• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brock Lesnar close to finalizing deal to fight on UFC 200 card

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White is a fucking douche. He needs his ass kicked. Not the first time he's banned reporters because he doesn't like what they report. Helwani was just doing his job. The media is not there to be UFC's PR firm.
He will cool off and Ariel will be back eventually. White was just irritated because so many other reporters kept asking about it while their cameras were rolling before the UFC wanted to announce it so he took it out on Ariel's nose.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When and why was Ronda suspended?

I thought she got suspended 6 months for continuing to fight with a broken jaw when she lost her title.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,931.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's facing Mark Hunt. He should be able to beat him.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's facing Mark Hunt. He should be able to beat him.
If it stays standing, Hunt will get a KO. Otherwise, it's Brock sitting on Hunt for 3 rounds for a win.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Medical suspension I believe.

I thought she got suspended 6 months for continuing to fight with a broken jaw when she lost her title.

Thanks guys. Found it. Ronda and Joanna Jedrzejczyk both received 180 day medical suspensions. The word suspension threw me. Usually it's used for someones wrong doing. In this case, it's for health reasons. Imagine if the NFL did this type of stuff. Short season.

"The medical suspensions usually are handled by state athletic commissions regulating the fights and not made public. However, for last weekend’s fight card in Australia, the UFC regulated itself in the absence of a commission and released a full list of medical suspensions to MixedMartialArts.com.

The suspension descriptions indicate concern for a head injury with Rousey and a broken right hand with Jedrzejczyk. The strawweight champion won a decision over Valerie Letourneau but felt she probably broke her hand as she had earlier in the year.

The medical suspension issued by the UFC mandates Jedrzejczyk not fight again within 45 days, and have no contact or real training for 30. She is suspended for 180 days unless cleared by an orthopedic doctor after having an X-ray examination that reveals no damage.

Rousey’s suspension is also for 180 days, unless she is cleared by a head CT scan that reveals no damage. She is not to fight again for 60 days and not to have contact for 45."

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it stays standing, Hunt will get a KO. Otherwise, it's Brock sitting on Hunt for 3 rounds for a win.

I used to know his brother Mike.

Its really not much of a secret that fighting Lesnar means body shots. If Hunt head hunts he will lose, if he goes to the body he can double over Brock like before.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks guys. Found it. Ronda and Joanna Jedrzejczyk both received 180 day medical suspensions. The word suspension threw me. Usually it's used for someones wrong doing. In this case, it's for health reasons. Imagine if the NFL did this type of stuff. Short season.

"The medical suspensions usually are handled by state athletic commissions regulating the fights and not made public. However, for last weekend’s fight card in Australia, the UFC regulated itself in the absence of a commission and released a full list of medical suspensions to MixedMartialArts.com.

The suspension descriptions indicate concern for a head injury with Rousey and a broken right hand with Jedrzejczyk. The strawweight champion won a decision over Valerie Letourneau but felt she probably broke her hand as she had earlier in the year.

The medical suspension issued by the UFC mandates Jedrzejczyk not fight again within 45 days, and have no contact or real training for 30. She is suspended for 180 days unless cleared by an orthopedic doctor after having an X-ray examination that reveals no damage.

Rousey’s suspension is also for 180 days, unless she is cleared by a head CT scan that reveals no damage. She is not to fight again for 60 days and not to have contact for 45."

I thought Dana originally said it was 6 months, thinking he wanted to make sure Ronda was ready before going back for her belt, but that wasn when her jaw was wired shut. He protects his girl and I think he felt it was the best way to protect her was telling her not to fight for 6 months. Of course he holds all the cards and just would not have booked her anyway.

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I hear Shane Carwin might be coming back also?

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, but its been 5 years.
In that sport that's a very long time.
He'll need months to get back into fighting shape depending on his conditioning since his last fight.

Well he has a little over 3 weeks. Plus right now this is only a 1 off fight.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, but its been 5 years.
In that sport that's a very long time.
He'll need months to get back into fighting shape depending on his conditioning since his last fight.
I agree but there was a time not too long ago when he came close to signing with the UFC and he was training. He went for a WWE contract instead. Other than that, I have no idea if he has been training or not.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brock will shoot in on Hunt asap and hammer fist him until the ref steps in. If Brock tries to stand with Hunt, he will get dropped like Mayweather would drop McGregor in the 1st round of a boxing match.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the Huntington Beach Bad Boy set to return?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of hypocritical of Dana to bash Jones(rightfully so) after bringing back Lesnar and granting him a waiver on his performance enhancing drug test when his ass looks like a pin cushion