• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BS Thread

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh boy, you want bacon specifics? I don't know. :noidea: Haha. Good bacon? :P They should have a brand called " or "Great" so that for example it would be Good Bacon or Great Bacon because then when anyone says it, they have to compliment it. I took an intellectual property course and I seem to remember that you can't trademark descriptive words like that - or maybe you can but cannot sue anyone on it so it's pointless. I got a good grade in the class, but not an A - and you can see based upon my blurriness of the rule.

By-the-way, you should try bacon fried rice. My wife's, not my mom's - she uses too little bacon and she cuts them too small - it's like eating rice alone with oil. But the odd thing is, she makes everything else really well. She makes Indian food well, Chinese food well, etc. But bacon fried rice? Eh, it's ok.

She's great with everybody, better with family. She's a happy girl. Probably much smarter and social than I was when I was her age. Definitely much prettier, but I don't want to be "pretty."

Thanks.

(I couldn't think of a good funny response.)

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a trade proposal:

The Midwest Division trades with the Pacific Division Portland for Phoenix. Then, coastal teams are reunited.

Midwest Division? There hasn't been one since 2003-2004.

Do you also use a 2400 baud modem to connect to the internet?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Midwest Division? There hasn't been one since 2003-2004.

Do you also use a 2400 baud modem to connect to the internet?

Time warp! I don't know what you are talking about. Editing my post when you quote me is not cool. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a trade proposal:

The Northwest Division trades with the Pacific Division Portland for Phoenix. Then, coastal teams are reunited.

Then, the Northwest Division trades Oklahoma City and Minnesota to the Eastern Conference for a bag of potato chips. Then, Easterner teams are in the East.

Having second thoughts about the first trade, because we'd hate to break up the LA-Phoenix absurd rivalry (now that Nash is on the Lakers), we then trade Phoenix back to the Pacific Division for some seven layer dip.

Then we trade Denver to the Southwest Division because it would be unfair for the Pacific Division to have more teams that the Southwest Division.

Division winners get the first four seeds and automatic byes for the first two rounds of the playoffs. (Bottom four seeds duke it out.) Third seed gets bye in third round. Winner plays in Utah (this rotates every year). Don't tell anybody until playoffs start.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having second thoughts about the first trade, because we'd hate to break up the LA-Phoenix absurd rivalry (now that Nash is on the Lakers), we then trade Phoenix back to the Pacific Division for some seven layer dip.

You don't need to be in the same division to have a rivalry. You don't even need to be in the same conference.

Here are the Lakers biggest rivals:

* Boston
* Detroit
* San Antonio

* Phoenix (4-12 series record in the playoffs).

To me, rivalries are made with repeated playoffs encounters, and the Portland-Phoenix one is decent, with respective to how much success other teams have vs. the Lakers.

Portland-Lakers isn't a rivalry because Portland has a 2-9 record in playoffs series.

Jazz have a 2-4 record. Not enough series, not enough Jazz wins IMO.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then, the Northwest Division trades Oklahoma City and Minnesota to the Eastern Conference for a bag of potato chips. Then, Easterner teams are in the East.

Terrible post. You didn't say what brand of organic potato chips with sea salt that is being returned, nor how many ounces in the bag, nor the serving size.

You also didn't say what the ingredients in the bean dip were. What if you put molasses?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't need to be in the same division to have a rivalry. You don't even need to be in the same conference.

Here are the Lakers biggest rivals:

* Boston
* Detroit
* San Antonio

* Phoenix (4-12 series record in the playoffs).

To me, rivalries are made with repeated playoffs encounters, and the Portland-Phoenix one is decent, with respective to how much success other teams have vs. the Lakers.

Portland-Lakers isn't a rivalry because Portland has a 2-9 record in playoffs series.

Jazz have a 2-4 record. Not enough series, not enough Jazz wins IMO.

Oh, which reminds me, the new rule is that you have to be in the same division to be a rival. So now, the Lakers, Detroit, Phoenix, and Spurs are traded to the Eastern Conference into Boston's division (they have divisions in the Eastern Conference, too, right? ;)). Portland can stay in the Pacific, since you have deemed them not rival-worthy. But Phoenix must be in two different divisions, to maintain the Phoenix-Portland rivalry. Or would it be easier for Portland to be traded to Boston's division, too?

Since the Jazz do not have enough wins for your liking, we're trading all our playoff wins for the Lakers championships plus a few of them from Boston. Three team trade - whoever has fewer wins, gets ours. The other gets our potato chips and seven layer dip.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time warp! I don't know what you are talking about. Editing my post when you quote me is not cool. :)

What happened to your post that was above post # 12? Where did the post that I quoted go? It had to have been before post # 12.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a trade proposal:

The Northwest Division trades with the Pacific Division Portland for Phoenix. Then, coastal teams are reunited.

Then we trade Denver to the Southwest Division because it would be unfair for the Pacific Division to have more teams that the Southwest Division.

Division winners get the first four seeds and automatic byes for the first two rounds of the playoffs. (Bottom four seeds duke it out.) Third seed gets bye in third round. Winner plays in Utah (this rotates every year). Don't tell anybody until playoffs start.

So Utah is the only team in the division. Their championships would be deemed boring because they didn't have any rivals, since according to you rivals have to play in the division.

Do you want to enhance the stereotype of Utah being boring?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible post. You didn't say what brand of organic potato chips with sea salt that is being returned, nor how many ounces in the bag, nor the serving size.

You also didn't say what the ingredients in the bean dip were. What if you put molasses?

Terrible post, yourself. You didn't name the specifics you wanted, so now I get to choose. The chips are now half baked tortilla chips, non-organic, and the seven layer dip that would normally go well with tortilla chips is now purple mountain dew with raisins.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to your post that was above post # 12? Where did the post that I quoted go? It had to have been before post # 12.

Time warp. You are so adept at your message board skills that you anticipated a potential snafu by non-robotic individuals such as myself.

So Utah is the only team in the division. Their championships would be deemed boring because they didn't have any rivals, since according to you rivals have to play in the division.

Do you want to enhance the stereotype of Utah being boring?

'Tis out of my control. I'm sure Utah will survive with their tainted championships. They have to start somewhere. Now that we've traded our playoff wins for NBA Championships, we get the memories of Bill Russell, Magic Johnson, and Larry Bird to rival Jordan - and yes, we added Larry Bird to the Lakers, since having 4 HOF's wasn't enough. (Now that we have their championships, they are ringless, hence, not good enough, despite all of Utah's prior playoff wins, chips, and purple mountain dew with raisins.) Take that LA! And Boston, too - which was an intended casualty, but of which, I feel bad for. Losers!

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, which reminds me, the new rule is that you have to be in the same division to be a rival. So now, the Lakers, Detroit, Phoenix, and Spurs are traded to the Eastern Conference into Boston's division (they have divisions in the Eastern Conference, too, right? ;)). Portland can stay in the Pacific, since you have deemed them not rival-worthy. But Phoenix must be in two different divisions, to maintain the Phoenix-Portland rivalry. Or would it be easier for Portland to be traded to Boston's division, too?

Since the Jazz do not have enough wins for your liking, we're trading all our playoff wins for the Lakers championships plus a few of them from Boston. Three team trade - whoever has fewer wins, gets ours. The other gets our potato chips and seven layer dip.

I like having Portland in the division with the other 4 CA teams.

I called Sacramento-Seattle "The real I-5 rivalry", not Sacramento-Lakers.

Because the Kings and Seattle have met in the playoffs twice, and while the Kings never won, they were more competitive per series.

Also, since I-5 does go all the way up to Seattle, it's an even "greater" rivalry.

This all made more sense when they were all in the Pacific Division.

I wonder how many playoffs wins the Jazz have. I'm going to look it up.

The Jazz only have the 12th most wins, and only have 6 more playoffs wins than the Warriors! The Jazz, playoffs, and Warriors should never be in the same sentence!

Team Game Finder | Basketball-Reference.com

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like having Portland in the division with the other 4 CA teams.

I called Sacramento-Seattle "The real I-5 rivalry", not Sacramento-Lakers.

Because the Kings and Seattle have met in the playoffs twice, and while the Kings never won, they were more competitive per series.

Also, since I-5 does go all the way up to Seattle, it's an even "greater" rivalry.

This all made more sense when they were all in the Pacific Division.

I wonder how many playoffs wins the Jazz have. I'm going to look it up.

The Jazz only have the 12th most wins, and only have 6 more playoffs wins than the Warriors! The Jazz, playoffs, and Warriors should never be in the same sentence!

Team Game Finder | Basketball-Reference.com

Which makes me highly skeptical of your judgment, since you did it twice in the same paragraph.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible post, yourself. You didn't name the specifics you wanted, so now I get to choose. The chips are now half baked tortilla chips, non-organic, and the seven layer dip that would normally go well with tortilla chips is now purple mountain dew with raisins.

Purple mountain dew and raisins sound like heaven.

Do you remember Mountain Dew Code Red? I never tried it, but I remember the commercials.

Apparently they still make Code Red, and Live Wire, and other variants. I just don't think I've seen them, or maybe I don't pay attention.

I rarely buy soda at the grocery store (for myself).

I usually just buy a can from the vending machine, once every few weeks or months, when I need more energy.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purple mountain dew and raisins sound like heaven.

Do you remember Mountain Dew Code Red? I never tried it, but I remember the commercials.

Apparently they still make Code Red, and Live Wire, and other variants. I just don't think I've seen them, or maybe I don't pay attention.

I rarely buy soda at the grocery store (for myself).

I usually just buy a can from the vending machine, once every few weeks or months, when I need more energy.

Raisins do sound like heaven; well, more like heavens (the "ins" sounds rhyme). Or are you talking about auditory, because I've never heard heaven. I just don't think I've seen heaven, or maybe I don't pay attention.

Your sentence, depending on the punctuation could mean a few different things:

I just don't think. I've seen them. Or maybe I don't. Pay attention!
I just don't. Think (hmm...). I've seen them, or maybe I don't pay attention?
I just don't think I've seen them, or maybe I don't pay attention.

I still find it weird that you buy sodas at the grocery stores for other people. Me? I buy it for myself. I guess I'm just not as generous as you are. I never buy from a vending machine, I buy two liter bottles and at home I use them as a bottle - I separate mine from the guests so that they don't drink contaminated drinks.

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still find it weird that you buy sodas at the grocery stores for other people. Me? I buy it for myself. I guess I'm just not as generous as you are. I never buy from a vending machine, I buy two liter bottles and at home I use them as a bottle - I separate mine from the guests so that they don't drink contaminated drinks.

When my sister has parties, she has me stop by the store and buy sodas on the way over. Ice too.

If you want to separate your drinks, you can buy those wine glass bracelets. You put them at the bottom around the neck of the glass.

So that way, if someone puts down his or her glass, he/she can remember them later by the bracelet.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like sodas from cans, but beer from bottles.