• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bruce Arians retiring?

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The so-called experts are saying there will be a ton of coaching changes this year. If true, I can easily see this one. I felt Arians was a bit overrated anyways. Not terrible by any stretch, but this 'QB whisperer' or whatever? Nah.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Arians thing has been widely expected since he has had some health issues and they clearly need to rebuild.

The funny thing is, there are reports they may target Jim O'Brien if he gets fired by Houston. LOL!

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is, there are reports they may target Jim O'Brien if he gets fired by Houston. LOL!
Another incompetent head coach from the Bill Belichick tree.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but he could drop dead of a heart attack and still be a better choice than Jeff Fisher.

LOL, I would be surprised if Fisher ever gets another job as a HC in the NFL. I think he will try to get in somewhere as a defensive coordinator

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we will see a slew of guys under 35 coaching, with little to no experience. its the new wave. youth.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed overrated, but still made that team competitive. Decent coach when the pieces are in place but this team is facing a rebuild and I don't think Arians has what it takes to turn the team around.

This would be a good decision, whether Arians' health is a factor or not.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The so-called experts are saying there will be a ton of coaching changes this year. If true, I can easily see this one. I felt Arians was a bit overrated anyways. Not terrible by any stretch, but this 'QB whisperer' or whatever? Nah.

Knowing Bruce from his OC days in PIT. I was glad to see him get a shot...with a solid QB, I think his OFC works in the NFL, but when the triggerman is avg, he will struggle to win games.

I thought it was time to blow it up LY and go with a younger QB/HC. I think they convinced Fitz to give it another shot, and it backfired...Carson predictably got hurt again, David Johnson, etc, and it was hit or miss the rest of the way. That window has closed in AZ.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knowing Bruce from his OC days in PIT. I was glad to see him get a shot...with a solid QB, I think his OFC works in the NFL, but when the triggerman is avg, he will struggle to win games.

I thought it was time to blow it up LY and go with a younger QB/HC. I think they convinced Fitz to give it another shot, and it backfired...Carson predictably got hurt again, David Johnson, etc, and it was hit or miss the rest of the way. That window has closed in AZ.

His passing offense, especially with the Cards, was more 5/7 step drops and looking for the big play. It's great if the QB is obviously good, gets great protection and has shown the tendencies to be consistently on the field for his team. I didn't see much in a way of adapting when Palmer or any of his QB's were getting lit up...especially when the line started becoming an issue.

You also see that issue with the Colts, whom Arians also has his fingerprints on. 7 step drops/looking for a big play even though that line is terrible and now Andrew Luck's career is on hold.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His passing offense, especially with the Cards, was more 5/7 step drops and looking for the big play. It's great if the QB is obviously good, gets great protection and has shown the tendencies to be consistently on the field for his team. I didn't see much in a way of adapting when Palmer or any of his QB's were getting lit up...especially when the line started becoming an issue.

You also see that issue with the Colts, whom Arians also has his fingerprints on. 7 step drops/looking for a big play even though that line is terrible and now Andrew Luck's career is on hold.

That's it...Arians OFC is downfield passing. QB gets hit a lot, but can make a lot of big plays. At least in PIT, Arians never had Bell so he was never able to give the Rooney's the balance they were looking for so they pulled the plug on him...technically they never renewed his contract but he always felt he was fired, which he was.

Good point on his influence in IND.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFLN just reported that Arians is denying this story. Don't know what the truth is here but I don't care much for the guy as a HC. They also need somebody better than Palmer at QB. A healthy David Johnson will help them but they need other parts to get back to contention.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wonder why they went with Gabbert who cant hit the broad side of a barn beyond ten yards

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He stepped up in Indy when Chuck Pagano had to take the season off to get rid of cancer.

Then he had some good years in Arizona, a team with decades of mediocrity behind it.

Then is QB goes down and he's in a division with 2 other teams who are much better.

It may be he's lost the fire he had, but he hasn't had a starting quarterback for 2 seasons now.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder why they went with Gabbert who cant hit the broad side of a barn beyond ten yards

Didn't you hear? Arians is the 'QB whisperer.' I can't remember who in the media spewed it after he had a good start, but I had a good laugh.