• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2018 NFL Draft

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A guard should never be picked in the top 10.

I liked him last year at the bottom of the first or top of the second but he stayed in college. I am seeing him mentioned in some way-too-early mocks as a high first rounder now.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can he Rush the passer or play RT ?

I doubt it, but he probably won't get pushed back and sideways all the way behind the RG and into the RB on running plays like our current LG.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it, but he probably won't get pushed back and sideways all the way behind the RG and into the RB on running plays like our current LG.
We have a great RG on our team currently

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LG can be filled with in our team right now .

Leary is with out a doubt RG

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a great RG on our team currently

LG can be filled with in our team right now .

Leary is with out a doubt RG

I think Leary at LG and McGovern at RG would have been pretty good for us this year. But we got the Garcia/Barbre crapfest at LG and then guys started going down. More than anything I'm just hoping that the Broncos are willing to move on from Max Garcia being a starter on the line.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Leary at LG and McGovern at RG would have been pretty good for us this year. But we got the Garcia/Barbre crapfest at LG and then guys started going down. More than anything I'm just hoping that the Broncos are willing to move on from Max Garcia being a starter on the line.

Sorry you are right and yes that is what I was thinking just wrote it wrong .

Garcia is a great back up for C and a starter some day at C .

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry you are right and yes that is what I was thinking just wrote it wrong .

Garcia is a great back up for C and a starter some day at C .

Ah, OK, I get what you meant now.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um yeah....Qb first and then draft every O linemen and his brother after that.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Connor McGovern had a very good game against the Colts - both in run blocking and pass protection. The Oline in general has been improved the last couple of weeks.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can he Rush the passer or play RT ?

Don't know about his ability to play RT but he is one of the best pure Guard prospects in a very long time. He is both great at run and pass blocking. Fits well with the type of OL the Broncos are trying to build. And if we are not considering position is a top-3 prospect in this draft. Being a guard drops his value of course but having LT-RG all with players that can be trusted is a nice thought. Plus some still decent RT's in the 2nd and 3rd round of this upcoming draft to add depth/compete to start.

He isn't my first choice for the Broncos in the 1st round but I also would understand the pick. McGovern is an average starter at best. This kid would be a top-5 Guard in the NFL in the next 2-years.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know about his ability to play RT but he is one of the best pure Guard prospects in a very long time. He is both great at run and pass blocking. Fits well with the type of OL the Broncos are trying to build. And if we are not considering position is a top-3 prospect in this draft. Being a guard drops his value of course but having LT-RG all with players that can be trusted is a nice thought. Plus some still decent RT's in the 2nd and 3rd round of this upcoming draft to add depth/compete to start.

He isn't my first choice for the Broncos in the 1st round but I also would understand the pick. McGovern is an
average starter at best. This kid would be a top-5 Guard in the NFL in the next 2-years.

I'd be OK with picking him around the #10 spot and an OT in the 2nd/3rd. Keep Musgrave as the OC and build a line that can make his Offense work.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just saying, there are only a hand full of QB's that can make an Offense work with a shitty O-Line. But a solid O-Line will make any competent QB successful.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just saying, there are only a hand full of QB's that can make an Offense work with a shitty O-Line. But a solid O-Line will make any competent QB successful.

Agreed. Have to build up the trenches. I will say though this year believe me I've watched a lot of other teams and the Bronco OL is not as terrible as many make it out to be. I would put them in that 15-18 range in the NFL of quality (when they are healthy...obviously without Leary they are not the same caliber).

Still would be nice to add a couple more pieces and get this OL a few years of staying the same and growing together. And I think if you say have LT, LG, C, and RG all figured out with quality players it does make it easier to cover up that RT spot with extra help most plays. I would rather get the RT position figured out as it is much easier to run an offense when you can leave that guy on an island and know he will hold up. But if Connor Williams is gone early in this draft before the Broncos pick they could do a lot worse than picking Quenton Nelson.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking down the New Years Six Bowl Games from an NFL Draft Perspective: Part 1.
Covering the best prospects and matchups in the:

Ohio State Buckeyes vs USC Trojans in the Goodyear Cotton Bowl, Washington Huskies vs Penn State Nittany Lions in the Playstation Fiesta Bowl, and Wisconsin Badgers vs Miami Hurricanes in the Capital One Orange Bowl.

If you are a draft fanatic like myself and want to watch these games with an eye on future NFL players, this is preview is for fellow nuts like you!

You can also find the podcast on iTunes Podcasts under 'Huddle Up', on Stitcher for Androids, and audio up on Youtube under 'Mile High Huddle'.

Huddle Up Podcast: Scouting The Draft | New Year's 6 Bowl Games Preview | Part I

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why ppl in general want to move Bolles to RT
If he can't play T it doesn't matter Left or Rigth and if he can learn how to play T he can play LT.. Did Elway miss on his LT and select the worst of the 3?
But then Again this is a staff the moved Leary to cover for Garcia

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want players in whatever position gives us the best chance to win.

If there is a LT for us that is better then Bolles and Bolles can fill our RT spot I am all down for it.

If not then I am fine with Bolles at LT as he grows.

I love how Bolles is always the first in opposing teams faces and the first to help his teammates up... Now get some consistency and I can REALLY love this guy.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why ppl in general want to move Bolles to RT
If he can't play T it doesn't matter Left or Rigth and if he can learn how to play T he can play LT.. Did Elway miss on his LT and select the worst of the 3?
But then Again this is a staff the moved Leary to cover for Garcia

schematically, RT typically has a TE next to him more often than LT does and can be given help more often than a LT