• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns open to trading Hayden

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
P.S, Phillip Gaines is not the starting CB opposite Peters unless Mitchell and Nelson spontaneously combust. In reality he's probably CB5 on the team but we'll see how he's actually used. He got his chance last year and failed so spectacularly he'd be cut on a deeper secondary.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ProFootballfocus ranked him 115 out of 121 corners last season

This guy is a brutally bad player, living off some early career success

Actually he's been more oft injured than brutally bad....played in only 18 games since the '14 contract.

He had a good season last yr...that did show that maybe he's finally got his wheels back.

He's no longer a top tier CB and hasn't been since the '14 season...the numbers finally reached the point where it made fiscal sense to release him and the Browns have again made another good football decision.

Reportedly, IND, PIT, and at least one other team is interested...If he's willing to play for $4 to $6 mil per, I think he'll have a job probably before the weekend.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ditto- out of my price range. Would rather sift through cutdown and get a young guy.

Reportedly PIT is showing interest, but they rarely over pay in cases like this.

Given that PIT is not truly settled at CB2 or 3, I can see why they would have interest. I think they have the bodies for a solid CB3 even if they have not claimed the position yet....there's a youngster Hilton that is showing all the signs that he will be the starting slot over Gay.

I have always liked Cockrell as a mid level CB2, but the reality is, he's probably a CB3 or 4 in DEN or NE.

If I'm Colbert, I would kick the tires on Haden, but I would try to see if I can work out a trade with CHI for Kyle Fuller for Justin Hunter....PIT needs CB depth, CHI needs a legit WR2/3...both are probably getting released.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a pretty surprised by the story that the Browns were trying to shop Haden. But, since he's been injury prone and unable to perform well when he's actually been on the field, it doesn't shock me.

I was pretty shocked that they outright cut him. I haven't been super plugged in, but he must be just brutally bad now. Plus he has a really big contract. Hate to see him go because he's been a great ambassador for the team, but it's a business and he's not producing.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a pretty surprised by the story that the Browns were trying to shop Haden. But, since he's been injury prone and unable to perform well when he's actually been on the field, it doesn't shock me.

I was pretty shocked that they outright cut him. I haven't been super plugged in, but he must be just brutally bad now. Plus he has a really big contract. Hate to see him go because he's been a great ambassador for the team, but it's a business and he's not producing.

Yeah the shopping must not have been giving any decent returns. This front office ain't waiting around any more, they are opening more eyes around the league...

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the shopping must not have been giving any decent returns. This front office ain't waiting around any more, they are opening more eyes around the league...

I've been on board since day 1 of this front office.

They have a clear plan and they are sticking to it. That's 1/2 the battle.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell they just cut Hayden

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1