• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos new HC

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s a very good question. As far as players, definitely Chubb, possibly Jeudy if Adams shows any interest in following Rodgers. Obviously GB is gonna want a 1st round pick or two.

That’s about near the max I’d go for a QB that old. Chubb, Jeudy, 2 1sts and a 3rd, maybe throw in a 4th next year. Just hard to justify giving up the farm for a guy that may only be around for 2 more seasons or so.
I really hope we don’t trade for Adams as he plays the same position as Sutton and Patrick, and we would have to eat some dead money to trade one of them, Patrick is the most tradable of the 2. Once you trade for Adams you would have to sign him to a new deal at WR 1 money.

My guess to trade for Rodgers would be two 1sts, 2nds, and two or three players. If you add in Adams it would drive up the cost to acquire, and around $60 million in salary annually.

I my opinion something had to be done at the QB position. My thoughts are as follows:
  • Trade for Russell Wilson, he is not near as temperamental. The cost will be multiple 1st round picks plus.
  • Evaluate the QBs in the draft, go get the guy, if you do not believe the guy is in this draft, then explore the really bad FA market and potential less costly trade options to compete with Lock. Keep an eye for the guy you want in the draft, and do your best to have additional draft capital for flexibility.
  • Trade for Rodgers. Rodgers is better the Wilson, but Wilson potentially has more career left, and is less likely to throw a fit if/when his replacement is drafted.
If Hackett is the guy we believe he is, he should be able to get the best out of Lock, or whoever we start. Let Hackett, Paton, OC, and QB Coach evaluate all the options and select the best option for next season.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ask the price of Rodgers question because he seems to be the popular option but I don’t hear a lot about what people would actually give up to get him.

If you peruse r/denverbroncos on Reddit. There is no price too high. It seems we could give up every pick for a decade and that is fine because Rodgers guarantees a SB title every year he is here.

My friend sent me an article last night from sports illustrated. In it a writer says for Rodgers and Adams broncos should give up 4 firsts, 2 seconds, and more picks/players. I asked my friend if that price was too high, even if we missed the SB each year with Rodgers, even if it guarantees 6 more years of what we just had after Rodgers and he was fine with that deal.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope we don’t trade for Adams as he plays the same position as Sutton and Patrick, and we would have to eat some dead money to trade one of them, Patrick is the most tradable of the 2. Once you trade for Adams you would have to sign him to a new deal at WR 1 money.

I have trouble seeing Sutton or Patrick being moved this offseason given both were signed to extensions this year. Unless we are insistent on getting Rodgers and GB is insistent on one of those guys coming in the trade package. That’s the only scenario I could see where either of them aren’t Broncos next year.

That’s why I said if we’re pursuing Adams as well as Rodgers, we’ll probably be sending Jeudy Green Bay’s way. He’s probably the most expendable of what we have that would have value to the Packers.

Reactions: LGM

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have trouble seeing Sutton or Patrick being moved this offseason given both were signed to extensions this year. Unless we are insistent on getting Rodgers and GB is insistent on one of those guys coming in the trade package. That’s the only scenario I could see where either of them aren’t Broncos next year.

That’s why I said if we’re pursuing Adams as well as Rodgers, we’ll probably be sending Jeudy Green Bay’s way. He’s probably the most expendable of what we have that would have value to the Packers.
Green Bay has CAP issues, so from that slant Jeudy makes sense with his draft status and rookie deal.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Adams as outside WR, as are Patrick and Sutton. Jeudy would be fabulous as a slot and backup on the outside in case of injury. Also how much do you commit to 3 WRs? We spent 90 million on Patrick and Sutton, for Adams would be another 60-80 million. I don’t think that is reasonable, while also paying Rodgers.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the other 9 he let his foot off the gas so everyone wouldn’t quit. ;)

I think he just got bored

He probably would’ve won it at all at least 2 more times if it wasn’t for him having an impossible amount of injuries

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George Stiener is a Hackett look-a-like - is the only downside I've seen so far.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it’s behind a paywall, but if you haven’t used your couple of freebies, I recommend this article on the search process. Pretty clear that Paton knows what he is doing:

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever the price - it will be more than Broncos fans want to pay, and less than Packers fans think he is worth.

I have no idea.
Hackett has a 4 year contract. if i’m him i’m pushing Paton for trading for Rodgers and giving up 3 1s to have Rodgers for 3-4 or maybe his entire first contract

a non brainer for the best route to success and long term coaching success

plus he’s an analytics guys and they really need to dive into the success of 1st round picks in the mid to late 20s. less than 30% i bet.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it’s behind a paywall, but if you haven’t used your couple of freebies, I recommend this article on the search process. Pretty clear that Paton knows what he is doing:
Usually you can change browsers (or devices) for more freebies.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's an impressive process. It actually blew my mind and I've seen a lot of well-organized professional people in my time.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paton is very through and very detailed, and that is part of the reason I am a little hesitant to trade so much draft capital for a vet QB, depending on the new staff’s evaluation of Lock. If they believe he can be an above average starter we maybe better to wait for the guy in the draft. There will be some options in the next couple of years.

It is really tempting to go get an established vet as that is the immediate improvement, but unless he plays 1 year longer then what you give up then you are in a tough place to get the next guy.

In the end I am going to trust Paton and Hackett to find the right guy to win 9+ games next year. They have my faith until they show something to indicate otherwise.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paton is very through and very detailed, and that is part of the reason I am a little hesitant to trade so much draft capital for a vet QB, depending on the new staff’s evaluation of Lock. If they believe he can be an above average starter we maybe better to wait for the guy in the draft. There will be some options in the next couple of years.

It is really tempting to go get an established vet as that is the immediate improvement, but unless he plays 1 year longer then what you give up then you are in a tough place to get the next guy.

In the end I am going to trust Paton and Hackett to find the right guy to win 9+ games next year. They have my faith until they show something to indicate otherwise.

Same- Paton's success drafting players makes me want to trade picks even less then ever. (That doesn't mean I am oppose to trading for a QB) but agree with this.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Lock is not the answer
i’m so on the opposite of most on this board when it comes to getting a QB vs losing late first round picks that have as much value and success as a top 10 2nd round selection.

i have no idea what you all have been watching the last 5 years but 19 ppg will not cut it. it’s not going to magically get better

let’s not get the back to back MVP.
let’s roll with Lock

ARod is coming

Last edited: