• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2018 NFL Draft

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bolles had a tough first year but I still think he can be a good left tackle. I do like his attitude and nastiness. Probably would have had a better rookie campaign with Ron Leary to his right. Not ready to give up on Bolles or move him to the right side just yet. If the Broncos can shore up another great guard and figure out right tackle, our O line could be pretty damn good next year.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bolles didn't have a bad rookie year... Just took the lumps with the good... Pretty expected from a rookie LT. It was about what I was expecting when he got the job from day 1 by default.
I look forward to him growing a lot in year 2.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is another reason why coaching consistency may be a good thing
Bring in new OLine coach may want a different type of player
Now you have a 1st round pick trying to find a new spot.

I would love to draft another Olineman that would start day one.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my favorite college WR's told me he has decided to declare

Texas Tech WR Keke Coutee. Great college numbes in air raid system. Didn't expect him to declare. Had a lot to gain coming back but no real QB behind Shimonek on the depth chart right now. Had a lot to gain coming back though. Size will be a factor but is quick and gets open well. His 40 will be huge for him. Someone needed to tell him that inflated numbers don't always translate to great NFL WR's though. I like him, but just surprised.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to wonder if the Broncos punting on OT till day 2 and double dipping would be the smartest move.

From what I saw from this year’s tape, Connor Williams struggled vs Maryland, struggled first half of Texas, got injured but then came back and did great against WVU. Didn’t look like the same player from his sophomore year to start this season. Has some false steps and can be late off the ball. Also needs more depth in his first step. Connor Williams is very aggressive in his pass sets and can move downhill and outside the hash marks rather easily. Needs to stay balanced though and better ‘catch’ in his pass reps. The run reps are great but Big 12 dominance on the ground isn’t a huge deal lol Add in the knee and you have some variability there. I still think he has highest upside from what I have seen but the knee needs to test well and he has to measure at least 33". One thing I love about Williams is versatility (assuming he makes minimum arm length). I think he could play across the line at LT, LG, RG, and RT. If he doesn’t succeed at LT, you have a lot of other options to go with him and still get value. He looks like he could be a GREAT G (honestly I would have him up with Nelson at G… more athletic than the ND guard) but obviously more value at LT.

Mike McGlinchey is safest bure tackle of the lot, I think could be a very good RT (was awesome there as a freshman at Notre Dame) but limited LT. Just lacks the athleticism in his pass reps and going to second level you want at that left tackle position. Does a much better job in combo as well (that may be due to Nelson though lol) something that an RT is ‘gifted’ with more often. McGlinchey is very consistent with his hand placement and the depth of his footwork. He is this classes Ramczyk really. Technically proficient and best day 1 tackle imo, but athletic upside is limiting reagent to his ability. He is very long, but has struggled against edge rushers w/ length/bend/athleticism (see vs Malik McDowell and Joseph Jackson).

Orlando Brown Jr is a wildcard as well. I can see the size and moves well considering, but in Denver 360 is extremely concerning. You can see in his tape he wears down from the first half to the second half pointing to conditioning problems, and he plays rather stiff and upright as well, looks rigid in his hips and doesn’t transfer weight the best (either due to his height, weight, or combo of both). He just doesn’t look athletic enough to be an island blocker at left tackle in the NFL unless you run a scheme that uses a lot of two tight end sets, making Brown Jr somewhat schematically limited. HE LOOKS like a pure Power Scheme Right Tackle to me. I don’t see the mobility to be a zone heavy tackle (or pass reps to be an LT at all in the NFL), but he is also likely too tall to be a guard. At 6’8" (pry closer to 6’9") Orlando Brown shows some leverage issues, a real shocker… but that issue would be amplified at guard in my opinion. Not only with his height clogging some pass lanes (smaller issue… competent QBs can make up for it but it’s worth mentioning). Bigger issue is leverage. Defensive Tackles are more squat and powerful than ends are typically, and Brown would lose a lot of his power because he would be losing leverage constantly at guard. If Brown tests off the charts at the combine, I will change my tune, but I feel he is very limited positionally and schematically.

Martinas Rankin is currently my second rated offensive tackle. I really enjoy the progress he made this season from last season. He too is another offensive lineman that shows versatility across the line (has shown it, rather than just having it projected). Rankin has taken snaps at all five positions on the offensive line. Rankin needs to keep adding strength as he can get beat by power and not finish blocks because his block did not sustain, but he is so proficient in both his footwork, movement, and hand usage. Extremely hard worker that has added about 50 lbs since entering JUCO. Just moves very efficiently. Listed at 6’5" 307 but want to see how he truly measures.

There are a number of other tackles to watch for as well. Someone I have been high on for months that is starting to pick up steam is Tyrell Crosby. Another versatile OT w/ attitude and power. Some questions about his athleticism but will be one to watch out. People hype Royce Freeman but every time I watch Oregon my eyes get pulled to Crosby.

Jamarco Jones of Ohio State is one worth noting. He plays a tad up right but the length and athleticism are there to be a tackle. Just needs to learn to stay balanced. Easier said than done. Also can be sloppy with his hands, carries them low and doesn’t fight for inside hand placement. Athletic and size tools are there.

Brian O’Neill is an athletic tackle who has some buzz and a likely day 2 player. Moves well and has been adding technique and power. Former TE who converted to OT and has ability to move in space as well as any in this class. He really needs to keep adding strength and technique because right now he looks light and has some issues when engaged with linemen. Kind of has some Bolles in his game but Bolles better run blocker at Utah in my opinion.

Chukwuma Okorafor has size and movement skills for days as well but when I watch him he really lacks punch and nasty. Pry a better zone blocker because I don’t think he can really move guys off the point of attack with how he plays right now. Wish I could get my eyes on his game vs USC but even against ‘meh’ MAC opponents, he left me wanting.

I have only watched Kolton Miller in passing, so do not feel great about commenting on him right now. He has size and moves well and looked okay in pass blocking, but watching UCLA my eyes were on Rosen, so a deeper dive is necessary into Miller’s tape from myself. UCLA hasn’t blocked well, but an offensive line is usually as bad as it’s worst piece (or two worst pieces). I have watched even less Cole Madison from Washington State, but if he does well at Senior Bowl I will revisit. I really dislike Luke Falk and the Air Raid system (I’m a Hawkeye Fan… give me 12, 21, 22 formation with QB under center all day!) so WSU tape is something I don’t enjoy watching haha

You also have to be intrigued by some of the small school offensive tackle talent. Desmond Harrison is a guy getting a lot of buzz. Great size and looks powerful on tape for West Georgia, but against pretty meh competition. Looks athletic for size and powerful, and was a high recruit. Kicked off of Texas though for a failed drug test (not sure extent of this issue). Senior Bowl will be great for him and to find out more about the kid.

There is also Alex Cappa from Humboldt State. Been told he is a late day 2 candidate but could rise after a good week in Mobile at the Senior Bowl. Good size and moves well also. Looks to flatten guys and can get to second level. Hasn’t been this much buzz for a much smaller school offensive lineman in a few years for senior bowl, probably since Terron Armstead and Ali Marpet, so Cappa is one to watch out for.

There is also Brandon Parker of North Carolina A&T and Timon Parris from Stony Brook, both Senior Bowl invites. Brandon Parker looked good in the Celebration Bowl against Grambling State but I need to do more work on him. He looks really big and decent strength and athleticism for his size, but that could be based on who he is playing and talent that is around him. Looks a touch stiff and upright as well. Moves to second level well, but needs to add technique and strength but has starter traits if developed. I haven’t watched any Timon Parris but again, if he makes some noise at Senior Bowl, I will dig in some more to see. From what I have heard he is a candidate to be a guard as well.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crosby is the guy I think is really undervalued right now. Even from a national grade level. I think you will see him catching some buzz once the post game SR bowl and combine, workouts hit stage.

Orlando Brown isn't getting the love he probably deserves... Some scouts think he might just be the best OT in this years draft. I like him a lot.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Dr Cyanide 28

For us guys that are little behind .. name of players and height weight Schools are very helpful . *If you know QB hurries and sack gave up and what not .. * is only if you know .. you are way ahead of some of us ..

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Dr Cyanide 28

For us guys that are little behind .. name of players and height weight Schools are very helpful . *If you know QB hurries and sack gave up and what not .. * is only if you know .. you are way ahead of some of us ..

working on an article now.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they didnt list Virginia Tech's Tremaine Edmunds >:(

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why ppl in general want to move Bolles to RT
If he can't play T it doesn't matter Left or Rigth and if he can learn how to play T he can play LT.. Did Elway miss on his LT and select the worst of the 3?
But then Again this is a staff the moved Leary to cover for Garcia

I don't think it is a matter of whether they think he can't play LT. I think this is a matter of in the AFC West you need 2 good Tackles. If anything I would say RT has much more difficult matchups than LT. So let's say we draft a guy like Connor Williams...I guess I don't care which one starts on which side. They both will be very valuable to this team and the success moving forward.

I think Bolles can play LT just fine and will grow in the position so if they want to go get a guy that is more fit for the RT position then that would be fine. Part of what I liked about Bolles though was that I think he could play either Tackle position and find success. He has the attitude in the run game you like in a RT and the quick feet you like more in the LT. He just needs to clean some things up which I think he will do.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Scott I was going to ask...I have some time next week that if you wanted I would love to sit down and get on google hangouts and watch a Mason Rudolph game with you and just see what you see in him as a prospect.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it is a matter of whether they think he can't play LT. I think this is a matter of in the AFC West you need 2 good Tackles. If anything I would say RT has much more difficult matchups than LT. So let's say we draft a guy like Connor Williams...I guess I don't care which one starts on which side. They both will be very valuable to this team and the success moving forward.

I think Bolles can play LT just fine and will grow in the position so if they want to go get a guy that is more fit for the RT position then that would be fine. Part of what I liked about Bolles though was that I think he could play either Tackle position and find success. He has the attitude in the run game you like in a RT and the quick feet you like more in the LT. He just needs to clean some things up which I think he will do.

My main point Big difference in draft stock selecting a RT vs LT.
I'd feel a lot more comfortable if the LT they selected last year can play LT then we can draft a playmaker in round 1 and get a Olineman later

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think having two good OT's is strictly AFC west related... You need that in any division you play in.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My main point Big difference in draft stock selecting a RT vs LT.
I'd feel a lot more comfortable if the LT they selected last year can play LT then we can draft a playmaker in round 1 and get a Olineman later

This makes sense to me.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Scott I was going to ask...I have some time next week that if you wanted I would love to sit down and get on google hangouts and watch a Mason Rudolph game with you and just see what you see in him as a prospect.
Play a drinking game. Every time mason looks over to his coach for an audible take a drink.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think having two good OT's is strictly AFC west related... You need that in any division you play in.

True but I think the AFC West bring something just a bit more special to the the table than other divisions. Still you are right that having two good tackles is good no matter what division you play in.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Play a drinking game. Every time mason looks over to his coach for an audible take a drink.

Haha I'm trying to watch 2 things at once and it isn't going well here. Have to watch the game later so I can focus more in on some of that.