• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos fans. Rank these four potential QB options...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I smell politics on the NFL board. This should go about as well as when Rock was starting daily deflategate updates.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott Tolzien or Matt Flynn.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that they have been in touch with Fitz already....Pretty dumb of Elway not to have a backup plan for this scenario....Bad handling on his part unless he hasn't shown his hand yet...

Well I think he has his backup plan of Kaep. But he's bidding against two teams (Jets who he probably thought would have Fitz) and Browns, and has the weakest hand (latest draft picks).

The only way to really have a for sure plan for your next QB is to use the franchise tag on him before he gets to FA, be willing to offer anything for the guy, or have the #1 overall pick and know who you want there. Outside of that, your backup plan may be the same as 3-4 other teams backup plans.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that they have been in touch with Fitz already....Pretty dumb of Elway not to have a backup plan for this scenario....Bad handling on his part unless he hasn't shown his hand yet...

Broncos always keep things pretty close to the vest. When a ton of rumors get thrown out about other teams it always seems like the Broncos are completely silent. Local writers know that the last person you want to cross in Denver is John Elway. It is a quick way to get fired so even if they are told something they will not release it without permission from the team.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could always draft a QB and save a helluva lot of salary ....

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos always keep things pretty close to the vest. When a ton of rumors get thrown out about other teams it always seems like the Broncos are completely silent. Local writers know that the last person you want to cross in Denver is John Elway. It is a quick way to get fired so even if they are told something they will not release it without permission from the team.

Mark Sanchez ???????.....Yea great plan John !!! :rolleyes2:

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you sound worried...you need to just let it go, dude...

:D

I'm way too old to worry, and having lived through Obamagate, I'm sure nothing could be worse than that debacle...
Trump will wipe the floor with Hilary, she has more skeletons in her closet than Hitler...
And you brought it up, what are you talking about letting it go, I made one reference comment before this one...
Looks like you are the fearful one, and I probably know why, you may actually have to work for your money when Trump gets in office...:eek:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Broncos should start Sanchez - he has similar numbers to Peyton.....

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitzpatrick
Kapernick
RG III

Also got to think a QB is high up on the Broncos list of draft targets this year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Sanchez ???????.....Yea great plan John !!! :rolleyes2:

Haven't been on for a couple of days. Mark Sanchez is one piece of the puzzle. They got him for pretty cheap for a quality back up with starter experience. We are seeing in the NFL that about half the starting QB's miss time throughout the year so having a guy that can at least manage the game as a back up is worth it. Throw in the Broncos gave up a 7th round pick to get him. Getting a guy that actually could make the roster as a 7th round pick is worth it to me. I don't think he will be our day 1 starter. He will be our back up. If he is the starter then yes I will not be happy. As a back up though I would probably rank him in the top-5 back up QB's in the league.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway wants a mobile athletic QB. Fitzpatrick is not that.

Elway should be more concerned about finding a QB that can make Thomas and Sanders relevant again. That is Fitzpatrick.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't been on for a couple of days. Mark Sanchez is one piece of the puzzle. They got him for pretty cheap for a quality back up with starter experience. We are seeing in the NFL that about half the starting QB's miss time throughout the year so having a guy that can at least manage the game as a back up is worth it. Throw in the Broncos gave up a 7th round pick to get him. Getting a guy that actually could make the roster as a 7th round pick is worth it to me. I don't think he will be our day 1 starter. He will be our back up. If he is the starter then yes I will not be happy. As a back up though I would probably rank him in the top-5 back up QB's in the league.

They are trying to get Fitz but he obviously wants too much money...He's no world beater either but better than Sanchez.....He is a good backup though, I'm wondering how much he is costing and could Elway have kept Oz for the money he'll have to spend to replace him....Fitz is holding on for his last shot at a hefty contract and I don't think NYJ are gonna let him go anyway, so it's still a wonder with Kap costing a high pick and a big contract and no assurance he can be effective in that O.....:scratch:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are trying to get Fitz but he obviously wants too much money...He's no world beater either but better than Sanchez.....He is a good backup though, I'm wondering how much he is costing and could Elway have kept Oz for the money he'll have to spend to replace him....Fitz is holding on for his last shot at a hefty contract and I don't think NYJ are gonna let him go anyway, so it's still a wonder with Kap costing a high pick and a big contract and no assurance he can be effective in that O.....:scratch:

Right now it sounds like the Broncos contacted Fitz's agent and told Elway the price and Elway said thank you but no thank you. With Kaepernick they are offering a 4th round pick next year. Not really a high pick plus they have already figured out a renegotiated contract with Kaepernick that works for both sides so he will be cheaper to us than he will be for the 49ers. Now just have to see if the 49ers will blink and trade him for that 4th round pick.