• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2016 Draft

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't think Sambrailo is a LT. He will move to RT or inside.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't think Sambrailo is a LT. He will move to RT or inside.

I'm torn on this one. I think he has the perfect athleticism that you want for the LT spot in the ZBS. Throw in when he returns he will have experience and what I would hope would be better game functional strength to better compete at the spot. I'm also not sure who else we could bring in that could do a better job than him. I mean if we try to draft one then prepare for some terrible play from the position for a year. With the new CBA and all of their rules on practices the league has had very rookie LT's come in and play even average.

Just going down the list...

2015 Brandon Scherff--ended up getting moved to OG
Ereck Flowers--Was doing well at RT but when moved to LT became one of the worst in the league
Andrus Peat--In and out of starting lineup and missed 4 weeks because of injury
Cedric Ogbuehi--Been on IR the entire year
DJ Humphries--Couldn't make the starting line up

Greg Robinson--Graded out as one of the worst OT's in football his rookie year
Jake Maththews--Had the distinction of being the lowest graded OT in football his rookie year
Taylor Lewan--Couldn't even start...Finally started but then got hurt

Erick Fisher--Well we have enjoyed abusing this kid for the past couple of years
Luke Joeckel--Injury took most of his season
Lane Johnson--Did decent but spent his entire time on the Right Side

Matt Kalil--He did play well as a rookie but then regressed terribly after that for some reason

Tyron Smith--Maybe the last rookie LT to really come in and do well from day 1 since the new CBA came into place.

I say all this just in thinking of the idea of trying to draft our LT this year in the hopes of them doing well from the very beginning. Seems like there is a greater chance that we get some of the worst LT play. I don't see Ryan Clady his rookie year walking in and doing what he did. It is why I am willing to give Sambrailo that 2nd year and see if we can maybe find a RT. It does seem that the rookies who come and play RT have had much better luck their first year.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sambrailo has short arms - not a classic build for LT - The Broncos sign Joe Thomas and move Sambrailo.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sambrailo has short arms - not a classic build for LT - The Broncos sign Joe Thomas and move Sambrailo.

Now this I could definitely see. I've been advocating for this for a while. We get an All-Pro LT at honestly a decent price and are able to move Sambrailo to maybe a less pressure filled spot. It would not surprise me one bit for Elway to go make such a move. From what I understand they were trying to do this not just before the trade deadline but for months before the season even started.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt we go LT again early. That's where Sambrailo will likely play next season. If anything ,they grab someone later for depth. I'm thinking Clady will be heading out.
They won`t go left tackle early cause there isn`t any. If Clady were to take a cut and we have Ty there also, we can find some quality linemen to shore up the rest of O-line. Who knows, maybe one of those guys can develop into a good Lt. But as it looks right now going thru 2016 draft prospects, Lt isn`t looking good as an immediate fix anyway. Go look. Give me some guys you think could take Sambrailos job next yr. I didn`t see any that graded out good as Lt. Maybe I missed em.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sambrailo not sure what the staff seen ?

I am hoping we come up with a starting LT and a good Starting DE in the Draft we need both .. I also think we will need a MLB for depth . Davis will start next year .

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am hoping we come up with a starting LT and a good Starting DE in the Draft we need both .. I also think we will need a MLB for depth . Davis will start next year .
That`s what concerns me. We don`t even know if Ty Sam will be the man and if we don`t get someone in Fa then it could be trouble cause the draft doesn`t look like answer at LT. That`s why resigning Clady, IF he takes cut is not that far-fetched. Denver can find some other good players on the line but LT looks sketchy draft wise anyway.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I actually think our next MLB is already on the roster and it is not Davis. Corey Nelson has been getting some recognition from his teammates for his play when he has come into the game. From what I understand the team is really excited by this kid and especially his coverage skills and instincts. We will still need depth though.

To me top of the list will be DE. Even if we keep both Wolfe and Jackson the position will still be very thin and it is a position you need some great depth at. Then I would go OL depending what we do in the off season I don't know what position you go. I could easily see us cutting Vasquez this year as he doesn't fit this system as well as one would hope and Garcia has really done well at the RG spot. Most likely we stick with Paradis at the Center position and hope he develops a bit more functional strength in the off season. So then it depends what they want to do with Ty Sambrailo as I could see him playing LT, LG, and RT for this team next year.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys think Vernon Davis stays with us next year or is this just a short term deal? Daniels eems to be hit and miss, Green is just ok and I'm not sure what we have in Jeff Heuerman. I think whether or not we keep VD impacts on if we draft a TE early or not.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys think Vernon Davis stays with us next year or is this just a short term deal? Daniels eems to be hit and miss, Green is just ok and I'm not sure what we have in Jeff Heuerman. I think whether or not we keep VD impacts on if we draft a TE early or not.

hard to tell. The team from what I understand was pumped about Heuerman. From what I could tell he was one of the coaches favorite picks this past draft. So if that is true then my guess is VD is gone as they will want to give that kid every chance to get on the field. If they don't trust him to be the player they had hoped though hard to see us wanting VD to go anywhere. I think he is a great fit for this team and still has a lot of good football left in him.

I would recommend to anybody go back and watch the DT catch that got us down to about the 3 yard line on that first drive. If you look to the center of the field VD makes a very nice move to get the safety turned around and was wide open for a touchdown. DT was Osweiler's first read though and he was wide open so hard to pass on that and wait to see if VD's route will open up but he was wide open. The man still has wheels.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounding like a broken record - another incredible game for Christian Mac. 200 yards rushing, 100 receiving, over 100 in kick returns. Plus he throws a TD. So he had a TD rushing, receiving and passing.
I was at this game. it was hilarious.

Well, that didn't work. If you are a FB fan of the Broncos, go watch Christian when he was about 8 years old.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@HammerDown - any interest in creating a separate NFL Draft forum? I know it can be seasonal (Jan- May), but I know this forum has a number of participants interested in following the draft. It helps when fans of other teams discuss their needs and interests to gain a well rounded feel for the draft.

Just a thought...

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got drafted once - It cost me 1 year, 9 months and 20 days of my life.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got drafted once - It cost me 1 year, 9 months and 20 days of my life.
What round??

(Funny I was going through my important papers and came across my draft notice. From Selective Srpervice 1H - "Registrant not currently subject to processing for induction. AUGUST 29, 1972")

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My draft slot was 100 in 1970 - I got my notice from Nixon on New Year's Eve 1970.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in the same draft pool. Apparently Uncle Sam thought more of you than me. I was #321.

Kind of like being an undrafted free agent.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, for sure he didn't have to go to Nam - or Canada!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leonte Carrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo