• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos/Bears time to get back on track

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see no reason to take issue with anything AmericanTebowFan has posted .. In fact, my first impression was that ATF was a big Manning supporter - this was early this season when ATF took exception to some critical comments directed at Manning ( ... mostly by me )

No player is above being challenged or questioned - that is what these forums are about ..

I have been a Bronco fanatic since 1975, and for anyone to question my allegiance because I never liked Manning as the Bronco QB is completely out of line ...

I love this team, and have endured a lot of lumps being a fan here in NJ ... any fan has the right to state their opinion

Lord knows I did over at KFFL, long before Manning's age came to the forefront

I hated the signing

Why ??

Because this is exactly what I thought would happen - a lot of attention because of meaningless stats and numbers - the "team" became Peyton Manning And The Broncos ...

It is unfortunate because we didn't build a comfy, climate controlled stadium because the organization gave him everything else imaginable to succeed, and as he has done more times than not in his football career, he choked ...

Maybe we could find Tee Martin to step in because all he did after Manning left Tenn was win a National Championship

As I Bronco fan, I owe nothing to Manning .... The notion of being thankful is preposterous

This organization was an afterthought when Tebow was put in at QB .... The Josh McDaniels fiasco had turned a once proud franchise into a pathetic Division 2 team, and Tebow was tossed in as a sacrifice .... All he did was take a team that was 7-24 leading up to that and carry them - and the fans, and the media - on a miraculous playoff run culminating with arguably the greatest single play in team history ...

I wish Manning had half the chutzpah as Tebow ..

You're right. Every fan of the Broncos has the right to form their own opinions. That's part of what makes our message board the best one on the Hoop! I also agree that no executive, coach or player is above being challenged. This is pro football. It's a sport and a source of entertainment for all of us. I'm as passionate as the next fan and where the Broncos go often affects my mood. I cannot lie.

However, that's where some of our alignment ends, Spirit. My opinion holds no more weight than yours, except with me. I was a HUGE fan of the Peyton Manning signing because I felt he would be the next step in the Broncos reclamation project. I've also been a rabid fan of this team since the early 70's and believed that his addition to our team would accelerate our climb back into relevancy. There is no question in mind that he's done that. You call them meaningless stats. I call them performance results that had this fan excited that my team was always in it. You call it a lot of attention and I call it getting to see my team play in more prime time games every year and lead some discussions in the NFL. Peyton was part of the formula that landed the Broncos back in the Superbowl. Only one out of 32 teams wins the thing and the Broncos fell on their face but I had more fun that year than I've had in some time. Again, it's entertainment for me.

You're right. None of us owe anything to Peyton. He's been paid handsomely. I just enjoy having his class act associated with the team that I pull for and for that, I thank him.

Again, it doesn't bother me that you and I sit on opposite ends of the spectrum regarding some things. I care about you because you love the Broncos. That makes us brothers in my book. I'm as excited to see the Osweiler era begin as I'm sad to see Manning's coming to an end. The most important thing is to stay united in our love for the Broncos and do our part to bring that elusive Lombardi back home to Denver. Go Broncos!

MH64

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to be an interesting game, to see where the Broncos are as a team. They are on a downswing, and the Bears are on an upswing, having won their last 2, and 4 of their last 6. Plus, throw in it's Oz's inaugural start, combined with what looks to be, for all intents and purposes, the end of the Manning era, and there are a lot of questions that will only begin to be answered in this game. This game/this time is a turning point in the Broncos' history, just to give some perspective, and I for one can't wait to see where we're headed.

As for what to expect in the game, I really have a lot of faith that Oz is going to do just fine. He only needs to be mediocre for us to have a good shot at winning. I expect both him and the running game to be decent. So if the defense continues to play like they have been all year, I like our chances.

One thing to note: It will be interesting to see how the team reacts to Oz getting the start and the possible new direction of the offense. Will this fire up the defense even more? Will there be a rift in the locker room? Will Oz be able to cement himself as the starter? There are a lot of questions right now.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. Every fan of the Broncos has the right to form their own opinions. That's part of what makes our message board the best one on the Hoop! I also agree that no executive, coach or player is above being challenged. This is pro football. It's a sport and a source of entertainment for all of us. I'm as passionate as the next fan and where the Broncos go often affects my mood. I cannot lie.

However, that's where some of our alignment ends, Spirit. My opinion holds no more weight than yours, except with me. I was a HUGE fan of the Peyton Manning signing because I felt he would be the next step in the Broncos reclamation project. I've also been a rabid fan of this team since the early 70's and believed that his addition to our team would accelerate our climb back into relevancy. There is no question in mind that he's done that. You call them meaningless stats. I call them performance results that had this fan excited that my team was always in it. You call it a lot of attention and I call it getting to see my team play in more prime time games every year and lead some discussions in the NFL. Peyton was part of the formula that landed the Broncos back in the Superbowl. Only one out of 32 teams wins the thing and the Broncos fell on their face but I had more fun that year than I've had in some time. Again, it's entertainment for me.

You're right. None of us owe anything to Peyton. He's been paid handsomely. I just enjoy having his class act associated with the team that I pull for and for that, I thank him.

Again, it doesn't bother me that you and I sit on opposite ends of the spectrum regarding some things. I care about you because you love the Broncos. That makes us brothers in my book. I'm as excited to see the Osweiler era begin as I'm sad to see Manning's coming to an end. The most important thing is to stay united in our love for the Broncos and do our part to bring that elusive Lombardi back home to Denver. Go Broncos!

MH64

Excellent post !

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing to note: It will be interesting to see how the team reacts to Oz getting the start and the possible new direction of the offense. Will this fire up the defense even more? Will there be a rift in the locker room? Will Oz be able to cement himself as the starter? There are a lot of questions right now.

Reports are it has unified the team, offense and defense. They are rallying behind him. Defensive leaders have told Oz "we're going to fight for you." This is a good thing. I think these guys are all in.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
144 rushing yards against the Vikings and 160 yards rushing against the Packers weren't mirages. This team has shown it can pull it off.

And you're putting way too much importance on the run game. Patriots don't always have a strong run game, and they're a perennial playoff team. Now we might not be able to win the SB, but the season isn't going to suddenly go to crap because we don't run well. Finally, a QB capable of throwing a consistent deep ball will open things up more for the run game. So all hope is not lost here ;-)

The Broncos aren't the Patriots. One team is undefeated and a proven Super Bowl winner the Broncos are not. Not a good comparison. Sorry to disagree.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honest question...no troll, but what has happened to that D the last two weeks? Are key players out? I don't follow closely, but the final scores say they have been off since the Packer game?

What do I need to know?

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honest question...no troll, but what has happened to that D the last two weeks? Are key players out? I don't follow closely, but the final scores say they have been off since the Packer game?

What do I need to know?

It wasn't their best game, but I didn't think the defense was bad against KC. It was more a case of all the turnovers putting them in an impossible situation. Hard for even the best defense to look good when the offense turns the ball over 5 times. I still think Denver has the best defense in football.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ The defense had a bad game against the Colts, but they weren't awful against the Chiefs. They just didn't get any help at all from the offense. The Chiefs scored 29 points, 20 off of turnovers and the remaining 9 following 3 and outs. That says a lot about the kind of game it was for the offense and how it affected the defense.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ The defense had a bad game against the Colts, but they weren't awful against the Chiefs. They just didn't get any help at all from the offense. The Chiefs scored 29 points, 20 off of turnovers and the remaining 9 following 3 and outs. That says a lot about the kind of game it was for the offense and how it affected the defense.
Yeah. How many points did Chiefs score after Manning got benched? D played hard. No prob there.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think we will play Manning again this year?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MH64

Poster of the Month Material -

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think we will play Manning again this year?

Here's my scenario - Osweiler does well - the team continues to win - late in the season the Broncos hit some tie-breakers - need to pick up a key win for home field advantage and Osweiler gets injured - out trots Peyton Manning in relief - he's fresh as a daisy - plays like he has nothing to lose and the Broncos Win! The Crowd goes crazy - the sports writers get out their legends book - and we see replays for the next decade or more.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my scenario - Osweiler does well - the team continues to win - late in the season the Broncos hit some tie-breakers - need to pick up a key win for home field advantage and Osweiler gets injured - out trots Peyton Manning in relief - he's fresh as a daisy - plays like he has nothing to lose and the Broncos Win! The Crowd goes crazy - the sports writers get out their legends book - and we see replays for the next decade or more.
Or Oz goes down and TS comes in and lights it up like a Drew Brees and the world goes crazy! ;)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What do I need to know?

Few things happened...

Colts Game--DeMarcus Ware, Chris Harris, and Brandon Marshall all went down at different times in the game. Injuries are no excuse but those are the captains on each level for our defense. So there was a lot of confusion.

2) Running QB's have always been a problem for an aggressive style defense like ours because an OL can just let them try to run to the outside opening up a nice lane. Andrew Luck was then able to take off running for some huge 3rd and long plays where he picked up the 1st down.

3) Our offense did nothing to help out the defense. 4 of the 6 drives in the 1st half ended in a 3 and out or turnover on the 4th play of the drive. In both of our losses the other team had a huge advantage in TOP

4) Turnovers. Because the games have been where the Broncos get behind early it has made our very aggressive defense lose out on what has been a very swarming defense to cause turnovers.

Chiefs Game

1) Honestly our defense played very well. I would say there was only one drive that I thought the Chiefs really went and earned their points. Beyond that turnovers by our offense put the Chiefs in incredible position. Honestly I thought the Chiefs should have put up 50 points on us in that game. Our defense saved us from that game being even more embarrassing.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect we'll see another very solid performance from this D vs Bears. If the offense doesn't stink like it has for almost every game, this D unit will eat up Cutler and Co. If in a :)

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like this scenario, or any scenario where Osweiler gets injured.

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my scenario - Osweiler does well - the team continues to win - late in the season the Broncos hit some tie-breakers - need to pick up a key win for home field advantage and Osweiler gets injured - Peyton Manning has already been ruled out, as has Trevor Siemian - the commentators are at a loss for who will step in next, as the cameras pan to the executive booth to guage Elway's reaction - he isn't there - the cameras then pan down to the tunnel and out trots a mystery player, #7, Juan El Guey - no one knows who this mystery man is, but he is next man up at the QB position - he plays like he has nothing to lose and the Broncos Win! The Crowd goes crazy - the mystery player trots back into the tunnel to deafening cheers from the crowd - the sports writers get out their legends books - and we see replays for the next decade or more.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did we call up Siemian to back up OZ?

He has been on the 53-man roster all year. The Broncos figured there was no way they could sneak him on to the practice squad with the preseason he had and just the lack of quality QB's in the league. I don't think he has been on the active 46-man roster (still think that is the stupidest thing that they don't allow all 53 players to be active on game day)