• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brock Osweiler is Matt Flynn

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what you mean by "plenty", but if some team offers something close to what Cousins or Bradford just signed, then I'm pretty sure you're mistaken.

Your posts above suggest that you "hope" Denver overpays for Oz, but if you're also claiming to know that they will, then you're simply making shit up.

Here is what Elway has said:

“I think as a quarterback, and I tell you looking it as a quarterback and not looking at it as Brock, and I’m not looking at it from being a G.M. of the Broncos,” Elway said. “But if I look at Brock Osweiler, if I’m in his shoes, I look at a place where I could be successful and in a system that fits me. And I will tell you this now, and I’m putting on my G.M. hat, I think we do have a system that fits Brock very well. So for Brock to have continued success, I don’t think will be, this won’t be his big contract, but this will be a contract where he’ll be able to make very good money and be able to prove himself that could lead to that next big contract.”
Look here's the bottom line. Your hero ( Elway ) will pay what ever it takes to sign Oz.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look here's the bottom line. Your hero ( Elway ) will pay what it takes to sign Oz.

LOL Like you know the "bottom line". You know shit. You simply hope that Denver gets into a bidding war. If you knew how Elway operates, you wouldn't claim that it's a lock that Oz plays in Denver this season.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL Like you know the "bottom line". You know shit. You simply hope that Denver gets into a bidding war. If you knew how Elway operates, you wouldn't claim that it's a lock that Oz plays in Denver this season.
:D Guess we'll have to wait and see. I don't claim to have inside info, just common sense tells me that after Manning retires, it only makes sense to have the QB you been grooming all this time be your QB. The only hold up IMO is the price tag, which Elway has decided to let the market set.

However you, Mr Bronco fan have decided that Elway would rather go with who ever rather then pay Oz the big bucks. We shall see.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:D Guess we'll have to wait and see. I don't claim to have inside info, just common sense tells me that after Manning retires, it only makes sense to have the QB you been grooming all this time be your QB. The only hold up IMO is the price tag, which Elway has decided to let the market set.

However you, Mr Bronco fan have decided that Elway would rather go with who ever rather then pay Oz the big bucks. We shall see.

I saw the Broncos win the SB with mostly poor QB play and a stellar defense. "Common sense" tells me that it makes more sense to try that recipe again than it does to pay Oz around $20 million a year.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the Broncos win the SB with mostly poor QB play and a stellar defense. "Common sense" tells me that it makes more sense to try that recipe again than it does to pay Oz around $20 million a year.

Funny you should say that. I remember folks saying the Seahawks could win with who ever at QB, never agreed with that and always thought RW was important to the Seahawks success.

Good luck with trying to win with who ever at QB. Common sense should tell you that it's unlikely for the Broncos to be a contender with a shrub at QB. I'm pretty sure Elway disagrees with you.

You know the biggest reason the Broncos fan are OK with Oz moving on
? It's because they think he'll be a bust and I agree with them. :yes:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos should be thrilled with a Flynn type deal. He got 3 years-21 mil-10 guaranteed. In 2012 he was 22nd in terms of average salaries for QBs.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos should be thrilled with a Flynn type deal. He got 3 years-21 mil-10 guaranteed. In 2012 he was 22nd in terms of average salaries for QBs.

Yeah they should, but unfortunately Oz is going to cost a bunch more.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Denver is one of several teams that would be thrilled to get Oz for a deal like that. Don't think it will happen, though.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So in the past 30 years we've seen great defenses without great QB's win Superbowls... 01 Ravens, 85 Bears, 00 Bucs, you are saying the fact that all were right back winning more championships prove you can keep it working for you?

We've seen how much Elway values the QB position. The one time he flat out blatantly went against what he said was when he had a chance to upgrade from his "QB of next year in Tebow" and he spent millions on a chance that Peyton would be able to recover. He also went out and spent a valuable pick on another QB that year.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Osweiler throws 480 yards and six TDs in a game call me.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in the past 30 years we've seen great defenses without great QB's win Superbowls... 01 Ravens, 85 Bears, 00 Bucs, you are saying the fact that all were right back winning more championships prove you can keep it working for you?

We've seen how much Elway values the QB position. The one time he flat out blatantly went against what he said was when he had a chance to upgrade from his "QB of next year in Tebow" and he spent millions on a chance that Peyton would be able to recover. He also went out and spent a valuable pick on another QB that year.

Were or are Doug Williams, Jeff Hostetler, Mark Rypien, Eli Manning, Joe Flacco, or last year's version of Peyton Manning "great" QBs? I'd say the list is three times longer than the QBs of the three teams you mention.

Still, I think you miss the point, which is that Elway is not going to pay Oz close to $20 million a year. His remarks indicate to me that he will offer something like $28 million for two years with around $18 million guaranteed. Makes much better sense to try to maintain the defense and improve the run game than it does to pay Oz like a franchise QB.

I suspect another team will offer significantly than what Elway offers and Denver will let Oz go. Denver will then play either Siemien, a lower priced FA, or a rookie.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were or are Doug Williams, Jeff Hostetler, Mark Rypien, Eli Manning, Joe Flacco, or last year's version of Peyton Manning "great" QBs? I'd say the list is three times longer than the QBs of the three teams you mention.

Still, I think you miss the point, which is that Elway is not going to pay Oz close to $20 million a year. His remarks indicate to me that he will offer something like $28 million for two years with around $18 million guaranteed. Makes much better sense to try to maintain the defense and improve the run game than it does to pay Oz like a franchise QB.

I suspect another team will offer significantly than what Elway offers and Denver will let Oz go. Denver will then play either Siemien, a lower priced FA, or a rookie.

Exactly... 1 SB and done every time there for those guys... It is tough to continue winning with bad QB's.. Flacco obviously has played much better and dominated that post-season, Eli as well was amazing his runs, trust me, they aren't upset they paid him... Which is why they got great deals.

I don't see 20 mil... more 16-18 I think, and I think that if Denver really did like his leadership and what he was doing in practice, they absolutely should pay.

old1r1sh

It's a Great Day for Hockey
Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Click the link for the full article

From the Mike High Report. It appears this is from a Denver fan or sports writer. What are Denver fans thoughts on this?

Brock Osweiler is Matt Flynn

Ok, so now we come to Osweiler, the "heir apparent" to you-know-who.

Allow me to slap the ridiculous attempts at "Brock is da best" arguments that I have read over and over again like a doctor slaps a newborn baby's ass.

"Brock beat New England and Cincy": False: The defense beat the Pats and Bengals. Brock helped put the Broncos in 14+ point deficits. The defense helped bail them out. As well as CJ Anderson.

"Brock is 5-2 as a starter": True, but that's like saying "you know who" won the Super Bowl. The Defense did and you all know it.

"This is a 'what have you done for me lately league. Brock has won, so his price is through the roof": False. The last time we saw Brock, he got BENCHED. So in the "what have you done for me lately" league, the answer is "you got benched for a QB that couldn't play dead in a western."

Ok, now onto the crux of my argument: Brock lacks the experience to be given anything but a middle of the road contract. I'm talking in the $10-12 million per year range. If you want to guarantee the money so he takes less, that's fine. If you want to put incentives on it for his performance, that's fine. But to straight up pay him more than that is simply irresponsible.

You say Cousins and Bradford set the market for "average" QB's? I'll see you that and raise you "Brock isn't in their class yet." Don'e believe me? Here, let's break it down, shall we?

Kirk Cousins: 25 starts
Sam Bradford: 63 starts
Ryan Tannehill: 64 out of a possible 64 starts
RGIII: 35 starts
Brock Osweiler: 7 starts
I agree with most of this. The only problem I have isn't with the argument you make, but with the Broncos. Peyton really shoudn't have been playing imo. If he hadn't the Broncos would know more about him and still probably won the Super Bowl. We all know Manning didn't play that big of a role in the playoffs. Hell, McManus was more deserving of Super Bowl MVP than Manning was. McManus had the best game for any kicker last year against my Steelers.

The point is, I could've quarterbacked that team to a championship. So if the QB position isn't as immportant, why not give Osweiler the rest of the season to see what he can do? Manning was a nice story for those who are fans of his (I'm not), but outside of the storyline, I personally don't see any reason why Manning played over Brock.

I think Brock still has potential greater than that of Kirk and Bradford, but he will likely get overpaid by someone like the Jets. That'll force him out of Denver. If I was the Broncos GM, I'd draft Lynch at the end of the 1st round and let Osweiler walk. Paxton is basically the same QB anyway. All you'll lose is 7 games of NFL starter experience and a bunch of bench notes.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they should, but unfortunately Oz is going to cost a bunch more.

He's only got 7 starts.

I think Oz gets 12.5 × 2, maybe 3 years. He wont sniff 20 like ive seen suggested.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's only got 7 starts.

I think Oz gets 12.5 × 2, maybe 3 years. He wont sniff 20 like ive seen suggested.

I think Denver will offer him something like that, maybe even a little more. I also think it's likely, however, that a team like the Texans, Rams, or Browns offers quite a bit more, in which case Osweiler won't return.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is, I could've quarterbacked that team to a championship. So if the QB position isn't as immportant, why not give Osweiler the rest of the season to see what he can do? Manning was a nice story for those who are fans of his (I'm not), but outside of the storyline, I personally don't see any reason why Manning played over Brock.

In the last game of the regular season, against SD, the Broncos were down in the third quarter when Kubiak replaced Osweiler with Manning, who led an important comeback win. Had never not won that game, they wouldn't have had home field throughout the playoffs.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's only got 7 starts.

No he won't be getting 20 million. I'm not sure what he can get, but whatever it is, I pretty sure the Bronco's will end up signing him.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter what QB is coming up, many will say they are the next _____.
So many more will say they are going to be a bust.
Really, we don't know so we might as well be positive if it is your team - or negative if not.....

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unless he is a total moron, he's gonna get paid....He has the leverage and although it may not be 20 mil a yr, it's not gonna the low ball 12 mil Elway offered....More like 18 mil which is still gonna cost them some players...
And if you think any qb can take you to a SB with a 1 yr good D, you are mistaken....
There are no assurances that that D will be as good next yr and especially if they lose a few of those FA's..