• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns Owner Jimmy Haslam May Be Asked to Step Down in Wake of FBI Probe

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's going on Cap'n and Bluez. Made my way over here as well as MudNCleats.

Hey there Duff! Glad you made it by. Hope you got a new batch of Kool Aid brewing. I sure could use some about now :suds:

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys are getting this board going .. good deals

Sure are trying Misko! Wish the Indians board could get going too...

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is a couple of indian fans I believe

Yeh there are Misko. Trouble is nobody there posts much. Kind of like at the other place. Only time u ever see them is for the live game glogs

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duff, nice to see you. I like the site, pretty much can do or say whatever you want here. Not like the SeeBS site with a digit on the mute key:wtf2:good luck to all Browns fans tonight and this weekend to get talent that we need to rake havoc on the Ravens, Steelers and Bengals:suds:Well bluez we will soon find out if the new is better than the old in picking the draft:think:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh oh! :omg: They're starting to sing already.

Last edited by a moderator:

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think he will be asked to step down.. how many of the owners made there money completely legitimately ?? im sure none of them want microscopes on their finances..

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh oh! :omg: They're starting to sing already.

They are the first to be charged in the investigation. Federal prosecutors allege members of Pilot Flying J's sales team deliberately withheld rebates to boost Pilot profits and pad sales commissions.

:lalala: Singing spells trouble

Now if its just the lower level guys padding their commissions Haslam probly didnt know anything about it... Thats just a 'if' though

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think he will be asked to step down.. how many of the owners made there money completely legitimately ?? im sure none of them want microscopes on their finances..

He won't have to be "asked" if he's in federal prison. No one ever gets "investigated" by the feds unless they're guilty and that's a fact. I think he's in big trouble despite his denials.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won't have to be "asked" if he's in federal prison. No one ever gets "investigated" by the feds unless they're guilty and that's a fact. I think he's in big trouble despite his denials.

Guess Gov Haslam would be impeached as well

jake_rat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to find a silver lining to this story. If Haslam is such a "hands-on" guy, how did he not know about such massive fraud? This raid has already limited his hands on approach with the Browns. The draft was terrible.

The Feds are going to take their sweet time and this investigation will definitely drag out through this entire upcoming season. More guilty pleas all season. But Haslam - he didn't know. Who really buys that?

OK, maybe since they are no longer trying to shoe horn Weeden into a west coast offense, and since they got a coach that can call in plays timely (I hope), they will improve over last year. Barring injuries, improve to 7-9, or maybe even 8-8.

What's ahead? The NFL taking over the team? Or a new owner that puts in a whole new staff? Lord God.