed chanting MVP for Jackson now. Nah man that should be firmly in Wilson's house right now. He Looks really good though for a rookie but this is really the first time teams have seen this new offense and teams will adjust sooner or later and figure it out.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens actually made it look easy against the #1 offense and #1 Defense in the NFL. The crowed chanting MVP for Jackson now. Nah man that should be firmly in Wilson's house right now. He Looks really good though for a rookie but this is really the first time teams have seen this new offense and teams will adjust sooner or later and figure it out.

Hawks defense held the Ravens O even with Lamar Jackson running circles. The offense badly stumbled letting the Ravens off the hook.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Definitely MVP leader is RW... Also, Lamar is not a rookie... He played last year... He played in 2018...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely MVP leader is RW... Also, Lamar is not a rookie... He played last year... He played in 2018...

Well yeah but i still look at him as a rookie. Ok let me change that to " First year starting QB."

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Metcalf OROY? Too soon? I know Minshew has done great but he just laid an egg in London. Metcalf meanwhile is on pace for 1,000 yards and several TDs...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Metcalf OROY? Too soon? I know Minshew has done great but he just laid an egg in London. Metcalf meanwhile is on pace for 1,000 yards and several TDs...

his numbers make him top 2 for Rookie WR's but OROY? nah i don't think he gets it unless he gets a lot more TD's. Right now i would say it's between Josh Jacobs, Kyler Murray, Gardner Minshew who just had a awful game, Daniel Jones and Terry McLaurin. Those are the betting favorites right now. I think DK got himself into the top 5 of that now though.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Possibly... He's definitely been putting his name into the hat the past few weeks...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Metcalf is a fucking stud and can win almost any one on one. He needs more targets.

Hell he could end up being OROY.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a bit unnerving to once again see us pave the way for a couple early TDs for the opponent with our errors. Bobby's boneheaded roughing was the worst. I just don't expect him to make such a dumb play. That was a 3rd down stop, and they get a TD on the very next snap. Then you have a fairly easy pick bounce off Blair's hands and get scooped for another TD? That's at least 8 points from our charity. 4 more in the first half we didn't get as well because our kicker cannot overcome the mental challenge of the north end zone.

Speaking of Myers, ever hear Danny O'Neill's spoiled milk analogy with kickers? There's no doubt he's going to be talking about that this morning after Myers misses 3 more kicks yesterday. It's looking more like last season was an outlier. If there's one good aspect about it, maybe it will have us be a little more aggressive in plus territory since we know we have a shaky kicker. Maybe.

Great games by 3, 14, and 16. Hollister too, which was huge with how thin we are at TE and with Luke W getting dinged a bit early. Carson had a pretty good day against the league's best run D, but he just has to put that ball in the outside had on that breakaway. It was easy to see that fumble coming on that play.

Just don't know what to make of the D. There's way too much talent for it to be so lackluster. Our secondary gets criticized quite a bit, but they get no help up front with any kind of pressure on the passer. It's like we are allergic to QBs.

I think we'll have a shot vs SF. They are gonna lose at some point, and if AZ can come within a FG then we can pull one out in a big divisional matchup. Kittle is banged up as well, which is a huge break if he's out there much less than 100%. Our OL will have to come to play.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just don't know what to make of the D. There's way too much talent for it to be so lackluster. Our secondary gets criticized quite a bit, but they get no help up front with any kind of pressure on the passer. It's like we are allergic to QBs..

That's so true, which is why I believe it's the scheme we're running and I think Norton is struggling calling the right plays... Coaches aren't doing a good enough job changing things up to fit the talent we have... When the announcers are basically saying what's wrong with our defense but our coaches can't seem to figure it out? The zone w/ 3 LB"s is just getting picked a part between the 20's... They're very good in the RZ, with a shorter field but between the 20's? That scheme is just getting picked apart...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's so true, which is why I believe it's the scheme we're running and I think Norton is struggling calling the right plays... Coaches aren't doing a good enough job changing things up to fit the talent we have... When the announcers are basically saying what's wrong with our defense but our coaches can't seem to figure it out? The zone w/ 3 LB"s is just getting picked a part between the 20's... They're very good in the RZ, with a shorter field but between the 20's? That scheme is just getting picked apart...

When the announcers? Hell basically everyone on this forum has been saying that the 3 linebacker 4-3 constantly rush 4 with zero blitz packages EVERY DOWN is bogus.

Norton is terrible, we need a change of scenery.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the 3 LB/zone thing, do we just not have confidence in the nickel DB like we did with Coleman? Are we just that in love with both Kendricks & KJ? Kendricks has played well recently, but I didn't think he had a great start to the year.

The real problem is DE though. We are getting maybe less than zero from Ansah. The sack numbers aren't there for Clowney, but I'm happy with what he's doing -- impacting the game in multiple ways consistently. On the whole, this DL has been huge letdown.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the 3 LB/zone thing, do we just not have confidence in the nickel DB like we did with Coleman? Are we just that in love with both Kendricks & KJ? Kendricks has played well recently, but I didn't think he had a great start to the year.

The real problem is DE though. We are getting maybe less than zero from Ansah. The sack numbers aren't there for Clowney, but I'm happy with what he's doing -- impacting the game in multiple ways consistently. On the whole, this DL has been huge letdown.

Ya, I had waaaaay bigger expectations for the kind of pressure we'd be applying once Ziggy got healthy and Reed came back, but so far they've been a let down.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lamar Jackson is going down the exact same road as RGlll in my opinion. It's just a matter of time with his style of play until he gets a bad knee or ankle injury. He's a fun guy to watch but my worry for him is that it's just not sustainable in this league. Hell, even Mahomes is learning that lesson right now.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar Jackson is going down the exact same road as RGlll in my opinion. It's just a matter of time with his style of play until he gets a bad knee or ankle injury. He's a fun guy to watch but my worry for him is that it's just not sustainable in this league. Hell, even Mahomes is learning that lesson right now.

100% spot on, and nobody else can see it. I called RG3s style of play bustworthy and sure enough that happened. My 'racism' got brought up in the thread with the Pats/Ravens last night. :L

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Outside of the Dog Fight issue, Vick's body was breaking down as well... In the NFL, it's just not a sustainable part of the game for a QB...

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was watching that game last night and thinking it's not so much when things break down and he improvises but more of those so-called designed runs. I don't see the point in those and he always seems to take bigger hits on them to me. I don't see anything but bad coming from that. You can't crash your sportscar on the freeway time after time and expect to walk away. And he still throws ugly balls most of the time. The kid is dynamic for sure and obviously has intangibles like the will to win but it can't last, imo.