• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos new HC

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, it would be part of a deal. A quick google turned this up. Take a quick read, fightin.

Thanks for the article. I think what Adams is willing to do, or not willing to do will depend on what decision Rodgers makes. I don't see him willing resigning to play with Jordan Love. If Rodgers decides he wants to stay in Green Bay, an extension for Adams is likely.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then they are officially crazy. Looney toones crazy. Put in the nut house crazy.
Any trade for Rodgers will be crazy. Which is my point. If Elway were still making picks, sure. Six first rounders for all I care.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This June 2017 article doesn;t mention Hackett by name, but discusses how, after a two year absence, the Jags will employ the FB again ... They went on to lead the league in rushing

Will we see more from the FB under Hackett ?? ...

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something GB was known for was building through the draft. I think Paton subscribes to that principle, and pulling from GB coaches who can coach guys up seems like another reason Hackett was hired.

Still basking in the glow of having a smart, process and fact driven front office.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a way Hackett reminds me of John Ralston - former Bronco HC. Ralston was the Stanford HC - and coach Jim Plunkett to the Heisman Trophy. He came to the Broncos in 1972 and built the team that Red Miller used to go to the Super Bowl.

Ralston was a practitioner of the power of positive thinking. He was also a great judge of talent. Unfortunately for him - the talent he put together began to look at Ralston as a guy holding them back - the players actually threatened to go on strike if Ralston remained as Head Coach. Red Miller was brought in and the Broncos had the magical 1977 season.

Having said that - I will say Hackett is twice the football man than Ralston was - so that might be a great combination.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I think this is the football story of the week, the interesting football story of the week, that will get lost in the Flores/Brady/Super Bowl/Olympics hype machine. It’s not the story of the year, but simply a story that is imaginative and I find compelling in this just-find-an-edge day in the NFL. Denver coach Nathaniel Hackett is hiring a coach for his coaches, a teacher for his teachers on the Broncos coaching staff. Hackett is eying an expert in education and technology who will work with each coach to improve engagement with players by learning different and more technologically advanced teaching methods. “I think he can open up a new world of technology and teaching for our players,” Hackett told me. More from Hackett about it:

FMIA: How did you get the idea to coach and teach players differently?

Hackett:
“I am a little bit of an outlier in this profession. I love being different. I majored in neurobiology in college, and there was a chance I was going into the medical field. But what the different paths taught me is there’s not just one way to do anything. I decided I loved coaching football. It’s so dynamic, so diverse, so ever-changing. You’d better be able to engage this generation of players. This is the YouTube generation.”

FMIA: So no big, thick playbooks, like the old days.

Hackett:
“I am paperless. When I left Green Bay to come here, I had two or three boxes, and no heavy-ass boxes.”

FMIA: Describe how you will teach players, and how you want your coaches to teach them.

Hackett:
“In football, when you’re putting in the playbook, it’s called ‘install.’ You really should call it ‘teach.’ Sometimes, when you see coaches coach, players are sleeping in meetings. That can’t happen. I want them to walk into the classroom excited to learn. It won’t be me, or our coaches, just talking. It will always be us interacting. In Green Bay, when we were coaching the quarterbacks, I always found if I could get Aaron [Rodgers] to laugh, I accomplished something. But I’ve been with a lot of different quarterbacks, and they always know I’ll put them in position to excel, and I’ll always have their backs.”

FMIA: Aaron Rodgers—lots of people are connecting the dots—you were the offensive coordinator at Green Bay, had a great relationship with Aaron, and maybe he’ll be traded this off-season …

Hackett:
“I’m the coach of the Denver Broncos. He plays for Green Bay.”

Now there’s a man who’s been well media-trained.